Epsilon ~Prelude~ [Adventure, Fantasy, Action]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SegaOfPlaneptune

Epsilon ~Prelude~ [Adventure, Fantasy, Action]

#1 Post by SegaOfPlaneptune »

Story
The Crystalia Empire has been attempting to gain full control over each of the nations on the planet.
In less than 10 years the Crystalia Empire has successfully managed to gain control over 63 percent of the continent of Oriens.

Having successfully taken over most of the main nations and those under them,
the only thing that stands between Crystalia and full control over Oriens domination is the Ignis Empire.

Though the Ignis Empire's influence seems rather small in comparison to that of Crystalia as things to stand to date, Ignis has been making moves of its own.
Will whatever they're planning be enough to stop Crystalia?
Aside from the two Empires fighting to determine the fate of the world, the tides of the impending war will be greatly influenced by the fates of two young girls.

One who is shrouded in mystery. She's harboring secrets from everyone, even her friends.
Another who has unknowingly been living a lie. She knows nothing of her true past.
Both have more in common than they think.
What awaits Ephemera at the end of this conflict?
A dark future filled with oppression...
...Or a bright new beginning?
Setting
The world is known as Ephemera and as far as everyone knows there are only two continents: Oriens and Altaria. The continent of Oriens has 8 nations representing Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Magma, Clay, Lightning, and Ice. The continent of Altaria has two nations; one representing Light and the other Dark. Oriens is heavily inspired by Asian culture and archecture while Altaria is mostly inpsired by Eurepean culture and archecture.

While magic is nothing out of the ordinary, not everyone can use it by normal means. The only people who can utilize the power of magic on their own often stem from high class society as those who are able to use magic are viewed as superior to those who can't. Even when magic cannot be achieved naturally, there are ways to replicate effects similar to magic – Alchemy.

As with the case of those who can utilize natural magic versus those who cannot, not everyone can preform stable Alchemy. Those who can preform Alchemy are viewed higher than normal citizens, but less than nobility due to being able to achieve some form of magic albeit generic.
Main Characters
Possible Features
  • Image Maps: Determine where characters go in areas to possibly trigger events which may influence how the story progresses and other factors.
  • Multiple Endings: Normal, Good, Bad, True, and Character Endings.
  • CG Gallery: View all CGs you've unlocked throughout the story.
  • Relationship System: Build up relationship points with characters to determine the flow of the story and endings.
  • RPG Mechanics: Turn-based battle system.
Staff
Current Progress
Script: 20%
Story: 20%
Character Art: 20%
Backgrounds: 0%
Questions
1. What are your thoughts on the story? Does it interest you?
2. Does the character art look pleasing to you? Do you like the designs thus far?
3. What kind of plot are you hoping to see in this game?
4. Would you be interested in playing the game?
Last edited by SegaOfPlaneptune on Sat May 30, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

HomuraCrimson

Re: Epsilon ~Prelude~ [Adventure, Fantasy, Action]

#2 Post by HomuraCrimson »

I wanted to redo my comment from before because it was far too simple.
As I stated before, I very much like the idea and the concept thus far with the information given. I would be very interested in playing a game that deviates away from the casual dating VNs I'm so used to. This is a nice touch.
I'm curious to see how the Eastern and European elements will be added to the nation's look once you have art of it. I also like the character designs. Are there other characters or are these it?
What do you mean by RPG style system?
Is this no longer a series of games or...I'm just asking too much now haha!
Please continue on this! I'd like others to see this too!

SegaOfPlaneptune

#3 Post by SegaOfPlaneptune »

HomuraCrimson wrote:I wanted to redo my comment from before because it was far too simple.
As I stated before, I very much like the idea and the concept thus far with the information given. I would be very interested in playing a game that deviates away from the casual dating VNs I'm so used to.
Thank you very much for your comment. I'm glad that you're interested. This has been up here since December of last year and I was beginning to think no one was interested because it wasn't something about relationships and romance.
HomuraCrimson wrote:I also like the character designs. Are there other characters or are these it?
Yes. There are more characters, but these will be the main focus more or less. Look forward to seeing the rest of the cast when the game is complete!
HomuraCrimson wrote:What do you mean by RPG style system?
Regarding the RPG style system, we plan to add a turn-based battle system to the game. Certain battles may or may not affect the flow of the story! But this is only a potential feature. If we do add it, please look forward to seeing it in our game!
HomuraCrimson wrote:Is this no longer a series of games or...I'm just asking too much now haha!
Please continue on this! I'd like others to see this too!
Yes, this is still a series of games! I've merely reworked the intro post to look more pleasing. If this title becomes successful enough, look forward to seeing its sequel since we've already planned one in advance!

RokAbiel
Regular

#4 Post by RokAbiel »

2. Does the character art look pleasing to you? Do you like the designs thus far?
1. It interests me a lot! :) I'm really curious about the secrets that the girls have(Whether they know of it or not haha)!
2. The character art is really pretty! The coloring is the type of coloring I wish I could perfect!(But I'm far from that xD)
I love the designs as well, especially Hatako and Nox. They're just adorable! :mrgreen:
4. Yes, I would be interested in this game!

SegaOfPlaneptune

#5 Post by SegaOfPlaneptune »

RokAbiel wrote:1. It interests me a lot! :) I'm really curious about the secrets that the girls have(Whether they know of it or not haha)!
2. The character art is really pretty! The coloring is the type of coloring I wish I could perfect!(But I'm far from that xD)
I love the designs as well, especially Hatako and Nox. They're just adorable! :mrgreen:
4. Yes, I would be interested in this game!
Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it. I hope your own project turns out well as I too am interested in the title you're making!

wendlierie

#6 Post by wendlierie »

Ooooh! I like your art style, it's so detailed! :D

Good luck on your project! I'm interested to play it when it's out!

SegaOfPlaneptune

#7 Post by SegaOfPlaneptune »

wendlierie wrote:Ooooh! I like your art style, it's so detailed! :D

Good luck on your project! I'm interested to play it when it's out!
Thank you very much! We'll try our best not to let you down~!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#8 Post by AshenhartKrie »

I like the story so far - It sounds very interesting, and I like the added touch of East meets West. I'm curious though: are these two girls from opposing nations? (spoilers argh, I will have to play haha)
For the plot.. well I'd love to see something that explores both nations, and test where loyalties lie. Do we have to pick a side? Are we able to be neutral?
I like the added touch of the RPG elements - it breaks up heavily story based VNs and adds some tactical thinking (also it sounds difficult to code, so congrats).

Sadly, I can't actually see the art D: (curse you school proxy. Cuuuurse youuu) but I'm sure it's absolutely lovely (and when I do see it, I will be sure to add a comment)
Definitely keeping an eye on this c:

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

SegaOfPlaneptune

#9 Post by SegaOfPlaneptune »

AshenhartKrie wrote: I like the story so far - It sounds very interesting, and I like the added touch of East meets West. I'm curious though: are these two girls from opposing nations? (spoilers argh, I will have to play haha)
I'm glad to see you're interested! We decided to make two continents that are inspired by East and West to add diversity to the world they live in. It would be boring if and unrealistic everything was the same. As for the girls... well you'll have to play to find out! :D
AshenhartKrie wrote: For the plot.. well I'd love to see something that explores both nations, and test where loyalties lie. Do we have to pick a side? Are we able to be neutral?
I can say that we do plan to let you pick a side, so to speak. There will also be... drama. I'd love to tell you more but I'm afraid you'll have to wait~
AshenhartKrie wrote: I like the added touch of the RPG elements - it breaks up heavily story based VNs and adds some tactical thinking (also it sounds difficult to code, so congrats).
I hope we are able to meet your expectations with this. Though the people working on the RPG side of things have experience with this sort of things so it might work out and we'll be able to add even more to your experience.
AshenhartKrie wrote: Sadly, I can't actually see the art D: (curse you school proxy. Cuuuurse youuu) but I'm sure it's absolutely lovely (and when I do see it, I will be sure to add a comment)
Definitely keeping an eye on this c:
How unfortunate. Well I look forward to seeing what you think of our art when you finally get the chance to look at it lol. I'm glad this game has interested you enough. We'll try not to disappoint you!