Miss Inventor's Happily Ever After [Otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aurehan
Regular

Re: Miss Inventor's Happily Ever After [Otome]

#16 Post by Aurehan »

@Googaboga: Thank you for that! I'll do my best!!

@Josie: Lol yes ALL the pink! xD Hmm, you're right about the gradient. I'll make sure to fix it. Thanks!
Wehhhh hahahahahaha I mean he looks more like a butler now, though? LOL Kael's butts x'D I'm glad you like the other designs too ajdhf I would remove the question mark, but... lol what if that literally was his face.. I'm kidding though of course xD His face is linked in the update before this week's though! It just depends on whether or not you want to spoil yourself haha

@Hazel-Bun: Thank you! I agree with you on the green and with Charlene and I'm going to go ahead and rework them because they also bothered me pff And I thought about putting my logo there! But instead I'll have it display Cgs or something as the player unlocks them. If not, maybe hover information for all the main screen buttons or something.. it's still in the works xD
It's alright! Haha nice to see you again! ;]
"The two most important days of your life are
the day you are born, and the day you find out why.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#17 Post by Fenrir34 »

Edit: Sorry...Let me rephrase one of the questions.

This game is definitely something I'd like to play. It's very original and I love the art style. It's new and fresh.

1-Just your creativeness in the game. I always love to see what people create and this is really interesting. I like otome games to, but hope to see a new style in this, which I think you're going to do =)

2-I still like Charlene. Still keeping the reason because she has a generous attitude and likes flowers. Sorry again about that :oops:

3-I love the characters art, and the personalities you gave them. They are interesting, and for some reason this game seems like it's going to be calm.

4-Wanted to point out that the protagonist is likable. She isn't submissive and I like how she's a bit of a hermit XD
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#18 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Fenrir34 wrote:2-Charlene. I like the kind type of guys and he also likes flowers, so that makes him even better XD, and I'd pick his path.
Uh . . . Charlene's a woman.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#19 Post by Fenrir34 »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:2-Charlene. I like the kind type of guys and he also likes flowers, so that makes him even better XD, and I'd pick his path.
Uh . . . Charlene's a woman.
Opps...I must've read the description wrong. It was fast because I'm in class at the moment and am aloud to take notes on my computer. Um....sorry about that... :oops:

Aurehan
Regular

#20 Post by Aurehan »

@Fenrir34: Don't worry, you did nothing wrong! Stuff like that happens I'm guilty of it too. uvu Additionally, thanks for the feedback!! I really appreciate it! I'm trying my best to add my own spin to the genre, but alas it may just be like any other otome game out there. ;; Although the 2

2: I'm glad you liked Charlene! She was actually the first character I wrote out when the game was still supposed to be a completely GxG game and arguably has the most of my love poured into her path. Though it probbly won't show in gameplay too much. c;

3: Calm.. Thank you! I didn't think I wanted to hear that, but I did! Now that I think of it, I suppose it does have somewhat of a mellow pace to it. And thank you for the compliments on the art!

4: Thanks! If you're anything like me and get frustrated with protags and stuff.. you still might get frustrated, but for all together different reasons.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Aurehan
Regular

#21 Post by Aurehan »

High school Igor sent you a love letter pff
High school Igor sent you a love letter pff
5.png (79.18 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
Excitingly, Commiczar has joined the project as a composer! If you'd like to listen to some of his stuff, this is his SoundCloud! What he's come up with so far sounds real nice and I'm excited to hear more from him.

Finally managed to get the script up to 18,322! My goal was to hit at least 18k (which is marked by an event with one of the cuties). I've put aside the idea of releasing a demo, and instead started thinking about scouring for some alpha/beta testers or something before the release instead. I'm not actually a writer, so I'm a bit worried that my characters might be coming off flat, despite my efforts to keep them unique and interesting.. I'll just keep winging it for now, but I'll definitely be looking for people who can give me feedback later.

And lastly, the GUI that gave me so much handache is finally working. I tried changing the accent green-ish color into a more pastel green. Hopefully, it looks better! I've worked on other GUI assets as well, but I don't want to show too much in case I end up changing everything completely.

This gif is pretty choppy in quality but I wanted to show the title animation. Is it too distracting? Should I just keep it as a stationary image? Or maybe it's not the right kind of animation?
"
[♦] Mark Twain

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#22 Post by potouto »

Woahhh congratulation with reaching the word goal *applauded* WHAT'S WITH YOU AND IGOR'S HAIR.
Okay, deep breath. Ain't gonna talk about this anymore. I found your composer's music quite enjoyable. Congrats on that too.
Oh man, the GUI man. You don't have to remind me how much of a handache it is. I just jumped on and off with my GUI wanting simplicity yet cuteness. I don't know if we talk about this before but the color for Miss Inventor still blend in compare the lighter color. That's just my opinion from a phone.
Not really distracting for the animation. I couldn't even notice it was moving at first. So it's safe to say the animation is okay.
And if you need to a beta-tester, you know who to tap, or punch. Or kick. Or any interaction can catch my attention. Which is pretty much everything. I'm only request for Kael's butts. I'm sure it will turn out great. Gotta be positive man.

yeah well | commission | website

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#23 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I agree it's still a little light ;; Maybe shift all the text down so that it's on the darker pink? The green and even bits of the pink in the title is still getting washed out by the white. Also, the animation looks non-intrusive and easy on the eyes even for a person like me :D (I can't look at heavily animated things tooo long myself).

Also, yeah for original music <3 And, good job exceeding your goal too!! I feel the same way when i do art as I don't consider myself an artist first and foremost ;; The composition and colors will be off, it looks strange, etc. etc. But, as long as you get some good editors and testers to give you feed back, I'm sure it'll be alright! Just be open to constructive criticisms, and I stress the constructive part, and you'll see your work improve ( o v o )/

High school Igor. . . *quietly dies as her heart doki doki's out of control* Can't wait :DDDD
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Commiczar

#24 Post by Commiczar »

Hello everyone!

I'm very much excited to be a part of this, even if it is my first time working with somebody else, and cannot wait to see (and be a part of!) the end result!

So far, we've got two tentative pieces mostly prepared (allowing that there might be some revisions as feedback dictates, of course!), and at the moment two more where I've got rough ideas about how to go about them. At the moment, I'm aiming to just get the basics done, but if those go smoothly I'll definitely be looking into expanding things!

As long as I'm here, and part of the team--any questions, comments, or concerns for me?