Lunescara (GxB, Supernatural, Drama) WIP UP!!!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
FrozenApple66
Regular
Projects: Lunescara (Hiatus) The Cottage (NaNo16)
Organization: Pink Squirrel Games

Lunescara (GxB, Supernatural, Drama) WIP UP!!!

#1 Post by FrozenApple66 »

View the WIP thread here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 30#p370630

Synopsis: Centuries ago there was a great war between humans and monsters. The humans, with their greater numbers began to over-power the monsters, driving them nearly to the point of extinction. So, with their magic, they sealed themselves off from the rest of the world with magic barriers along with an moderate group of human prisoners. They created the country of Lunescara.

In an attempt to show that they "meant no harm" the monsters gave the trapped humans one of their most prized possessions: The Stone of Truth (dumb name, anyone have suggestions?). This prophetic device could only be used properly by a human woman and that it was supposed to predict the monster's next king. Each 100 years a woman from one of their captive islands would be selected to use the stone and select their next King. The girl's island would be treated favorably for the next 100 years.

In the current generation an young girl named Elaine had been chosen to be the next bearer of the Stone. However, when she was just a child, Elaine caught a fever and perished. Panicking, her family concocted a lie and forced Elaine's younger sister Cora (name changeable) to take her place. This lie went on for the next five years and now... Cora must decide: will she side with the monsters and continue the tradition, hoping to change Lunescara from the inside out, or will she save herself and try to bring them down?

The Legend of the Stone:

During the Great War, an troop of vampires were raiding a human city. They left fire and destruction in their wake, enraged at the earlier losses of the Blessed. One soldier was rummaging through the wreckage, looking for valuables when he was hit in the head by something small and hard. Looking around he found a small, pale stone. As he held it up to the light, the name Gwenivere appeared on its surface for a few seconds only to dissappear. The soldier pocketed the stone, thinking it pretty if strange and went to gorge himself on their collection of human prisoners.

Seizing a young woman at the front of the cages, he pulled her close, about to bite into her neck when... the stone burned white hot in his pocket, glowing with a brilliant light! The vampire dropped the woman and pulled the stone out, only to howl in pain as it was too hot to handle. On reflex, the woman caught the stone when it dropped towards her and it felt as cool as glass in her palm.

As she held the stone, the woman's eyes glazed over and she stated that tomorrow's battle would be won because a storm would roll in and cause the human troops to scatter. It was a clear day without a single cloud in sight. The vampire laughed at her and procedded to drain the woman of her blood. He collected the stone from her pale, cold body.

The next day a storm appeared suddenly as a group of human troops was about to ambush his company.

Gameplay and Other Information:
- Several types of choices
1. Choices that allign MC with a faction (Human or Monster)
2. Choices that bring favor/disfavor from one of the obtainables
- Mini games, beating them will unlock special events with characters

5 obtainable men, each has at least 2 different endings.

-Anticipated Sprites: 10
-Anticipated Backgrounds: 30 (Including Night/Day Variations)
-Anticipated CG: 40

Other Notes:
I know this set up is rather common, and I have talked about it before, but I think I can make it work!

Please let me know what you think? As soon as I have the names, etc nailed down I will make a real WIP thread.

Also! Check out my concept art below?
Attachments
Concept art chibis
Concept art chibis
Last edited by FrozenApple66 on Mon May 11, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Vaatry
Deviantart: Vaatry

Re: Lunescara: King of Monsters (GxB, Supernatural, Drama)

#2 Post by Vaatry »

I very liked the twist!
But I need some enlightments: do the Stone choose the human woman? In which way do they treat her favorably? Who treat her favorably? Others humans shouldn't be jalous or something? By the way, the monsters "offer" the Stone to humans because they need them to choose their next king, right? So, do they really mean no harm or do they need them properly alive to do the stuff?
Also, I think you have to find another word than "monster" to referring at them. I can understand humans saying that but not the "monsters" themselves.

FrozenApple66
Regular

#3 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Vaatry wrote:I very liked the twist!
But I need some enlightments: do the Stone choose the human woman? In which way do they treat her favorably? Who treat her favorably? Others humans shouldn't be jalous or something? By the way, the monsters "offer" the Stone to humans because they need them to choose their next king, right? So, do they really mean no harm or do they need them properly alive to do the stuff?
Also, I think you have to find another word than "monster" to referring at them. I can understand humans saying that but not the "monsters" themselves.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, those are questions I need to address. Re-reading my post I noticed that, haha. I'll explain as much as I can.

1. The Stone is an partially sentient creation. It will dissappear and reappear to the home it its newest "prophet" each generation bareing the name of its chosen one. When that woman hold's the stone she is subjected to visions of the future.

2. They are treated favorably with lessened taxes, easier passage between the islands (normally humans are not allowed to leave their islands unless granted permission by the monsters), and monetary treasures, etc.

3. Other humans are jelous, especially if they are from another island. However, since they are not allowed to travel they cannot do much about it.

4. Giving the stone was a cop out so they didn't have to fight amoungst themselves to chose the next king and as a means to quell rebellion ("Hey, look, we actually need you. So do as we say, or else.")

5. Yeah, the monsters need a new name. Perhaps something pompous like The Blessed?

Vaatry

#4 Post by Vaatry »

FrozenApple66 wrote:
Vaatry wrote:I very liked the twist!
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, those are questions I need to address. Re-reading my post I noticed that, haha. I'll explain as much as I can.

1. The Stone is an partially sentient creation. It will dissappear and reappear to the home it its newest "prophet" each generation bareing the name of its chosen one. When that woman hold's the stone she is subjected to visions of the future.

2. They are treated favorably with lessened taxes, easier passage between the islands (normally humans are not allowed to leave their islands unless granted permission by the monsters), and monetary treasures, etc.

3. Other humans are jelous, especially if they are from another island. However, since they are not allowed to travel they cannot do much about it.

4. Giving the stone was a cop out so they didn't have to fight amoungst themselves to chose the next king and as a means to quell rebellion ("Hey, look, we actually need you. So do as we say, or else.")

5. Yeah, the monsters need a new name. Perhaps something pompous like The Blessed?
Thanks for the details ;)
"The Blessed" sounds great to me, like they're really conceited.
As far as it seems you have a good idea, but how do the selected woman choose the new king? I mean by that, she is on an island so she will have to move to see more, or else a lot of "pretender" will go to her?

FrozenApple66
Regular

#5 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Vaatry wrote: Thanks for the details ;)
As far as it seems you have a good idea, but how do the selected woman choose the new king? I mean by that, she is on an island so she will have to move to see more, or else a lot of "pretender" will go to her?
Are you asking how MC will end up choosing the next King or how has any woman in the past chosen the next King? Well, if she were a true "prophet" MC would have had a vision from the stone about who it should be. And prophets are moved to the mainland once the old King dies, where they must choose the new King. MC, since she isn't a prophet at all, will have to lie or pick at random. (If that is the sort of path the player chooses to go down. ;) )

Vaatry

#6 Post by Vaatry »

FrozenApple66 wrote:
Vaatry wrote: Thanks for the details ;)
Are you asking how MC will end up choosing the next King or how has any woman in the past chosen the next King? Well, if she were a true "prophet" MC would have had a vision from the stone about who it should be. And prophets are moved to the mainland once the old King dies, where they must choose the new King. MC, since she isn't a prophet at all, will have to lie or pick at random. (If that is the sort of path the player chooses to go down. ;) )
Oh ok! I do understand a lot better! Well, your story seem very good so far. I'll wait for it to develop! Good luck ;)

FrozenApple66
Regular

Re: Lunescara (GxB, Supernatural, Drama)

#7 Post by FrozenApple66 »

Hello everyone! Lunescara is still being worked on and I hope to have an legitimate WIP thread out soon!

Small Update:
Art-
Character sprites being finalized
Writing-
Act 1- 50%
Act 2- 10%
Act 3- 0%
Act 4- 0%

CHECK OUT THE MAIN POST FOR ANTICIPATED ENDINGS AND OTHER DETAILS!!

FrozenApple66
Regular

Re: Lunescara (GxB, Supernatural, Drama) WIP UP!!!

#8 Post by FrozenApple66 »