Afterland [GxG/BxB/GxB][Fantasy, Romance etc]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Afterland [GxG/BxB/GxB][Fantasy, Romance etc]

#16 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Don't worry about it! (Come to think of it, I never did get your PM. There's no hurry, though! Take all the time you need.)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

LaziRice
Tumblr: Dango-Pop

#17 Post by LaziRice »

Oh wow so many endings ;A; that is fantastic! I love the idea of having different backgrounds and choosing one affects the dialogue. I also like how you can choose between playing as a male or a female. Anyways I wish you good luck!

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#18 Post by Charlie599 »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Don't worry about it! (Come to think of it, I never did get your PM. There's no hurry, though! Take all the time you need.)
Seriously? >.< /flails/ There's something up with my internet because no one seems to be getting my pm's... *sending pm again*
LaziRice wrote:Oh wow so many endings ;A; that is fantastic! I love the idea of having different backgrounds and choosing one affects the dialogue. I also like how you can choose between playing as a male or a female. Anyways I wish you good luck!
You have no idea how much it means to hear you say that! Thank you. :3

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#19 Post by Laiska »

This is a veeeery ambitious project. Best of luck to you!

yoshibb
Veteran

#20 Post by yoshibb »

Wow, this is something else. It looks really in depth and I like that. I hope you don't get overwhelmed but this looks really interesting. Good luck!

Charlie599
Regular

#21 Post by Charlie599 »

Laiska wrote:This is a veeeery ambitious project. Best of luck to you!
yoshibb wrote:Wow, this is something else. It looks really in depth and I like that. I hope you don't get overwhelmed but this looks really interesting. Good luck!
Thank you both for the luck :D (I need it)

Posting here to let everyone know that I'm still alive and that this project isn't dead.

Charlie599
Regular

#22 Post by Charlie599 »

Well. There's good news and there's bad news.

Bad news is that my computer (along with a bunch of other stuff) got stolen a few days ago. So I've hit a bit of a snag with parts of the Afterland script that I hadn't uploaded and which are now gone. Yes, it sucks, but I'm not looking for sympathy. XD Just stating a fact.

Good news is that I am officially done with exams (thank goodness) and now have about 2 months worth of spare time to work on the script. :D Let's hope I don't get writers block.

Thank you to all the artist applicants for this project so far. 8) It's been pleasantly overwhelming.

Charlie599
Regular

#23 Post by Charlie599 »

Zohomygoodness. I still haven't finished this script. But I am working on it /sweats/
I don't want to compromise the writing by hurrying it though so this project is going to take longer than I originally thought.
I put the benchmark at 5th September 2015 because writers block. >.>

MorchellaGames

#24 Post by MorchellaGames »

Interesting project! It definitely looks like this project will require a lot of work and planning. Good luck!

Also, it seems like you want this project to be commercial. Unfortunately, I think the name "Afterland" is already taken by another game.

Afterland by Imaginary Games

I'm no lawyer or intellectual property expert, but I think you might want to change the name, given that this other project already has some visibility and started back in 2013.

MegaElla
Regular

#25 Post by MegaElla »

Wow! Amazing project, waiting to hear more about it. I f I wasn't so busy I would offer my help at writing :D. Anyway Good Luck!

Charlie599
Regular

#26 Post by Charlie599 »

MorchellaGames wrote:Unfortunately, I think the name "Afterland" is already taken by another game.
Aw man. D: Well. Looks like I need to think up another game name. Darn. :? Thank you for pointing it out!
MegaElla wrote:Wow! Amazing project, waiting to hear more about it. If I wasn't so busy I would offer my help at writing :D. Anyway Good Luck!
Thank you :D

Charlie599
Regular

#27 Post by Charlie599 »

Ermagerd. Okay, so now I have to change the game name because why the heck didn't I check it was already taken. :cry: :?:
This may seem a liiiiiitle bit silly but scripting has ground to a halt due to this revelation. (Not to mention I now have to change the lore about the reason why it is called whatever it will be called, amongst other things ---my signature being one of them)
My poor little logo is redundant. Which is horrible and awesome at the same time.

Creative juices have been diverted to name & logo creation which has me wading through a river of words/concepts related to Afterland my game. I am not objecting to anyone reading this throwing ideas at me.

So far "Faelind" is the main contender.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#28 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Maybe you could look into Celtic mythologies for inspiration, since they're full of fairies.

EDIT: Came up with an idea while out on a walk: Land Beyond the Looking-Glass.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Charlie599
Regular

#29 Post by Charlie599 »

This project is being put on hold indefinitely due to real life complications. If anything changes I will update.

thornbush

#30 Post by thornbush »

I hope things in real life get sorted out for you! I love the idea of this project. It's definitely very expansive, which is very impressive because I don't see many people attempting to do nearly as much. I also really like how our choices (even our backgrounds) directly affect the game and our possible endings. Very cool.

If you ever get back to this, I could definitely help out with the writing.