Buyan [Paranormal] [Horror] [Political] [RPG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Suika
Regular

Re: Buyan [Paranormal] [Horror] [Political] [RPG]

#16 Post by Suika »

Tatty wrote: My intention from the beginning was to have this be a design doc, or rather a collection of them. I'm increasingly seeing the limitations of having it be on a forum proper, ahaha - given that I'll probably be playing around with migration tomorrow (as it's a holiday from work for me), do you have any other suggestions? Keep in mind that, due to the sort of person I am, I may simply decide to go for one and run off on blindly ahead... :P
Haha. I noticed that it looks like content for a design doc. I usually keep three design documents: one for my ideas - everything from the scenes I see in my head, to random characters I think of in the middle of the night, to really bad ideas that never make it to production go in here; one for everything that makes it past the idea document - all the nitty-gritty details keep their peace here. All of the wide expansive backstories and lore x); and a final document that summarize every section of my second document in short little snippets.

I find it best to show others the third document, as it's easier to get behind :p
Tatty wrote: Done and dusted, but never ignored - you made a very valid point, I just hate the idea of doing something I love for money. I do have a funky kind of logic behind that madness, but trust me when I say that I'm much more interested in getting the project done then finding a focus audience. ;)
I hear you. Designing for fun and for work are two different experiences. The former is more enjoyable ;)
Tatty wrote: For one, I must commend you on your innovative approach to resource-accrual in the face of tragedy. I sincerely hope you'll get along with some of the demon allies I've got planned here... :D
They'll become my precious little slaves valued partners :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tatty wrote: Regarding the "raze and rebuild route" it's interesting that you'd feel inclined to go that route first. Do you mind if I ask you why? Because you feel it'll be the best in the long term, because you feel more empathy with even hints of demons then humanity, because why not, because you've always wanted to carve out your own petty-fiefdom supported by demonic retainers..? ;P
It seems the most appropriate in this situation. Plus CN characters never fail to be entertaining ^^;
Tatty wrote:To everyone, though I may have plucked a solution out of the aether by the time I respond, do you have a particular preference for what I'll migrate the bulk of all the topics here to? I'm tempted to roll with SpiderOak at the moment, and use SoundCloud for music samples, probably. Similarly, should I only update the thread with big news, simply edit it to mention changes for those interested, etc? I'm hoping that by next week, this'll be pretty enough to not be too terribly frightening... ;P
Regarding the bulk of lore and detailed design, it might be best displayed on a website. If you're looking to just host a file though, I don't think it matters - any host is fine. I'll still read it ^.^

As for this thread, I personally enjoy seeing small bits of content and updates. Something to wet my lips before I see the big-wall-o-text