Miss Inventor's Happily Ever After [Otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aurehan
Regular

Miss Inventor's Happily Ever After [Otome]

#1 Post by Aurehan »

Miss Inventor has just finished her year-long commission on her proudest invention—K43, an anthropomorphic android made for the manager of an affluent host club. Albeit functioning almost exactly like a human being, there is something that is amiss with K43; He doesn’t know what it means to love??

"What is it like to love someone? Have you ever been in love?"

Luckily, the minor set back goes unnoticed, but the android’s questions prompt Miss Inventor to seek the answers... For the sake of science!!

Characters

Miss Inventor
Blood Type: AB
Aries
Her name is changeable! She is competitive, bull-headed, tends to overthink small decisions and act on huge impulses. She spends a lot of her time in her lab creating things and, as a result, finds that she has a hard time interacting with others. Her hermit-like way of living is well known by the citizens of the nearby town, especially because her mansion can be seen in the distance.

K43 (Kael) Route: 50%
Blood Type: Synthetic A-
Sagittarius
Affectionately nicknamed "Kael," his ignorance of the world is on the bottom of his list of set backs. His curiosity resembles that of a kindergartner. He prefers asking questions and having humans explain things to him or experience events first-hand. He respects Miss Inventor greatly and looks to her for all of his answers. Their relationship resembles that of a mother and son.

Charlene Route: 75%
Blood Type: A
Taurus
The florist working at the plant shop on the edge of town. Miss Inventor frequents the shop, so they've come to "know" each other. That is, acknowledge each other whenever they meet. Miss Inventor is somewhat intimidated by Charlene's height, but prefers her to past florists because of her knowledge and attentiveness. Charlene is seen as somewhat mean by the community, based only by her looks. In reality, she's a comfortable, generous and considerate person.

Igor Route: 50%
Blood Type: O
Libra
He enjoys his job. Miss Inventor's assistant, butler, and wing-man since high school. He's very easy-going and flexible, the opposite of Miss Inventor. However, their differences never proved to be much of a problem before. He has a playful side that comes out every so often and it usually startles Miss Inventor. He is the only other human being living in the mansion, and could easily be called a roommate, if it weren't for his stubbornness to stay the perfect butler. Makes it a point to call the lady of the house "madame," "lady," "milady," etc. at all times.

??? Route: 45%
Blood Type: ???
Pisces

Game Details

- 3 obtainable characters with 2 endings each
- 1 hidden/secret route
- Heroine with changeable name
- (hopefully) 6+ full colored CGs
- freeeEEE !!!1

---

More about the game and idea rambles:

Story wise, the game sort of just drops you right in the middle of things! Right from the start, you immediately have an invention that you have to worry about, and people around you that you may or may not have feelings for. (Depending on which routes you choose, you may already have feelings for the character) None of the obtainable characters are particularly "new" to the MC, so it's fairly easy for her to just speak to them. I found that this was the easiest way to write confession ends without having to worry about making it seem like things were going too fast, if that makes sense? Haha.

It's really just a short, fluffy game about some farts realizing their feelings for each other?? LOL (/v\)

Progress:

Writing: 50%
Art: 10%
UI: 25%
Programming: 50%

Team:

LSF's Commiczar as composer
Aurehan on art, writing, and coding

---

Optional Questions:

What would you expect from this game?
Which character stood out to you the most? Who would you most likely play through first?
How do you feel about the character and interface designs?
Any questions, suggestions or comments?
Last edited by Aurehan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
"The two most important days of your life are
the day you are born, and the day you find out why.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Miss Inventor's First Doki [Otome][GxG/GxB]

#2 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Oh my, the art is so beautiful in here! I would adore an extra character route as well~ There's not much to say since it still seems in the ideas section but I would really want to see what more of your story is about :)
ImageImage

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#3 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sooo pretty and an interesting premise! I like the MC a lot :) Good luck! This reminds me of someone's art but I can't put my finger on it...
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Awwww, Kael's personality is so cute. I wish there was a route that portrayed him as a son to her, hahaha. XD

Anyway... I like the idea of this game! It may be simple, but it's very refreshing, since it sounds new to my ears.

Good luck on your project!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#5 Post by potouto »

I have been waiting for your game's thread <3
It sound super cute! Now i get what you mean by host club u v u ;;
I like Igor most! I'm a sucker for easy-going and gentle type. Kael's relationship with Misss Inventor sounds adorbs ehe Just work hard and try to finish it!!! :> I don't want this to end up like your others projects/ideas :3 Stay awesome!
I wish I have more time to work on mine so both of our games can debut at the same time but school ;_;

Aurehan
Regular

#6 Post by Aurehan »

@LadyOfGatsby: Thank you! <3 I'm glad you're interested! I'd really like an extra character route as well, but.. I'll do what I can hehe.

@Hazel-Bun: Oh, yay! I felt like her personality was the easiest to work with, considering my preferences, but I'll probably have to go back and make her a bit more consistent when I finish the rough draft. xD Thanks for the input! And if it looks like art from the forum, it's because I've posted it before in Dulcet: Radio Suite. I switched accounts! ; v;

@Ran08: Hahaha thank you, I'm glad you think you so!! Actually,
the MC and Kael start off in a mother-son kind of relationship at, which is why I'm not sure if I can even include a romance route for them x'D. I guess I could rework what I've already written. But as it is, I get a strange feeling about letting the MC pursue him hahahA
@Josie: Thank you!! Hahaha I'll also be waiting for your games @u@ Together, we can do it! xD
Though I can only work on this baby in my free time (*cough*before bed*cough*). Like I said before though, it's kind of turned into a therapeutic thing for me to write vuvU
I'm motivated to get it finished, though!
I wish you luck in finishing your own games, missy! It would be nice to release our games at the same time! You might still have time though, the art in this game might take me right into October considering I can't do too much at once haha
1.png
1.png (46.1 KiB) Viewed 4978 times
I've started coding the script into ren'py, so that I don't have to do it later (and also to see the true word count) and surprisingly, it didn't take as long as I thought it would! *phew* The word count is officially at 15,179 and the script is entering potential-hidden-route alley! If I can't get it done before Thursday rolls around, I'll probably scrap it, but hopefully I'll have the time and motivation!

I also have an idea for the choices in the game that I'm not sure if I should use: Instead of having the usual choices (like... "ask him where he's going," "ignore him and go into the kitchen" etc.) maybe have like a choice between two items and have the MC choose one or the other?? I kind of wanted to make imagemap choices where the player can just click on on of two pictures, and the story kind of depend on what she decided to pick up/choose. I mean I guess I could use it for certain choices instead of all... But I'm worried that it won't be received well, considering it's probably more difficult to guess your way to the ending you want and the game is pretty casual... Ahaha sorry for the rambling! That's the end of today's update! Thank you all for the feedback!

Also, if anyone's interested, I'll try to keep the tumblr as up-to-date as possible! Here!
Last edited by Aurehan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Aurehan
Regular

#7 Post by Aurehan »

Have one Chef Igor for this update!
Have one Chef Igor for this update!
2.png (60.83 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
tacky hidden route promo thing
tacky hidden route promo thing
H.png (32.58 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
Whoo! Update! After getting rid of a huge chunk of hidden route script, the word count still managed to go up by 1000+! The extra character is here to stay! xD I guess I never really intended to leave them out, but I'm glad I finished their prologue before Thursday. uvu

If you'd like to spoil yourself and take a look at the character's concept art, here you go! [Chibi Concept] [Bust Sketch]

I rambled a bit more on the dev blog xD
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#8 Post by Googaboga »

This sounds very cute and I love the art. I went ahead and spoiled myself by looking at the mystery character's design. I couldn't handle dealing with such question XD.
He/She is very pretty C:
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#9 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

What a nice way to show updates !
I also spoiled myself with the design of the mystery character but I haven't any regret.
Good luck and keep up the good work =).

Aurehan
Regular

#10 Post by Aurehan »

A shy Charlene appeared!
A shy Charlene appeared!
3.png (62.03 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
@Googaboga: Thank you!! Hehe and thanks for taking a look ;)
@nipaa_kazuma: Thanks!! <3 I thought it might make word count updates just a bit more exciting! xD
I'm glad you both weren't disappointed with the mystery character! x)

Hey!! School is back for most people, so I hope you all are doing well!

Nothing too exciting this week, just a word count update (17,061)! It's slower than I'd like, but it's still progress!! Plus, I've been working out the coding a bit and getting some sprite work in!! I guess I'm just not used to writing so little anymore;;
Kael's sprite sketch is pretty done. It's just one of his poses, but I'd say it reflects his personality better than the initial sketch LOL

I did consider, briefly, making a demo once all the placeholders are complete and coded in--since all of the routes' prologues are complete, and I would like some feedback on the flow/writing, but... I don't know how many people would be willing to play xD Maybe I'll just try recruiting some beta-testers later on instead. haha.. ha

Enjoy your week! :)

Edit: lmao shhh I was never here to attach sketches post-post ok
Attachments
kael_sketch.png
charlene_old.png
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Ina

#11 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurehan
Regular

Re: Miss Inventor's Happily Ever After [Otome]

#12 Post by Aurehan »

a good host is a master of fan service
a good host is a master of fan service
4.png (56.04 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
@Ina: Thank you! I'm glad it caught your attention! :)

I've put the script to the side for this week, just to relax my ideas for a while. Hopefully, when school goes full throttle, I'll still have some juice left in me to finish this. I'm aiming for a December release, give or take two months. This means I have a few more things to show off this week, though!

I've changed the title of the game (permanently). It's still pretty corny, but so is the game. And so am I; I am a corn and proud. Igor's design has changed hair-wise. His face has remained the same, so he shouldn't be too unrecognizable. Other than that, I've started work on the GUI and I've finished sketching out the sprites of all the characters! I'm pretty lazy, so I think it's safe to say I won't be re-vamping them anymore. Though extra poses are still a question. If things work out later with the game though, that's when I'll start thinking about them seriously.

I'd love to get some feedback on the GUI and sprites. I'm really not that great with anatomy or colors, and my GUI game has been off for a while now, so anything like that would be of great help.

more of my ramblings on the dev blog.
Attachments
UI2.png
that space will be filled with something, I just don't know yet
that space will be filled with something, I just don't know yet
sketch.png
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#13 Post by Googaboga »

It all looks so lovely and I think the new name is sweet ^^. Good luck reaching your release goal C:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#14 Post by potouto »

Woahhhh so pink! Your GUI is so sparkly and pink! Look at all that kawaiidesu-ness. The upper top seemed to bright all sudden. I suggest made it more subtle. The logo didn't stand out much under that light too.
Other than that it look very dashing and kewd.

What happened to Igor lol did he use hair gel? Baby Igor looks gentlemanly sexy instead of cute sexy. Why.
Look how fabulous Charlene is. I'm screaming in my mouth right now. She's such a queen. Kael is so short, how could made him that short. How could Miss Inventor made him that short. He's like the baby of the cast. I bet his butts are as cute as his height. If you don't take the question mark off Mr.Mysterious I will draw a tons of fanart with a question mark, uhm Kay?

yeah well | commission | website

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#15 Post by Hazel-Bun »

If your GUI and anatomy game are off, mine's is non-existent lol

GUI wise- It looks really solid in my opinion! I would also make the top half less bright/faded and also maybe use a less harsh color for the green? Something more pastel to fit the overall theme? For the middle empty space you could put your logo :0

Sprite wise- Hmm... something is off about Charlene. Around the head area and lower arm but I can't put my finger on it!

Also afahskek I'm sorry I didn't notice you ;o; We meet again!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.