Pumpkin Love(Fantasy,Tragedy,Romance,Thriller)Sketches Added

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Pumpkin Love(Fantasy,Tragedy,Romance,Thriller)Sketches Added

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

AN-Thanks to a friend of mine, and a mind that doesn't know when to stop writing ideas down, I've decided that it was time to make a game like this. I'm not sure how many people will like this because of the main characters, but this is something I've wanted to do and will stick by it. It's important to me, and I plan on getting this out when I can. I'm grateful to those who have any advice or encouragement, and really hope to make an inspiring game. Thanks to anyone who read this post as well :mrgreen:

Premise- You play as Simone and Simon, two very poor young adults who go back to their hometown in order to attend the funeral of their father. With no money to their name, or really any place to live, the pair have no choice but to stay and look after their late father's home. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have to live in the very place that almost caused their deaths. To make matters worse, they both run into some old faces from the past, faces that are best left forgotten. Now trying their best to make their lives whole again, and somehow forget the ghosts of their pasts, Simon and Simone will have many tough choices to make. Choices that will either lead to forgiveness, love, or revenge.

Characters
Simone- Simone is overweight girl with a deep love for food, and games. Unlike her piers, she has no desire of being married and longs to one day open a shop in town. Foul-mouthed, rowdy, and proud, Simone does her best not to let what others say get to her. Despite her seemingly confident nature, Simone still greatly struggles with body image and can't stand being around people since she's often made fun of. Simone longs for her freedom, and can't stand inclosed places. She can also be considered a bit lazy as well, and only does the things she likes. Still, she is a good friend, and tries to do what's right. However, with her lack of trust in most and self-destructive tendencies, she may never know the true meaning of happiness one can get from other people.

Simon- Unlike his sister, Simon is one to care about what people say, but only when it concerns his sister and her image. He is a thinker, and observer, always studying the world around him. Because of his pudgy, and short stature, Simon is often picked on by other. But due too not wanting to cause trouble, he refuses to tell anyone about it. Simon is content with his home life, and has a deep fear of crowds and big places. When feeling cornered, he often has dizzy spells. Like Simone, he doesn't have any powers, but is able to see into people's hearts, which can either be a good or bad thing. Simone also has a deep passion for literature, and spends most of his time in the library. Also has a bit of a bad luck streak, and often causes misfortune to others.

Faye-A girl who always seems to be happy even in the darkest hour. Faye is the princess of the sky kingdom, and is very adapt when it comes to flying. She's been at Zareth since she was 15, and knows much of the going ons. Due to her friendly and excitable nature, Faye is popular among the students. She deeply believes that one can't have too many friends, and is always willing to make a new one. When meeting Simone and Simon, she is nothing but ecstatic about having some new friends, and is one of the few who actually treats them well. Faye isn't the most trustworthy person when it comes to keeping secrets, and often is one to believe any gossip that comes her way. She is also a bit clueless at times, and is always getting into trouble with teachers whenever she's blowing up something, which always seems to be something technical.

Obtainable Characters
Aidan-The fire prince who is known for being destructive. Aidan, like many of his people, love the smell, feeling, and site of fire. Their kind is known for burning down forests, though this stopped once Aidan's grandfather took over the kingdom. To him, school is something more of a burden then actually a help to him. The only thing he seems to enjoy about school is hanging around girls, or causing trouble for people. Aidan is cocky, brash, and very rude, often gaining thrill out of even making the adults angry. Surprisingly, though a guy who isn't one to give in to the norm, Aidan is one who cares about looks, and will only date girls he believes are very beautiful. Like expected from a guy of fire, Aidan is very short tempered, and when anger to his point, will go on a deadly rampage. Though seemingly confident, Aidan is secretly scared of his power, which is why he doesn't use it.

Caleb-An ice wizard who is seemingly detached from the world around him. Not much is known about Caleb's family except for the fact that they are the only race known to survive -50 degree weather. Caleb came to Zareth in hopes to achieve something new in his life, but has yet to achieve such goals. Cold, distant, and even a bit critical, he has few friends. He is however, a long time enemy of Aidan due to their conflicting powers, and families. Caleb, like the Simone, has always had distrust for people and rarely finds the company of others fun. The only happiness he gets is from his bird Koori. He does have a deep passion for inventing however, and is currently trying to find a way to block out the sun in his homeland. Though a cool and collected person, Caleb has a severe identity problem, and often has nights of screaming due to some fear of his.

Darcy- A princess who hales from the dark world. Darcy can be considered the very embodiment of beauty, jealousy, and wrath. She's a competitive girl who will do anything to make herself known, even going as far as to sleep with just about anyone. Though spoiled and vain, Darcy isn't the girly princess that everyone thinks she is at first sight. She's more on the side of a crazy genius who is able to manipulate anyone to her will. Like her brother, Darcy believes highly in her family's power and uses scare tactics to those who piss her off. Currently, she has her eyes set on Caleb, something that is indeed rare for a girl like her, yet is completely oblivious to Aidan's feelings for her. In school, Darcy is at the top of all her classes, and doesn't take to losing well, even resulting in some rather sleazy tactics if she feels threatened. Still, for a girl like this, one has to wonder if she can actually be so happy, especially when she's known nothing but loneliness in her life.

Killian-The younger twin brother of Darcy. Like his sister, Killian thrives on the power that his family name gives him. Killian though, isn't one to cause fights, and would rather watch the drama his sister always gets into. Unlike Darcy, he is much more leveled headed when angry, but is sinister when getting revenge. He's often labeled by others as a demon of sorts because of his rare, intimidating red eyes. With absolutely no friends, except maybe Caleb, Killian spends most of his time reading. His mentality of the world often comes into question, even by his own sister. He doesn't seem to fear much, and even thrives on the misfortune of others. Killian also has this deep obsession with Darcy, and often causes 'accidents' to happen to anyone, especially guys, who come near her. However, he seems to have a soft spot for Caleb, and is willing to allow him with her if he ever decided to do so. Like his sister, Killian also has a deep fear of being alone, but it seems his fear has become almost completely part of his reality, thus causing him to know nothing about friendship or love. Still, even with all this, it can't be denied that Killian can be a good person. But when being the keeper of nightmares, it's hard for him to stay completely sane.

Cloche- Cloche is the head of the kendo club, and has earned respect from many of her piers. She is very protective of the students of Zareth, and is one to always uphold the rules. Though not a princess, Cloche has made a name for herself and is admired by many, yet can't seem to get a guy due to her tuff exterior. Cloche though, struggles deeply with stress and having to please her family, often feeling like she has to complete with the higher ups. Her only peace is when she is alone and is practicing with her sword. Though a calm and often rational person, Cloche often gets frustrated when dealing with students who don't follow the rules, and has a side to her known as 'The Beast', which emerges whenever she is pissed off. Also has a secret love for cute things, though is doesn't really suit her.

Gareth-The headmaster of the school who has a rather found interest in Simon and Simone. He is also the father of Killian and Darcy. Many find his methods unethical, and very strange. Gareth has a love for showing off, and making his entrance something to remember. Though a guy who is always cracking jokes, it's best not to anger him, as he's even more frightening then Killian. Has a bad obsession for cats.

An-There's not much here, but I'd just like to know what you think of the idea and characters. Thanks again :)

Here's a simple quick sketch done the lovely Aviala. She's the sprite artist. Did this sketch up quickly. It's not finalized, but I'd like to show what the art will look like ^^
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Pumpkin Love(Fantasy,Tragedy,Romance,Thriller)Sketches A

#2 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Wow this seems like it will be full of drama and fun! Love the sketches too :) I'm wondering though, where does the pumpkin in the title come from?
ImageImage

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Pumpkin Love(Fantasy,Tragedy,Romance,Thriller)Sketches A

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Wow this seems like it will be full of drama and fun! Love the sketches too :) I'm wondering though, where does the pumpkin in the title come from?

I'm hoping that it will be :) . I'm really getting into this one, and since my other are kind of in rest mode, I need something to write about :wink: . And thanks :mrgreen: . Aviala's style is really pretty, and I'm hoping she'll have fun with this game. As for the title well it was a reference to the main characters. Since both are rather on the heavy side, I thought it would be cool to call it Pumpkin Love. Though the title is a bit too cute for what I'm writing, though the game does have it cute moment and comedy ^^