The Reject(GxG)(Supernatural)(Mystery)(Fantasy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

Re: The Reject(GxG)(Supernatural)(Mystery)(Fantasy)

#16 Post by sasquatchii »

This looks AND sounds amazing!! I can sort of relate to Rinoa. Does she work a 9-5 office job and sit alone at a desk all day? xD

Your synopsis reminded me of Murr Lafferty's Shambling Guide series:

in which there are vampires, ghosts, incubi, and other weird monsters everywhere, but most regular humans don't notice them because they're so wrapped up in their own lives and also not very observant.
infel wrote:Is the idea good?
I think that the majority of ideas have little kernels of goodness in them, but it's the execution that matters! You could have the best idea in the world, but if you execute it in a lazy/haphazard way it might not be as good as taking a lot of time to think and work through the problem.

With that said, it seems like you are thinking a lot about this & I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with :)
ImageImage

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#17 Post by infel »

polarisked wrote:Ahh---- The art is so beautiful! QAQ /cries bc of gorg art

I like this idea! Normally I don't go for GxG, but I /saw/ that there'll be demon forms!! ((Bet it's gonna be awesome too QAQ)) Can't wait to see your BG art too *q* /addicted to this!/

I'm just curious, how far is the "mature"-ness in this game? Since I'm interested to play this, this would be the first GxG game I'm getting my hands on! Just wanted to know what I'm gonna see xD

Oh, and I love how the girl's relationships are going to grow over time instead of directly jumping in the romancing part! ((its a plus for newbies like me OTL))
Thank you so much for your kind words ^^. It's cool your interested in it even though Yuri is not your thing =). In truth I never thought I'd write Yuri even though it was okay with me. I started to though a few months back and realized it was actually fun and that Vn's needed ones that we're just straight up ecchi.

As for the maturity I'd say 15 and up. There's some fanservice with two of the girls demon forms, but I'm trying not to add much of fanservice in the game. Their other clothes won't be revealing like their monster forms are. Also the rating is a bit high because there will be fighting, some violence, and death.

And I'm glad you like that part =). Only Shion instantly loves Rinoa but that's because she knew her prior to the story and also knew her mother. They will not just jump into romance though. Friendship is more of the main theme here then romance.

Anyway thank you for your kind words ^^. I hope I'll be able to make a fun game for people to enjoy ^^. Also good luck with you first project =)
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games

#18 Post by infel »

sasquatchii wrote:This looks AND sounds amazing!! I can sort of relate to Rinoa. Does she work a 9-5 office job and sit alone at a desk all day? xD

Your synopsis reminded me of Murr Lafferty's Shambling Guide series:

in which there are vampires, ghosts, incubi, and other weird monsters everywhere, but most regular humans don't notice them because they're so wrapped up in their own lives and also not very observant.
infel wrote:Is the idea good?
I think that the majority of ideas have little kernels of goodness in them, but it's the execution that matters! You could have the best idea in the world, but if you execute it in a lazy/haphazard way it might not be as good as taking a lot of time to think and work through the problem.

With that said, it seems like you are thinking a lot about this & I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with :)
Thank you so much :oops:! And that's kind of what her life is at night XD. She has to work hours with trying to stop the spirits and demons. At times it can last for hours. She does have school but it's hard to do since even during the day they can come out.

Oh that looks interesting 0_0. I just hope mine isn't too similar ;_;. I know this plot line has been used a couple of times before.

But you're right about execution =). I'll do my best to make this game fun for others and tell a good story ^^.

Thank you again for your kind words =). Once things are a bit more done, I'll soon move this to the works in progress. I just want to get more done before I do that XD

Patreon

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

infel
Veteran

#19 Post by infel »

Update-June 8- Elena's sprite added

Here's Elena's sprite =). It's kind of a spoiler but I wanted to show off the supernatural side of this game XD. Anyway hope you guys like her =).

Patreon

Current Projects

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#20 Post by sasquatchii »

infel wrote:Oh that looks interesting 0_0. I just hope mine isn't too similar ;_;. I know this plot line has been used a couple of times before.
Oooh, sorry if I made it sound like they were too similar xD

What I MEANT is that they're both awesome and only vaguely related!! Yours seems like it is going to be serious and also have romantic elements (let me know if I'm wrong!) whereas the Shambling Guide series is very comedic and has no romance elements whatsoever.

Also, ELENA LOOKS AMAZING!! She's my favorite so far (I will probably go after her if possible!) I also just realized I have no idea what a gorgon actually is! And at first glance thought she might be a naga but I was wrong... I can't wait to learn about her and her kind when I play :)
ImageImage

infel
Veteran

#21 Post by infel »

sasquatchii wrote:
infel wrote:Oh that looks interesting 0_0. I just hope mine isn't too similar ;_;. I know this plot line has been used a couple of times before.
Oooh, sorry if I made it sound like they were too similar xD

What I MEANT is that they're both awesome and only vaguely related!! Yours seems like it is going to be serious and also have romantic elements (let me know if I'm wrong!) whereas the Shambling Guide series is very comedic and has no romance elements whatsoever.

Also, ELENA LOOKS AMAZING!! She's my favorite so far (I will probably go after her if possible!) I also just realized I have no idea what a gorgon actually is! And at first glance thought she might be a naga but I was wrong... I can't wait to learn about her and her kind when I play :)

Oh no it's alright =).

And thank you so much! You're very right in that this will be a serious story with romantic elements =). GxG isn't my strong point, so I have a lot to learn but I think I'll have fun with this. Sadly it's going to be rather expensive since each girl will have her own story and there will be sub sprites XD. But I'm still excited to do it =). Just hope I can make the story and characters fun and memorable =).

Thank you ^^. Elena is actually my favorite two. In truth I think a gorgon is either a lesser form of a Nega or an updated form. Really need to look into that XD.

Patreon

Current Projects

infel
Veteran

#22 Post by infel »

Here's Shion's sprite. So sorry for her being a bit um...in the fanservice...but I wanted to show another monster form. :oops:

Patreon

Current Projects

wererat42
Regular

#23 Post by wererat42 »

Just popping in to say that Shion is my favorite character now and I have no problem at all with fanservice.
The whole dichotomy of her having the whole succubus image going on top of being the one who loves Rinoa the most from the start is interesting as well.

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#24 Post by DarkSin »

Really liking the art :o I'm perfectly fine with fanservice as well. If done right, it can really compliment a game. Balance is key!

Alix

#25 Post by Alix »

I just want to say, this looks fantastic. I'm in the brainstorming phase for a GxG monster-girl game myself, and since I'm making the kind of thing I'd like to play, I'm thrilled to see something along somewhat similar lines. Also, the art you've posted is beautiful. If I can do half as well, I'll be happy!

I know it's been a while since you updated, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting! I'm not trying to pester you, I just wanted to say: If/when you come back to this, I think it's going to be fantastic. ^_^