Mask [si-fi][romance][historical][tragedy][physiological]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TPPyro
Projects: Mask[wip],

Mask [si-fi][romance][historical][tragedy][physiological]

#1 Post by TPPyro »

Note: the title is WIP so it is subject to change also the reason for the many genres is because there will be 3 routes you can take in the very beginning of the game. I plan to spend a long time with this project and I know I should not tackle such a big project on my first try but I have been woking on this for over 2 years well story wise on one route.
Also I would like to point out I am studying up on the python coding its simple to understand but a bit complexed to use so i know some basic coding and how to make labels jump and such. Now with out further a due heres the basic premiss of my story

Imagine being trapped in a very dark room for a very long time, not remembering who you are and why you are in here. The only thing you know is that you are not human and you are all alone. Every time you go to sleep you relive the last minutes of a persons past life and you feel how it is to die over and over again. You hear the walls that surround you laughing and mocking you. It's enough to drive anyone insane. But then one day you some how managed to get out, the first people to greet you don't like you very much, they try and force you back in to the dark room but you snap and start killing everyone who try and lay a finger on you. while you are killing left and right the rest of them escape to different world for refuge. This is the part where the story it can split in to 3 very different stories

1. set in 6 dynasty era (past) [10%]
lots of supernatural stuff, war for land, monarchy,
2. set in a modern day (present)[60%]
dictatorship,bio weapons, rebellion, war, change
{
cannon route*
]
3. set in a dark and gritty neon city were there is only rain and neon light(future)[1%]
free will, what it means to be human, perfection.

this route you become a demon animal you don't really ever speak in this route. you do go around in the middle of a lot of wars for land, you make a name for yourself because of how you strike fear into any soldier that comes across you. you are not the only demon in this route this era is full of them but they are nothing compared to you. So they try and kill you to gain your powers. you are also faced with exorcists who want to either kill or capture demons, the exorcists are an elite group who help their side of the war with strong demons. (Pokemon basically lol)though you never got caught there was one exorcist that savourily injured you trying to catch you though you have escaped you ran in to a alley were you hid there is were a young assassin and exorcist in training found you.
this story is almost done thus it would have been very long if i had posted it here but all I have to say is the reason its at 60% is because I have a lot of plot holes I have to patch I will post this routes premiss later
This route you are a cybernetic virus in a dark city were the only light comes from the neon that covers it it always rains.
extra: I am planing to make an extra chapter to explain the main characters true origins
PS: some of these route may or may not connect events to other projects story lines in them but thats a totally different group of projects in my giant note book.

Character Design:1%
Background:0%
Script:.1%
Story:60.03%
UI:0%

If there are any questions please ask away and if you have any suggestions please share anything that will help in my story
Attachments
placeholder220141030.pdf
here is an extremely early concept drawing for the main protagonist yes he is the "good guy"
(276.53 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
placeholder120141030.pdf
here is a very early concept drawing of one of the love interests. Her name for now is Red
(287.29 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

Re: Mask [si-fi][romance][historical][tragedy][physiological

#2 Post by 78909087 »

Good job starting this project. I'm extremely sick right now so excuse any lack of coherency.

I think this sounds rather interesting, though I immediately thought of Elfen Lied (an anime- rather gory and explicit) when you spoke about the room, and the inevitable escape. (Though, she knew who and what she was at the time, she was forced through tests and tortured thoroughly.)

Anyway- my question is, how much of a visual novel is this?
As of now, it sounds more like a visual novel for the first few minutes, which slips into a kinetic novel.
How much choice will the reader have with the way their character is portrayed?

A good idea (because I have a habit of getting caught up in other peoples projects and giving unwanted advice) is maybe a route where the main character becomes the villain in this brave new world (excuse the misquote).
I feel there aren't enough games that do that- that allow us to see that this individual we've guided and become close to is actually doing something wrong, especially if it seemed right.
Also- a way to get replies is to ask a question from 'us'- a collective term for all the reviewers here- rather than just posting up your ideas and having someone me ramble on and annoy you.

Also- rather than creating a new chapter explaining the origins- why not imbed it into the story?
Give the reader incentive to choose that 'bad idea'- because it reminds them of their past, or because it 'calls' to them.
Reward the viewer with strange, short snippets of a past life- altering between good and bad.
Make them question what is happened, what is happening, and what is to come.

Build interest, and the relationship between the character and the reader, and you're set.

Sorry for blathering on. Feel free to request that I reply sometime.
I am not friends with the sun.

TPPyro
Projects: Mask[wip],

#3 Post by TPPyro »

78909087 wrote:Good job starting this project. I'm extremely sick right now so excuse any lack of coherency.

I think this sounds rather interesting, though I immediately thought of Elfen Lied (an anime- rather gory and explicit) when you spoke about the room, and the inevitable escape. (Though, she knew who and what she was at the time, she was forced through tests and tortured thoroughly.)

Anyway- my question is, how much of a visual novel is this?
As of now, it sounds more like a visual novel for the first few minutes, which slips into a kinetic novel.
How much choice will the reader have with the way their character is portrayed?

A good idea (because I have a habit of getting caught up in other peoples projects and giving unwanted advice) is maybe a route where the main character becomes the villain in this brave new world (excuse the misquote).
I feel there aren't enough games that do that- that allow us to see that this individual we've guided and become close to is actually doing something wrong, especially if it seemed right.
Also- a way to get replies is to ask a question from 'us'- a collective term for all the reviewers here- rather than just posting up your ideas and having someone me ramble on and annoy you.

Also- rather than creating a new chapter explaining the origins- why not imbed it into the story?
Give the reader incentive to choose that 'bad idea'- because it reminds them of their past, or because it 'calls' to them.
Reward the viewer with strange, short snippets of a past life- altering between good and bad.
Make them question what is happened, what is happening, and what is to come.

Build interest, and the relationship between the character and the reader, and you're set.

Sorry for blathering on. Feel free to request that I reply sometime.
there will be an extreme ton of choices I forgot to mention that there will be choices of good and bad and will change the story, in many different ways. Hell you can even kill off your love interest(s) at certain points in the story. As for the extra chapter i chose to do this because the main character will not be the same one from the main story, I want it to just be a bonus for those who get the "true ending". for the past snippets I don't think it will be possible because of "what" the main character is in the beginning I really don't want to spoil it. About the what will happen and the rest I have already have planned out the main plots of almost each branch. there will be foreshadowing of whats to come. my greatest challenge besides the character design was and still is building relationships for characters but I'm working hard for proper back story. and thanks for the reply it really helps a lot.

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#4 Post by PaupauSenpai »

This is a really cool idea! I like it a lot! Can't wait to see more! ^^
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here