King Alec [BxB, Action, Drama, Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

King Alec [BxB, Action, Drama, Romance]

#1 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Hello everyone, this is my first post so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. This project has yet to be fully developed and finalized, still early in its planning stages since I'm currently working on another project so it will be something in the future afterwards. Since this was more ambitious, I just wanted opinions on this game, such as how it can be better and what I am doing wrong, if anything. [Yes, this has been inspired by the original King Arthur and the story of Excalibur, as well as the knights of the round table, but it is only the elements, the rest of the story is a twist and far more different and original.]

King Alec
BxB, Action, Drama, Romance
Recommended for ages 17+ (Nothing too picture graphic)
Story
In Great Britain, it is said that whoever manages to pull out the sword Excalibur from out of the stone would become the next true king. Long, agonizing years have passed by and the true king, lost son of Angus Stronghold has yet to make an appearance. Great Britain is now ruled by an evil king who overthrew the great king Angus, a man who has driven the land into poverty and disaster where wars are never ending. Where blood is always shed and peace is only a distant hope for the future. There is a young man by the name of Alec, the answers to all prayers. In order to defeat the evil king Seth and claim what should have been rightfully his, he must gather his desired knights of the round table and execute a plan to destroy the evil king once and for all.
Love Interests
There are originally twelve knights or more of the round table but I don't know if anyone would be willing to draw twelve male sprites so I limited it to a good six. Please note that construction of characters are not final, changes may be made in the future
Sir Logan, also known as Logan McKinley. He is the older brother of Alec, knowledgeable in how the knights in the round table should function due to his own father, appointed as the leader. Logan is reliable and friendly, someone that is easy to depend on because of his brotherly nature though he does like to tease a little.
Sir Xavier, also known as Xavier Langston. He is the a helpful stranger who lent his help in guiding the way, a young man who works as a blacksmith assistant. Xavier is terribly shy and comes off as a coward, finding it hard to stand up for himself.
Sir Cyrus, also known as Cyrus Snyder. He is a strange man in which rumors claim that he was raised by wolves in the wilderness, experienced in traveling all over Great Britain, having a great sense of direction. Cyrus is a quiet man who loves nature and barely knows how to speak in the human language, though kind spirited, and simply interested in humans and the way they live.
Sir Jonah, also known as Jonah Cruz. He is a nobleman, well raised and educated, possessing riches and useful connections. Jonah is usually calm and easygoing, as well as someone who highly enjoys the private company of a man or woman.
Sir Dimitri, also known as Dimitri Warden. He is a clever and calculated man, uninterested with everything and bored with his life that seems to be already planned right out in front of him. Dimitri is a serious man when it all comes down to it, yet laid back at times and nothing but a man with a brooding aura and nonchalant attitude.
Sir Octavius, also known as Octavius Duval. He is a prisoner, locked away from supposedly committing a crime, feared by many and known as one of the most best swordsman there is in Great Britain. Octavius has a lot of pride, someone who is very direct with his thoughts and intentions and also tends to push people away from him.
Non Developed Features
Turn mature content on/off.
Questions if you would like to answer
Does the story sound interesting?
What do you expect from this kind of story?
Which love interest are you most interested in?
Any suggestions or criticisms?
ImageImage

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

Re: King Alec [BxB, Action, Drama, Romance]

#2 Post by Holland »

Absolutely! I'm a huge fan of the King Arthur stories and love that you're pulling inspiration from it :3

I'm looking forward to saucy boys love mixed with a bit of historical accuracy.
I'd also love to see characters of varied ages (can we have just one ojisan? please?)

Cyrus sounds like my kinda guy, but I'm also biased because wolf boys = best boys.

Not enough information for me to criticize, but I do have some suggestions. This is the kind of story that could really benefit by being free of anachronism, so characters wearing clothes and armour true to their location/time/class and such would be a huge plus to those of us who hear "knight" and think "history!" References to events from the stories you're pulling inspiration from could also be a lot of fun for those who know about them.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#3 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

BarabiSama wrote: I'm looking forward to saucy boys love mixed with a bit of historical accuracy.
I'd also love to see characters of varied ages (can we have just one ojisan? please?)

Not enough information for me to criticize, but I do have some suggestions. This is the kind of story that could really benefit by being free of anachronism, so characters wearing clothes and armour true to their location/time/class and such would be a huge plus to those of us who hear "knight" and think "history!" References to events from the stories you're pulling inspiration from could also be a lot of fun for those who know about them.
Few of the boys will definitely be saucy, I hope. I was actually thinking of making Octavius an old man because he is skilled in swordsmanship and would be a great teacher to those in my story who are inexperienced but talented. Of course I will be making sure everything fits the Great Britain/King Arthur time period which I find the hardest part because this means research. Thanks so much for answering these questions! I appreciate it. :)
ImageImage

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

#4 Post by Holland »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Few of the boys will definitely be saucy, I hope. I was actually thinking of making Octavius an old man because he is skilled in swordsmanship and would be a great teacher to those in my story who are inexperienced but talented. Of course I will be making sure everything fits the Great Britain/King Arthur time period which I find the hardest part because this means research. Thanks so much for answering these questions! I appreciate it.
Whoo! That does sound fitting with Octavius now that you mention it. Yeah, research is definitely one of the more frustrating parts of plotting with references, but I personally think it pays off in the end. And no problem :3

chaos

#5 Post by chaos »

well as a patriotic lover of great britain, yes! i love twists and bases on these tales <3

i can't quite say - the plot itself sounds a bit humorous to me, but the characters seem very serious, so to speak. i can't help but imagine it as some sort of battle-style game, with experience gaining and all. that may just be because of the word 'knights' however.

dimitri because that's my real name hahaha

make dimitri saucy :D
jokes aside, i don't really have anything to add! things over here seem at a starting level so there isn't much to criticise upon. i do think the characters all sound unique and distinguishable though, which is a good thing c:
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#6 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

chaos wrote:Does the story sound interesting?
well as a patriotic lover of great britain, yes! i love twists and bases on these tales <3

i can't quite say - the plot itself sounds a bit humorous to me, but the characters seem very serious, so to speak. i can't help but imagine it as some sort of battle-style game, with experience gaining and all. that may just be because of the word 'knights' however.

dimitri because that's my real name hahaha

make dimitri saucy :D
jokes aside, i don't really have anything to add! things over here seem at a starting level so there isn't much to criticise upon. i do think the characters all sound unique and distinguishable though, which is a good thing c:
Thanks for your opinion and I believe Dimitri may be the sauciest one, judging from
his current character :) Hell, they might all have a saucy part, I don't know. I guess saucy guys are in demand, I'll see what I can do. And yes, the plot still needs more seriousness to it.
ImageImage

Michalina
Regular

#7 Post by Michalina »

Yup! I like historical stories. Especially with knights.

Hmm... a lot of plot twists and traps. Also I love when the story contains both sad and funny moments and a lot of action :3

They all seem really interesting, but shy boys are super cute, so Xavier. Also Logan, because I really like characters that have a brotherly attitude ^w^

I'm not really good with these, also I've never made my own game, so I guess none. Suggestions, hmm... it'll be what I said in second point ^3^

Good luck with this game, 'cause it sounds really interesting! I'll keep my eye on this.