Free Project looking for ideas&help!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hanabii
Deviantart: HanabiArts

Free Project looking for ideas&help!

#1 Post by Hanabii »

Hi everyone! :)

I'm trying to start a new project, so I'm recruiting people now~!

Idea up to now
We don't have a lot of ideas yet, but what I'm ready to share is:
Main character is a girl.

At the start of the game, the player can choose the school they want to go to. We'll have like 2-3 schools as a choice and 1 hidden school, you can unlock, when you got every possible ending available for the "normal" schools.
For now we want to provide a story in a sports based school and a music based school. (And the special school might be a magical one.)

Since I want people to be able to change the story with their choices, there will be like 2 guys(+1 hidden guy and maybe also a lesbian ending) available for dating and probably 3 different "cliques" you can join. And I want more than 1 ending per person, so maybe 5 endings per person? Not sure yet. >_<

Feel free to contribute ideas :)

About the Project
As I stated above this is a new project and I'm a total beginner at this, so I can't provide you with examples yet.
I'd actually like to start a group, where we can do more than one project together, but if you only want to join for one project, I wouldn't mind either.
Also I'm doing this as a hobby, so I'll try to make FREE games. If you are looking for great pay, I'd advise you to look somewhere else. (Sorry!)

What kind of games do I want to make?
I'm a girl and I love girlish stories more than everything. So if you hate girly stuff, you might want to stay away.
My favourite genre is romance and I want my first game to be a school romance. Next up will probably be a fantasy setting~ (But that's too far away now to think about it lol)
I want to make a game, where you have a lot of choices, that aren't way too obvious. (I hate those games, that gives you options, but the outcome is way too obvious..) But I also want to focus on a nice story! (Sometimes story quality suffers greatly with too many choices)

Some of my favorite VNs are (see if you are compatible with me! :) ): Long Live The Queen, The Second Reproduction, RE: Alistair++, Halloween Otome, Ristorante Amore.

Recruiting
- Background Artists
- Musicians/Sound/Video Editors (I've got almost zero knowledge on this subject, so yeah... Help would be appreciated!!)
- Web Developers ( I can do basic HTML, PHP, Database stuff, etc. but someone more experienced would be a great help)

Feel free to contact me here or send me a PM, if you are interested or want to know more! :)
Last edited by Hanabii on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Free Project looking for members!

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey,

your posting is very... barebones. We usually expect people recruiting for a project to have an actual project in mind, not just vague ideas.

Our requirements for Recruitment describe what information you should be able to offer when recruiting.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Hanabii

#3 Post by Hanabii »

Well.. I said it's a school romance project, can't I start recruiting and add more info later? o.o
I'm not sure about the plot yet, since it's kind of a test project, but if I can't recruit without a description I can delete and come back later >_< (But I'm afraid I might end up doing everything on my own.. lol)

But I'd also like to look for Co-Authors, who like to suggest story ideas. (Can I do that somewhere else?)

laylee96

#4 Post by laylee96 »

Hey,

I'd be more than happy to assist with editing/proofreading as English is my first language. I can suggest some stories ideas, too. Let me know if you would like my help :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#5 Post by Taleweaver »

I think I know where you could safely ask for ideas and also present yours.

Moved.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Hanabii

#6 Post by Hanabii »

laylee96 wrote:Hey,

I'd be more than happy to assist with editing/proofreading as English is my first language. I can suggest some stories ideas, too. Let me know if you would like my help :)

Hi,

that sounds great! :)

Vaatry
Deviantart: Vaatry

Re: Free Project looking for ideas&help!

#7 Post by Vaatry »

Hey there,
I'm an artist and I'd be happy to help with characters design and sprites. Also i can do cgs (if not too complicated haha) *whisper* i'm not good with backgrounds...
Since i'm a little too creative (AND I LOVE SCHOOL ROMANCE) i'd be happy to give you some idea ;)
--> http://vaatry.deviantart.com/

Hanabii

Re: Free Project looking for ideas&help!

#8 Post by Hanabii »

Soo.. just to tell you guys: I've got enough people for ideas now!! LOL O.O