After The First Life [VN][Psych|Thriller]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]
Tumblr: eeveetron
Deviantart: eeveetron
itch: eeveetron

After The First Life [VN][Psych|Thriller]

#1 Post by eeveetron »

"After The First Life"
Visual Novel / Psychological / Thriller

"Who am i? What is this place?"
"Am i dreaming, or is this reality?"
"Someone... save me..."

Synopsis
An adolescent girl gained consciousness in a burnt neighborhood and no one was around
as if she was the last human being on earth. She believed everything to be a dream, and if
she wakes up, she can go back to what she thinks is reality. Except when a black cat
appeared next to her, she wasn't alone anymore. Little did she know that following the black
cat - the only living being besides herself - was a sign of danger...

Akito Takanashi, the teenage boy who has a crush on the female protagonist, Shizuka
Fujiwara, desperately wants her love, which he never had in return. He thought of several
ways to make her love him back, but his last resort was on the illegal drug: "divine sugar."
If she consumes the drug, her entire view of the world changes... and it does. She is now
curious about the world, even herself. But after Shizuka is under the influence of "divine
sugar," will she really fall in love or...?

Amnesia / False Awakenings / Drug Abuse / Psychopathy

Characters
??? / SHIZUKA FUJIWARA - Will she remember who she is?
"This has to be a dream."
She may accept her "dreams," but she doesn't approve of her real life.

AKITO TAKANASHI - Is he a lover, friend, or...?
"No one understands how much i love you!"
He may love strongly, but his intense emotions are unacceptable.

BLACK CAT / KUROKI - A bad omen or good luck?
"The cat is my only friend in this deserted city."
It may look like it's helping, but following it will lead to massacre.

OTHERS - ???
TBA

Progress
  • Concept: 90%
  • Writing: 5%
  • Script: 1%
  • Art: 10%
  • GUI: 20%
  • All: ???%
Soooo, ABOUT this story/progress!
I might change up the synposis a bit later. I'm still having some trouble with just figuring out
some scenes but I got the concept kind of~!!
SO BASICALLY. It's drug abuse, or more like, drugging a girl and then...!! SOMETHING HAPPENS
Like, hallucinations, false post-apocalyptic, false awakenings, psychopathy, amnesia,
ANIMALS turning into HUMANS! maybe. AND more...!

And some QUESTIONS!?
  • What do you think of the characters by the little amount of description I wrote?
  • Should I add more characters?
  • What do you think of the story/concept so far?
  • Are you fine with death throughout the game?
Anyway, some feedback and honest critique would be nice! :)
Okay! That's all! More to come...

Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: After The First Life [VN][Psych|Thriller]

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

This game looks good. I like thriller stories :mrgreen: . My only concern is that I know the program that makes these characters and it doesn't run on mac, so is this game only going to be for windows? Even if it is, I think you've got the grounds of an interesting game :)

1) I don't know much about them, but that's not a bad thing. I like cat/Kuroki the most because he may not be as good as he comes off as. Don't Akito much. Very creepy :shock: ...

2) That really depends on if the story needs it. If it works with three then just keep three. If you can make more and they have something to do with the story then maybe add some more. All up to you

3) Pretty interesting. I kind of want to know what this drug is and if she can find reality again

4) It's something sad, but if the story is good, I don't mind :)

eeveetron
Completed: Eevee and Kyoko, Odd Love Test [30daydev], Deathly Escape [SCREAMWORLD]
Tumblr: eeveetron
Deviantart: eeveetron
itch: eeveetron

Re: After The First Life [VN][Psych|Thriller]

#3 Post by eeveetron »

Fenrir34 wrote:This game looks good. I like thriller stories :mrgreen: . My only concern is that I know the program that makes these characters and it doesn't run on mac, so is this game only going to be for windows? Even if it is, I think you've got the grounds of an interesting game :)
ComiPo! doesn't have it for mac? i thought they did xD but this game i'm planning to have for all platforms. i export the images into .png and .jpg files so yes its fine, the game will still work on mac.
and thanks a lot! i also like thrillers :D or just weird stuff sometimes xD lolz
1) I don't know much about them, but that's not a bad thing. I like cat/Kuroki the most because he may not be as good as he comes off as. Don't Akito much. Very creepy :shock: ...

2) That really depends on if the story needs it. If it works with three then just keep three. If you can make more and they have something to do with the story then maybe add some more. All up to you

3) Pretty interesting. I kind of want to know what this drug is and if she can find reality again

4) It's something sad, but if the story is good, I don't mind :)
1. i do believe too that akito is... just really weird. LOL of course its intentional. i also like kuroki haha i'm planning to make his relationship with the protagonist a little deeper than just a cat x)
2. yea i might just work on the three for now *cant think of any other char*
3. ill hope to get into more detail with the drug. i actually based it (sort of) off a drug that exists already: pcp/angel dust
4. okay thats good xD i guess it might be sad but maybe at the same time, creepy
Games
Visit my Itch.io homepage
Eevee and Kyoko

Other links
Deviantart
Twitter