Current Things..

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ChiriChiri96
Projects: The Multiple Lives of Monkey and Lexi
Deviantart: Meisnougliah

Current Things..

#1 Post by ChiriChiri96 »

Surprise as it is, I want to make a visual novel that has nothing to do with cliches.
In fact, I hate cliches! I've been seeing them for way too long, and it (the cliches) needs to go away. But then again it is still in development, and I need suggestions in the story. Here's the idea:
Follow a dumb man's journey to become America's most unexpected hero. Along side his professional superhero friend, there will be "uncliche" love, stupidness, newspapers, and sh*t in all kinds of shades. Villains will be there too, obviously. And the girl confesses...in the most stupidest way in visual novel history (in all of those confesses made by men)...How will it happen? You decide!
Seriously though... I really need ideas...and a designer for my characters.
Reply if you are interested.

ChiriChiri96

Re: Current Things..

#2 Post by ChiriChiri96 »

Weird narration, right?
Weird narration, right?
A screenshot from the project (also drawn on)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

ChiriChiri96 wrote:Surprise as it is, I want to make a visual novel that has nothing to do with cliches. In fact, I hate cliches! I've been seeing them for way too long, and it (the cliches) needs to go away.
Clichés and tropes are somewhat unavoidable, to be honest. For as long as there have been stories, these things have existed. Originality, as a concept, tends to be less about presenting a completely new idea than it is about reinterpreting and reshaping existing tropes. Of course there are some idioms and images that have are so overused that they've been drained of most of their power, but you can still tell a great story with some of them. You just need to proceed carefully.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

ChiriChiri96, I think you might benefit by reading TVTropes' article So You Want to be Original. Also, consider what Roger Ebert said over twenty years ago when reviewing the movie Striking Distance. Then think about the articles.

Overall, I recommend writing the story that you want to write. If you genuinely care about the characters and their world, it will show in what you write.

ChiriChiri96

#5 Post by ChiriChiri96 »

It was New Year's Eve last night, and I was thinking about puns. What is the best way to make one, since English isn't my native language?

ChiriChiri96

#6 Post by ChiriChiri96 »

What would you people like to play? A kinetic novel or visual novel? Or just a visual novel with a linear plot?
Checkout my DeviantArt for concepts and such (Well, not right now, at least)