Monstruos Lovers [BxB] [Romance/Supernatural/Monster]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
KillerQueen
Regular

Monstruos Lovers [BxB] [Romance/Supernatural/Monster]

#1 Post by KillerQueen »

I've been meaning to make a VN for quite some time and I figured something self-indulgent might be the way to go for my first project. Expects lots of references (admittedly, some rather obscure) to horror and sci-fi movies! All feedback is welcome.

The development tumblr can be found here and the twitter here. Both are under construction but already functional, I'll be posting updates and production notes there.

【PLANNED FEATURES】:
❤ Free!
❤ 4 love interests
❤ 2 endings per character
❤ 2+ CGs per route
❤ Translation to Spanish
【STORY】
Your name is Christopher Wells. An employee at the Department of Integration, you have one of the most envied jobs the government has to offer - in theory, you are supposed to help ensure the peaceful coexistence between humans and monsters, and you are paid handsomely for the risk that it implies. In practice, however, you spend most of the day sitting at your office filling paperwork.

But neither the pay or the comfort are why you joined.

Unlike many of your coworkers, you honestly believe in the DOI’s mission and aspire to make a difference in the lives of both humans and monsters. When a position opens in Saint George, the town with the highest monster population of the country, you immediately request to be transferred. What no one tells you is that Saint George’s monster habitants are... less than friendly, and your new coworkers are just as enthusiastic as the previous ones.

Well, you are stuck there now. Might as well make the most of it.

Basically, the common route will feature some world-building and set up the love interests, but the focus and bulk of the game will be on the invididual routes and how Christopher relates to each monster and helps them with their problems - after all, Christopher is just one person, and as much as he'd like he can't fix everything by himself.
【CHARACTERS】
The love interests. From left to right: Sebastian, Vincent, Isaac and Ben
  • Christopher Wells
"I want to help. But I can't if you won't let me - I either deal with you, or with my bosses!"

The protagonist. An employee at the Department of Integration, Chris is an idealist whose conviction has somehow survived the endless governmental bureaucracy and lack of support. Still, he tends to bite more than he can chew, and he soon begins to wonder whether he's truly ready to take on the challenge that Saint George represents.
  • Sebastian Griffin
“A human? And we had such a nice neighbourhood."

The grandson of Dr. Griffin, his family’s exposure to the invisibility formula has long made their condition permanent - though he’s otherwise human, this has caused Sebastian to be classified as a monster. He's terribly spoiled and is always looking to be the center of attention, to the point that he's deeply involved in activism not because he cares, but rather because it's the perfect excuse to lecture and critize others. Under his obnoxious personality, however, he's full of insecurities.
  • Vincent Dracula
“Get that look off your face, love, I don’t bite. Not unless you ask me to."

The son of Dracula, Vincent’s whole existence seems to be a constant struggle against his father’s attempts of turning him into a “proper” monster. Because he’s terribly stubborn, he often does things just to prove others wrong or because he’s been told he shouldn’t do them (and the more they annoy his father, the better). He also happens to be an incorregible flirt who enjoys to use his charm to get what he wants, though this tends to get him into as much trouble as it gets him out of it.
  • Isaac Rotwang
“I took the liberty of rearranging the furniture in your office. According to my calculations, this should improve your efficiency by 35.5%"

One of the latest models of androids, Isaac is the result of his mother’s attempt to recreate the same process that was used to make her, unfortunately, it was far from perfect and he ended up being an awkward mixture of creature and machine. Between his mother’s thinly-veiled disappointment and the fact that even other monsters are weirded out by him, Isaac attempts to fit in by being helpful - regardless of whether others actually want said help.
  • Ben Talbot
“You gotta stand up for yourself. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there… heh, get it?”

The descendant of a family cursed with lycanthropy a long time ago, their human blood slowly phased out until they could no longer shift back to a human form. Loud and outgoing, Ben can be exhausting to be around if one doesn't have the energy to match his. As the older brother of a family of seven, he can also be terribly overprotective - and helping raise his siblings has left him with an array of skills no one would expect him to have, like cooking and sewing.
【CREDITS】:
❤ Writing: KillerQueen
❤ Sprites: Daggerhart
❤ Logo: DesertFox

【QUESTIONS】
❤ Do you like the concept so far?
❤ What expectations do you have for the game?
❤ Would you prefer more sprites (poses, expressions) or more CGs?
❤ How important is music/sound for you? Personally, I mostly play VNs on mute so music is at the bottom of my list to assign budget to, but I’d like some opinions on the matter.
【UPDATES】
march 16/15. Most of the outline is done (around 80% or so). I've decided that 'slice of life' no longer really suits the game, so I've changed it for the more general 'supernatural'. Now, rather than a good/bad ending, each character will have two routes - one related to solving their personal problems, and one related to one of Saint George's mysteries. The first will be lighter in both plot and content, while the latter will be more plot-heavy and will contain more horror elements.
Last edited by KillerQueen on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

Re: Monstruos Lovers [BxB] [Romance/Slice of life/Monster]

#2 Post by shortycake »

A: Yes, very much! The story intrigued me I can't wait to play it!
A: I just hope it doesn't much lots of monologue I guess.. I tend to skip them especially if they so long and unimportant.
A: Oh it really depends on the story but I like more dynamic poses and less CG XD
❤ How important is music/sound for you? Personally, I mostly play VNs on mute so music is at the bottom of my list to assign budget to, but I’d like some opinions on the matter.
A: Ahh me too! I don't play vn with sounds on!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Monstruos Lovers [BxB] [Romance/Slice of life/Monster]

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Yes. I love games with mostly inhuman characters :].

I expect most of the references to go over my head :lol: (I rarely watch movies).

I'd be personally prefer different poses and expressions. New outfits/hairstyles would also be neat.

I generally don't play with sound on either, unless it's a horror/suspense game. And if do play with sound on I don't mind hearing pre-made music.

Good luck with your first project ^^. It seems like it'll be really nice.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices