Red Ties [Slice of Life | BL | Psychological] w/demo

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
HidekiKun
Projects: Red Ties
Tumblr: hideki-husbando
Deviantart: vissnande
Soundcloud: Cicinee

Red Ties [Slice of Life | BL | Psychological] w/demo

#1 Post by HidekiKun »

Genre: Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, Psychological
Warnings: Potential sexual themes in the future, BxB, abusive relationships, violence, potential triggering topics
People build up walls. Not the physical kind, but emotional, walls designed to force away pain that has hurt and ruined you. Walls that sometimes
make a well for that negative emotions to build and gather. People on the outside have clawed at those walls while you huddled away, drowning within
your own past and pain. But sometimes all it take is that one person, to dig, claw, tear and push against one spot--

...before everything comes crashing down on you.

It's funny how much one year can change a person, simply from an event, or from someone else doing something. Of course, the change may not always be good
but on the other hand it isn't always bad either. Let me tell you about the year after I finished high school, when life was reaching that point where it just... didn't
seem all that interesting anymore. Come, come sit... I'll promise you that it's story of highs and lows like you have no heard of yet.
UPDATES:
27/10/14 - Added the first of the bad endings, the script is still being reworked and added onto.
01/11/14 - A demo of the game is out and able to be downloaded at this location. There's finally a starting screen! The two branching paths are still being worked on, but blocks to keep people from scrolling back have been implemented.

Name: Hideki Hamasaki
Height: 6'4"
Personality: Hideki can often come off as someone that's uncaring, or antisocial, sometimes with a short temper and a sharp tongue. Despite the initial negative impression he can first give off, he's the type of person to protect and to be loyal to a close friend, someone who when you're upset, he'd wind an arm around you and drag you off to buy ice cream with a wide smile. Despite it so, there's weight that he carries on his shoulder that he's not yet sure of how to remove-- if its even possible.

Name: Raiden Lemarchal
Height: 5'9"
Personality: Raiden is naturally quiet and stoic, rather introverted. He tends to stick to himself or one person normally, finding a hard time being in a group of people. He is a hard person to get to know, simply because of how he'd rather keep himself detached from others. He is also rather blunt, not afraid to say what is on his mind or how he feels about something.

Name: James King (Jirou King)
Height: 6'5"
Personality: Owner of the cafe Hideki works at-- and his uncle. James is like the cool uncle you wish people had, the type which people feel comfortable around due to his caring nature and soft-spoken tone. Apparently he also has some connections in the music business, since he always seems to have cool albums before other people do.

... plus a lot more characters that will appear.

Author's Note:
This is more of a personal one-man project that I've undertaken as sort of... a fun (and time-consuming) way to document over a year of roleplaying with people on tumblr and the development of my character-- yay, go me... there is a demo made, but the story isn't fleshed out and the dialogue isn't all of what I would like it to be.

I am curious though, to ask you guys... the storyline is set out, but I want to make it interesting, for it to not just be a kinetic novel, so I'm thinking of having bad endings, branching routes that return to the main story, and a relationship system. It's also hard because there is no real "ending" to the story, considering I'm still roleplaying right now with my character!

Maybe even add some puzzles...

But want to know what your opinion is, I'm on the fence with either continuing this project, or scrapping it. That's why I put it in the idea section. :(

//awkward noob noises in the distance//
I will be glad to answer any questions if I wasn't clear in an area and such.
Last edited by HidekiKun on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

Re: Red Ties [Slice of Life | Drama | Romance | Psychologica

#2 Post by 78909087 »

I would be more than happy to perhaps establish email correspondence and see how things develop.
The idea behind this game sits very comfortably with me, because I'm familiar with it all.
Queue evil laugh that turns into strangled sobs
I, myself, am creating a single project (though I have no artistic skill) and I would be glad to read over your ideas and give feedback where and when you want it. (Probably even if you don't want it...)

Always willing to help out.

PM me if you're interested :P
I am not friends with the sun.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#3 Post by pocoscon »

Oh please don't scrap this. Too many games get scrapped on here and it's sad because so many have gotten my attention, this being one of them. I will definitely play this game if you get it out. I love BxB, and this one has some interesting themes going on. I'm kind of wondering though, does the abusive relationship happen in the story as we play with a certain character?

Also, the art for this game is really good =). I think the only thing that is a tad off are the lips, They seem a bit too curved in the middle, but that might just be me.

If your need any help for ideas,writing or really anything, you could always get some help. I really think you should keep with this even if it might take some time. I really like the idea you've got going on here and we do need more BL in Visual Novels.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

HidekiKun

#4 Post by HidekiKun »

@pocoscon

I don't want to scrap it, it's more worrying that school will decide to consume my motivation for it... but I really do want to have it finished one day. As for the abusive relationship, the whole game is from the perspective of one character (Hideki), so the abusive relationship will happen regardless. :o I'm not spoiling who's in it though. c;

And thank you, yeah I've noticed the lips too are a little curved at the middle... still playing around with styles, so I may change and fix that.

I will keep that in mind, I just need right now to work on the script itself, since I have a first part set out that I want to get done, with branching routes and one bad ending. ;v;
--------------------------------------
In plague we trust.
Pixel by Kyrislian!

pocoscon
Regular

#5 Post by pocoscon »

HidekiKun wrote:@pocoscon

I don't want to scrap it, it's more worrying that school will decide to consume my motivation for it... but I really do want to have it finished one day. As for the abusive relationship, the whole game is from the perspective of one character (Hideki), so the abusive relationship will happen regardless. :o I'm not spoiling who's in it though. c;

And thank you, yeah I've noticed the lips too are a little curved at the middle... still playing around with styles, so I may change and fix that.

I will keep that in mind, I just need right now to work on the script itself, since I have a first part set out that I want to get done, with branching routes and one bad ending. ;v;
Cool. I'm glad to hear you say that :) . And I know what you mean. School can make one lose motivation when it comes to things like Visual Novel :( .

And np =). It's nothing major and the art is really good. You've given every character so far their own look.

And I won't lie that I hate branching ;_;. It can be very tedious and hard to code depending on how you do it But hey, once it's done, very rewarding in the end :mrgreen:
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

HidekiKun

#6 Post by HidekiKun »

pocoscon wrote:Cool. I'm glad to hear you say that :) . And I know what you mean. School can make one lose motivation when it comes to things like Visual Novel :( .

And np =). It's nothing major and the art is really good. You've given every character so far their own look.

And I won't lie that I hate branching ;_;. It can be very tedious and hard to code depending on how you do it But hey, once it's done, very rewarding in the end :mrgreen:
Yeah-- But I'm trying to push through it regardless; tonight is gonna be my working night. : o Worth losing a bit of sleep for the game, to be honest.

Again, thank you so much-- it means a lot to hear that. ;v;

It is rewarding, I haven't yet gotten to that part yet in the VN because I reached a roadblock and was like: "well whoop-di-doo, how do I get from this point to that point?"
In plague we trust.
Pixel by Kyrislian!

pocoscon
Regular

#7 Post by pocoscon »

HidekiKun wrote:
pocoscon wrote:Cool. I'm glad to hear you say that :) . And I know what you mean. School can make one lose motivation when it comes to things like Visual Novel :( .

Yeah-- But I'm trying to push through it regardless; tonight is gonna be my working night. : o Worth losing a bit of sleep for the game, to be honest.

Again, thank you so much-- it means a lot to hear that. ;v;

It is rewarding, I haven't yet gotten to that part yet in the VN because I reached a roadblock and was like: "well whoop-di-doo, how do I get from this point to that point?"
I do that to sometimes with writing. Stay up late, but it's always a school night. It's worth it though because I love writing so much.

And np :) .

And do you mean like getting what you want written down? I'm having that problem actually and with one of the choices, the writing just isn't flowing and I can't transition it to the main path of the story ;_;.

If you mean coding, if it's basic, I could help you out. I've been practicing a lot with an old game I'm doing

HidekiKun

#8 Post by HidekiKun »

I know-- it never seems to happen on a weekend. B/ When there is time to do stuff.

No, it's writing wise that I'm stuck on, same way you are as well, except it's main story to a choice. ;-;
Though it seems a little awkward and out of place, it did occur in the roleplays, I'm just stuck getting to that point.
In plague we trust.
Pixel by Kyrislian!

HidekiKun

#9 Post by HidekiKun »

Huzzah huzzah for a new character sprite-- I am really out of shape with drawings girls. :/
Attachments
saki_neutral.png
In plague we trust.
Pixel by Kyrislian!

pocoscon
Regular

#10 Post by pocoscon »

Oh I see. I understand that to, but it happens to me all over the place ;_;. It'll come to you though. Just might take a while.

And I like the girl sprite =). She's pretty and her eyes are done very well.

HidekiKun

Re: Red Ties [Slice of Life | BL | Psychological] w/demo

#11 Post by HidekiKun »

Thank you, but I might redo her. uou

Her proportions just seems quite off to me, I honestly don't have experience anymore with drawing girls. ;_;
In plague we trust.
Pixel by Kyrislian!