Freedom [Fantasy][Romance][Otome] (On hiatus)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sythini
IRC Nick: Sythini

Freedom [Fantasy][Romance][Otome] (On hiatus)

#1 Post by Sythini »

Freedom

"In the end all of us are human- No one is different and no one deserves this."

Plot:
This game follows Sibylle, a young mage with incredible talent and her life after is scouted to attend a prestigious magic academy. however beneath this school there lies a dark secret that could potentially kill everyone. The choices she makes will determine whether she continues living the ideal life or finds the truth that could save them all.

Characters:

Sibylle (17)
Female
Cool, calm and quick-witted, although a bit mischievous she is a kind and leader like figure towards her friends. She is sensible although rather easily influenced and surprisingly air-headed.

Xavi Ceros (18)
Male
A kind and gentle person, he is polite although somewhat blunt. he is good friends with Cruz and the first person Sibylle meets after transferring in.

Cruz Danos (17)
Male
A boy from a middle class he attends to prove that not only nobles can get good jobs. He is brash, but kind and loyal to his friends.

Reyes Harlquin (16)
Female
Sweet, yet strict, Reyes is Sibylle's responsible best friend and confidant. She was moved up a grade because of her perfect grades.

Mia Andrés (17)
Cruz's childhood friend who has a slight crush on him. She is easily irritated and quick to resort to violence, but a lot of people respect her.
--------
Hi, i am sythini! So this is the first game i will be making so it probably won't be very good but i'll try my hardest to finish! I am working on this alone and the progress will be slow from September. The game will have three routes, two love interests and one friendship ending.

Update - 15/10/14
Unfortunately My laptop broke last month and I had to get a new one. As i haven't backed it up in a while I lost everything that I've done so far. So I have absolutely nothing for this project :| . I will give up on this project for now...
How can this topic be deleted?
Last edited by Sythini on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

Re: Freedom [Fantasy][Romance][Otome]

#2 Post by Holland »

Congrats on starting your first game! :)

"What do you think of the concept?"
Although the whole "mage academy with a dark secret" trope is pretty overdone, it's not necessarily bad. I'm curious to see how you pull it off. The characters are interesting, but they almost seem a bit too perfect (?) in that they're all so nice / kind / sweet (aside from Mia). Again, it's not a bad thing. I just have trouble imagining the dialogue between people who share such similar personalities. I'm always up for a fantasy VN and look forward to seeing what you do with it all either way~

"I can't think of a good name, so any suggestions would be appreciated!"
I don't know enough of the story to make a suggestion, sorry v_v'

"Do you think I should input a battle system?"
Only if it's in the scope of your ability and won't interfere with the rest of the game. It'd be a nice added bonus if you did and could bring in a unique crowd, but it could also break the immersion if it's done badly. Use it at your own risk.

"Should I add a explanation page of the different types of magic on the title screen?"
Does the game need it? Are there a lot of difficult concepts? If it's just a few different types of magic, it might be easier to just have a character explain it during the game in a conversation.