Im.mortal [GxB][Time Travel][Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Miryden

Im.mortal [GxB][Time Travel][Romance]

#1 Post by Miryden »

Im.mortal

‘Princess...it is my deepest regret in this life to be unable to fulfill the promise I made to you. But next life...next time...surely, I will protect you the bitter end. It’s the promise of an eternity.’

Blinded by the tragic visions of a dying man she sees within her dreams, high school student Yuka inexplicably draws closer to the school’s most notorious bad boy: Rikuto. But as the present intertwines with their collective past, things spiral out of hand and Yuka’s consciousness is transported back in time, hundreds of years ago to feudal japan. She is forced to once again live through the events of her past life, relive the pain; all the while clutching to a shred of hope that perhaps, this time, things will be different.

Hi, I'm new on this forum and this is the first visual novel I'm attempting to make :) I have absolutely no experience in programming and ren'py, but I've recently read a few tutorials and at least know how the basics work. It would really be appreciated if anyone could help me learn more/teach me more tips if they have the time, or point out if I'm doing anything wrong. I wasn't really sure what forum to post this on. ><
I'm a writer, or at least I consider myself more of a writer than an artist. Nonetheless, I like doing both, which is why I've always been so fascinated with VNs :) I'm hoping to work on this project when I have free time, but since it's my first time it's only going to have one romanceable guy. However, I'm not planning for it to have linear gameplay, or to be too boring. Fingers crossed c:

So far, I've mapped out the story up to the demo, and drawn a character sprite for the main male protagonist, but as I said I'm more of a writer than an artist. Either way, constructive criticism and any helpful comments/tips/opinions are very welcome. Thank you!

Here is Rikuto:
rikuto.png
Did a quick sketch of the protagonist, Yuka. She won't be a character sprite, so this will just be a reference for any cgs :)
Yuka.JPG
(sorry, I don't know why it's showing it sideways >< But if you click on the file it should be the right way up)

Also, because I can finish sketches relatively quickly, say 10-20 mins depending on design, and I enjoy them; I wouldn't mind drawing some for other people. If you want one you can just PM me c:

Update: drew one of the cgs for the beginning (in the dreams/memories) Just a sketch though ^^ I'm happy my sketches can be churned out so quickly; from now on I'll aim to update one sketch per day.
IMG_3421[1].JPG
Last edited by Miryden on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

OwlFeather
Projects: Transcension (WIP)

Re: Im.mortal [GxB][Time Travel][Romance]

#2 Post by OwlFeather »

As someone that is also creating a visual novel, the fact that you were able to narrow the story down to having one romanceable character is amazing. It's cool how the setting does not take place only in a cliche school, but instead feudal Japan. I wonder if there is more than meets the eye about this time travel thing and if Rikuto might have anything to do with it (or maybe I'm jumping to conclusions too quickly). Either way, the concept seems amazing and I'll totally be stalking this thread for updates. XD

Miryden

#3 Post by Miryden »

Thank you, you are too nice <3 >< You're creating one too? Can you link me? I would love to hear more about it; have you worked on any projects before? c:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Does she have to go to feudal Japan? It's been done before. Why not Heian Japan? Why not the future? Why not scrap Japan and use a different area of the world?

You can do whatever you want, of course, but I encourage you to explore different settings, because they're just as interesting as the one you're considering.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Miryden

#5 Post by Miryden »

Oh I only choise feudal because the clothes are easy to draw and familiar >< But yeah, you're right, I should try looking at other eras/places in the world that might be interesting. Thanks! ^^