Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Fujihime
Regular
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter

Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#1 Post by Fujihime »

After going through the initial storyline and asking around, we have concluded that we are changing the story while maintaining some of the characters. Below, we are listing down an entirely new storyline and castings. Hope you all will like it :D
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Setting & Timeline: Retrofuturism + Oriental culture
Summary: As a gangster cat of a clan, Pastel leads her furry friends to steal food from restaurants every night. They are a notorious gang that even the police force fears. Until one day, Pastel's best friend was captured as a bait to lure her and to destroy the gang totally. She managed to save him and also be saved during a few incidents throughout the night by a few good souls. At the end of the day, she told her friends that the gang is disbanded, for fear that it will endanger their lives. But deep in her heart, she wished that she would become human so that she will not be bullied again and earn the food that she loved so much. She was given a chance to transform into human with a condition. And from there, she learns the way of living as a human with the support of the people around her.

Characters
Protagonist (player's input)
The protagonist is a strong-willed female cat who put others before herself. She is a justice lover and is loved by her clan. She is also a connoisseur.

Sirius
Sirius saved the protagonist from a car accident while being chased by the authority. He is a medical practitioner and has his own clinic. Although he seems to have a good heart, he is actually harsh in daily human interaction.

Yoshino
Yoshino is the fierce guy from the bath house. He is a filial child who is spoilt by his grandparents. His kept his strong external demeanour so that he can protect his family.

Cassian
Cassian is a courtesan who took fancy to the protagonist in cat form. He is a well-known courtesan in the whole of Kyotokyo. While he has a beautiful exterior, he is not one to be bullied. He also made a number of enemies due to his popularity and power.

Kofuji
Kofuji is a new member of the police force who is constantly fighting his conscience during his line of work. Hence, he always has an 'emo' look on him. He also does not mix well with his fellow colleagues and is considered a lone wolf.

Kale
Ryuichi is a ramen chef at the hideout. He is loud but hardworking and knows how to carry himself. He is also a compassionate person. He seems to have a mysterious background which he does not like to talk about.

Some background about the project and us
We are growing in members! The staple members are the writer(me!) and the programmer. We have also recruited a long term editor and also a foreign language translator in addition to a famous illustrator and 3D artist.

For now, we are progressing slowly but surely. Due to my personal life commitment, we could not progress as fast as we hoped for but from end of January onwards, we will put things in full speed to release the demo. We will release the demo once the progress is about 20% done. We hope to get the game crowd funded when the demo is ready *fingers crossed*! We also aim to commercially release the game in early Q2 2015.

Sample Images
ImageImage

Progress
Story Outline - 100% (ready for demo)
Script - 10% (ready for demo)
Backgrounds - 15%
Character Design - 10%
Sprites - 0%
GUI - 5%
Coding - 20% (ready for demo)
There will be some easter eggs if time and resources permits!

1. Did the concept and summary intrigue you to play the game?
2. Do you like the art style?
3. Would you play this game on mobile platform? What is your preferred platform?
4. Any general feedback or encouragement is appreciated.
Last edited by Fujihime on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

Re: To Nippon With Love [Slice of Life | Romance | Josei]

#2 Post by daijinahito »

I love that you're planning an FF doujin game, but it wasn't clear that that's what it was until I got to the character images. Might want to add to the thread's title "FF Doujin Game" or something of that nature, then more of the right people might actually find this thread. : D

Fujihime
Regular

#3 Post by Fujihime »

daijinahito wrote:I love that you're planning an FF doujin game, but it wasn't clear that that's what it was until I got to the character images. Might want to add to the thread's title "FF Doujin Game" or something of that nature, then more of the right people might actually find this thread. : D
Thanks for your reply but the story is really not about FF. The FF artwork is just a preview of the artist's work style. The story is about a girl on a trip to Tokyo.
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr

TheChris
Regular
Projects: Stickshooter
Deviantart: innocencecanceller

#4 Post by TheChris »

I think your story idea has a lot of potential. Is she looking for a partner or is it something that will just kind of happen. It might be interesting if you made her afraid to trust anyone because of her firm's betrayal.

Erikka
Regular

#5 Post by Erikka »

Looks really good. I liked the art style! But I'm not sure I like the idea of playing it on mobile platform. I'd rather play it on PC. I hope you will proceed with this project! The bachelors are very hot!
Last edited by Erikka on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

raistlintg
Regular
Projects: Silver (VN)

#6 Post by raistlintg »

1. Did the concept and synopsis intrigue you to play the game?
Yes !!
The MC is especially interesting.

2. Do you like the art style?
It's not my favorite style but it's very well-done so you can't not like it :wink:

3. Would you play this game on mobile platform?
No, I don't like that.

Very curious to see the next update !

Fujihime
Regular

Re: Purrfectly Ever After [Fantasy | Romance | Adventure]

#7 Post by Fujihime »

Thanks all for your feedback but we have changed the entire direction of the game and revamped quite a lot of things.
Please see 1st post for the changes!

We hope to have your comments again in the WIP section!
An otome game about a burglar cat who wish to become human to earn an honest living.
Kickstarter | Steam Greenlight | Tumblr