UPDATE 24/08- Depressed Writer [Slice of Life][BL][GL][BxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ina

Re: UPDATE 24/08- Depressed Writer [Slice of Life][BL][GL][B

#16 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maricon

#17 Post by maricon »

Do you have a tumblr or twitter? How committed you are to this project?

HidekiKun
Projects: Red Ties
Tumblr: hideki-husbando
Deviantart: vissnande
Soundcloud: Cicinee

#18 Post by HidekiKun »

*o*
I really love the idea for this, it's rare to find people to are willing to dwell into such aspects of human life that sometimes isn't seen by the public eye, especially if they have it as well. I'm looking forwards to it. uvu

1. What do you think of the characters? Are there any suggestions for development?
Honestly, no, because I just wanna scoop them all up in a smothering hug. UB ... tight hugs... smother smother...

2. Is the art-style okay? Will it benefit to keep backgrounds fairly shaded and dark?
HHHH the art-style makes me doki because it's mega nice and unique in its own way?? And yes, it will benefit to keep the backgrounds on the dark side... but what if the backgrounds are also used to indicate... progression? Like, lighter backgrounds when things aren't as bleak.

3. Do you think by using a solid (human) antagonist, the storyline can be pushed? Should there be some changes? [Edit- Mila]
Why wouldn't it? I like Mila's design and the beliefs she holds-- I am curious about how she had formed them, if there was something in her past that occurred which made her think the way she did.

4. Do you think that keeping the balance between battling depression and escaping it is a good topic to focus on?
I do, balance sometimes is needed, and in this case I think it should be.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#19 Post by pocoscon »

Let me tell you, I will play this game. I don't see many games that delve into something like depression. Like the mc, I too suffer from depression. It's something that's not easy to go through and really can make life hard for the person. I'm really grateful to see you making this though, and hope you keep motivated with it =)

1-I think the characters are realistic =) . I'm really interested to see what you do with Jacob. As for the others I like the detail you gave them as well. It makes them really interesting and will be fun to read during gameplay.

2- I love your art style =). It kind of looks realtic in a way and gives the characters a very beautiful look. I'm can't give you much advice on the backgrounds, but maybe fairly shaded could be a good option.

3-I wouldn't say you need a solid antagonist. Maybe a guy or girl who might come off like a jerk, but not so much that we would 't dislike them . Then again if you do have one I wouldn't mind. Just seems this would do well without a main bad guy, but rather just a character who could be an ass.

4-Yes. I think those could actually be two different things. Like the mc battles it and tries to get out of it, or escapes it, but might not ever know true happiness. I think the relationships should be important to, but not the main focus as that is in too many VN's.

Anyway, I hope my advice helped a bit. I'm really excited to see what you do with this and hope to see it come to life :D
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

youngin

#20 Post by youngin »

double post, sorry.
Last edited by youngin on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

youngin

#21 Post by youngin »

1. I like them and was surprised to see them drawn so well.

2. I really love your art style! The first thing that stuck me about the background would be having it change (from night to day, for example) based on your mood?

3. I thought the antagonist was the main character? I can see how it would be more natural to have the other character "push" them to how they are now though.

4. Yes.

Looking forward to the release :D I'm invested in seeing what some of the good endings might be in a situation like this.