Unrested Hearts[First Game][Modern Fantasy][Dating Sim/VN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Graciegirl
Projects: Unrested Hearts, The Love Reader, The Land of Wonder

Unrested Hearts[First Game][Modern Fantasy][Dating Sim/VN]

#1 Post by Graciegirl »

Story: Masha's sister is killed in a tunnel collapse. One month later, a young man claims she can be resurrected so long as she is given a heart within three months of her death. Masha agrees to help him, and he sends her to other worlds to find someone willing to offer up their heart. However, the Nightmares are plaguing the worlds and the Enforcers are right on their tail. She has two months to get a heart, or her sister will be lost forever.

The setting is in a fantasy world with a modern touch to it. The story touches on the politics of her homeland, so I'm hoping to develop the culture too.

I'm still working on the genre, but I would love some comedy to it. Comedy-drama is sounding like the best option right now.

I want to give this game two arcs: the first one revolving around her stat and relationship building (basically a dating sim style), and the second one more of a visual novel style. Chapters or diary entries help track progress in the story. I also want a battle system and I already have an idea of how to code it, however it will be super simple. I'm also going to have little side-story quests for the romance development and an extra jump in stats.

I have the basic gist of the chapters down, yet character development is really slow. I need to get writing to get going, but every time I get an idea of how to code something, it doesn't work out. I could be biting off more than I can chew right now, but if I take is slow I'm sure I'll get it done. I'm kinda in a stump right now, and I just want feedback if this is something I should continue with.

Some questions for ya'll:
1) What are your opinions on the story? Is it interesting enough?
2) Do you have any themes you would like to see implanted? Ex: friendship, family, loyalty...
3) Any things you're looking for in this type of game? Ex: CG gallery, battle system, inventory...
4) Is the name terrible?

Can you guys make sure I get to work on this? I have a nasty habit of going back and forth with something and then never getting it done.

Hanachi

Re: Unrested Hearts[First Game][Modern Fantasy][Dating Sim/V

#2 Post by Hanachi »

Well, it sounds interesting to me. Kinda.

1) What are your opinions on the story? Is it interesting enough? /Yes, it does catch my attention.
2) Do you have any themes you would like to see implanted? Ex: friendship, family, loyalty... /Well, not really. I'm okay with anything, and it already sounds good enough.
3) Any things you're looking for in this type of game? Ex: CG gallery, battle system, inventory... /Probably the CG gallery... or music room... or anything, actually?
4) Is the name terrible? /The 'Hearts' naturally fits, but the 'Unrested' sounds a bit weird to me... not that I have a problem. I'll get used to it soon enough. So, no, it's not terrible.