Kiss and Tell [Romance][School Life][GxB][Otome]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

Re: Kiss and Tell [Romance][School Life][GxB][Otome]

#16 Post by Sayumi101 »

PaupauSenpai wrote:Uwa! Uber cute! I love the story, I can relate to it well >w< The characters seem very interesting-- the two guys contrast very well. And this mysterious 'music room incident' makes me want to find out what it is~!! I will totally be keeping an eye on this VN!

I tried to make the guys as different as possible so I'm glad that they contrast well. ^^ It's still pretty typical so I hope that it's end up an entertaining ride, at least. About the 'incident', I didn't elaborate because I generally don't like it when manga give off almost the entire part of their story through the synopsis.... (maybe my doing that wasn't a good thing, but couldn't help it)
Also I'm generally glad that the sprites seem nicely received even though they aren't that perfect.
Thank you so much for your very kind words. ^O^
ImageImageImage

Sayumi101
Veteran

#17 Post by Sayumi101 »

Laera-chan wrote:This looks adorable. Can't wait for this to come out!
1. I've seen some great sprites, and some... unfortunate looking ones. These are definitely very well drawn. (if Ayane's kissy face is the one used as your avatar, I'll admit, I find it hilariously adorable too, btw)
2. School theme is good. I don't have a prejudice for or against school theme games, so... Yeah.
3. I think they sound good! Would be pretty cute if you find out at some point that Atari has had a crush on her for *insert-random-length-of-time-here*... Though that may be a bit cliche. But I like cliches if they're well-done!
4. Yes, if there were no CG's I'd still play it, but I admit, I love CG's, and Galleries. (frequently looks through galleries of previously played games just to look at the pretty pictures again //shot). Though you said you were gonna make CG's, so... are you going to do a Gallery? *hope hope hope hope hope*

Anyways, here's to waiting anxiously for the release!
Aw, thank you. And yes, guilty is charges, the kissy face is currently my avatar >.<
That's what I'm hoping too. For me as a person it's super hard for me to avoid cliche's when writing. Expect some, which may or may not be along the lines of what you suggested *wink wink* Can't say too much or they'll be spoilers (?)
As for the CGs, they take a painfully long time to line(for someone as slow and inexperienced as me..) So there'll be only 4/5 at the most. And yes, there will be a gallery! Even though I haven't coded it yet. ^^
Thank you so much for your support :)
ImageImageImage

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#18 Post by Laera-chan »

Sayumi101 wrote:
Aw, thank you. And yes, guilty is charges, the kissy face is currently my avatar >.<
That's what I'm hoping too. For me as a person it's super hard for me to avoid cliche's when writing. Expect some, which may or may not be along the lines of what you suggested *wink wink* Can't say too much or they'll be spoilers (?)
As for the CGs, they take a painfully long time to line(for someone as slow and inexperienced as me..) So there'll be only 4/5 at the most. And yes, there will be a gallery! Even though I haven't coded it yet. ^^
Thank you so much for your support :)
You're welcome! And yeah, it's adorable. Some cliche's are alright, as long as it's not like, 'bambambambamBAM!' with them. But yay for potential almost spoilers! :lol: And only a few is alright! I won't push for lots of them. If there's only one per route, I'm alright with that, though I'm sure we'd all love more if you're willing! And woot for the gallery! :D :D :D I will support the bejeezes out of this game! Let me know if I can do anything to help! Even if it's just listening to you gripe about the lines for the CGs, or whatever. :wink:

Sayumi101
Veteran

#19 Post by Sayumi101 »

Laera-chan wrote:
Sayumi101 wrote: You're welcome! And yeah, it's adorable. Some cliche's are alright, as long as it's not like, 'bambambambamBAM!' with them. But yay for potential almost spoilers! :lol: And only a few is alright! I won't push for lots of them. If there's only one per route, I'm alright with that, though I'm sure we'd all love more if you're willing! And woot for the gallery! :D :D :D I will support the bejeezes out of this game! Let me know if I can do anything to help! Even if it's just listening to you gripe about the lines for the CGs, or whatever. :wink:
Oh, I know the 'bambambambamBAM!' feeling. I get that while reading most shoujo nowadays and I'll try real hard not be like that (remains to be seen how that'll work out)And yes, the frequency would be 1/2 per route. Since there's only two guys maybe I'll try adding more since I'm already releasing another game without CGs, so gotta evolve, huh? XD
Thank you again for the support not to mention, the offer to help even by hearing my complaints. That means a lot :')
ImageImageImage

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer

#20 Post by Laera-chan »

Sayumi101 wrote: Oh, I know the 'bambambambamBAM!' feeling. I get that while reading most shoujo nowadays and I'll try real hard not be like that (remains to be seen how that'll work out)And yes, the frequency would be 1/2 per route. Since there's only two guys maybe I'll try adding more since I'm already releasing another game without CGs, so gotta evolve, huh? XD
Thank you again for the support not to mention, the offer to help even by hearing my complaints. That means a lot :')
Oh, definitely. Some is cute, too much is just annoying. But anyways, yay! Evolving is good. *imagines Eevee**is a pokemon fan* //shot
And you're most welcome!

Sayumi101
Veteran

#21 Post by Sayumi101 »

Just popped in to share news about the new logo! (credits: Atomic-Invasion)

What is progressing NOW
The writing is progressing slowly but surely.
GUI completed for start screen.
The CG's are being worked on and coloring is being worked on by nero279 (major gratitude)
Making some very random chibi cut scenes in addition.
ImageImageImage

Genesis
Regular
Completed: Intrepid
Deviantart: Genn-esis

#22 Post by Genesis »

1. Is my sprite drawing style okay for a VN? Of course! I think the drawing style is really adorable.
2. Do you find the school theme too generic? I don't really mind stories centered around school if they are executed well enough. I like the fact that the main character grows in this story, and I do find the synopsis interesting, so I think it's fine. :)
3. Are the obtainable characters okay? If not, what kind of personality would you prefer them to have? They seem okay so far, but I think ultimately, character development is the most important. I would be a little wary about Ryuu though (hopefully he has a good reason for his behaviour).
4. Would you play the game if it had no CGs? Yes.

Laera-chan
Regular

#23 Post by Laera-chan »

Sayumi101 wrote:J
What is progressing NOW
The writing is progressing slowly but surely.
GUI completed for start screen.
The CG's are being worked on and coloring is being worked on by nero279 (major gratitude)
Making some very random chibi cut scenes in addition.
WOOT! Still can't wait for this! *dances around eagerly* Any ideas on (roughly) when you think it might be released? Just as a guest-imate. Like, end of the year, beginning of next year, middle or end of next year, etc? No worries if you have no clue- I just can't wait and bouncing around like a hyperactive squirrel on Monster drinks. :lol: :lol:

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#24 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

Just dropping by to say thank you for using the logo. I guess the request is done~ Good luck on your project !

> <

Sayumi101
Veteran

#25 Post by Sayumi101 »

Thank you for taking the time to provide feed back ^^
I'm happy that you find the synopsis and the MC interesting! :)
[quote="Genesis"] I would be a little wary about Ryuu though (hopefully he has a good reason for his behaviour).

Ah! It's funny you should point that out. Now that I've got to writing I have a feeling he's turning out to be more of a jerk than I intended (also hinted by my CG artist, lol) I will take care of it and hopefully not make him too unlike-able as you mentioned.
ImageImageImage

Sayumi101
Veteran

#26 Post by Sayumi101 »

Laera-chan wrote:
WOOT! Still can't wait for this! *dances around eagerly* Any ideas on (roughly) when you think it might be released? Just as a guest-imate. Like, end of the year, beginning of next year, middle or end of next year, etc? No worries if you have no clue- I just can't wait and bouncing around like a hyperactive squirrel on Monster drinks. :lol: :lol:

I'm kind of really glad you haven't deserted hope for this project ^^)/ Means a lot, my friend.
I'm thinking maybe by the end of the year or a tad earlier. The CGs are getting done faster than I'd ever hoped or dreamed.Now it's just a matter of working around my real life and getting the writing/coding down.
I will try my best to not let your support go to waste!
ImageImageImage

Sayumi101
Veteran

#27 Post by Sayumi101 »

Atomic-Invasion wrote:Just dropping by to say thank you for using the logo. I guess the request is done~ Good luck on your project !

> <
I really love the new logo! Thank you very much for your assistance and well wishes. Here's hoping your project goes swimmingly as well!
ImageImageImage

Laera-chan
Regular

#28 Post by Laera-chan »

Sayumi101 wrote:
Laera-chan wrote:

I'm kind of really glad you haven't deserted hope for this project ^^)/ Means a lot, my friend.
Le gasp!! I'd NEVER give up hope for this!! It's just too cute!! :D :lol:
Sayumi101 wrote:I'm thinking maybe by the end of the year or a tad earlier. The CGs are getting done faster than I'd ever hoped or dreamed.Now it's just a matter of working around my real life and getting the writing/coding down.
I will try my best to not let your support go to waste!
WOOHOOO!!! End of the year, as in December? I'll love you forever and consider that my birthday/xmas gift if it is done by then!!!!

HOWEVER.

If you can't finish it, don't stress yourself out about it. Just pop a quick note, and I'll MORE than understand. Just thought I'd let you know that I won't hold it against you if you can't but I'll be hoping and very very happy if you can!! :)

Sayumi101
Veteran

#29 Post by Sayumi101 »

New main menu.... (again *cough cough*)
ImageImageImage