Petradia: The Lost Guardian (fantasy/adventure/romance GXB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Megasha
Projects: Petradia: The Lost Guardian (in progress)
Deviantart: Megasha

Petradia: The Lost Guardian (fantasy/adventure/romance GXB)

#1 Post by Megasha »

Petradia: The Lost Guardian
This is my first project.
I am in NEED OF: BG CG and GUI Artists
At Petradia’s beginnings, there were 12 life sources that kept all things in existence. But without anything to control the life sources, the world became thrown into chaos. So the powers manifested themselves into 12 powerful gemstones which sought out courageous and virtuous individuals who personified each life source. One by one they were chosen, and each accepted this great yet permanent responsibility to yield these powers. They were now guardians of each precious stone. With their new gifts, these Guardians were able to secure peace throughout Petradia...for a time. But, unknown to the 12, a false stone was made out of jealousy and hate towards the Guardians. While the 12 stones were made for harmony, this stone was made for death and darkness. This evil began to destroy the Guardians one by one, seeking to control the gems of power they held. But before all was lost, one guardian gave the ultimate sacrifice to seal away the evil, and revive the other Guardians. Petradia was saved. Yet … with one gem's life source sealed, and its Guardian forever lost, the others were unable to secure the balance of the realm. So they scattered themselves throughout the land in hiding; still holding on to the hope that one day the lost guardian would return and bring peace once more.
"Petradi" is a Greek word meaning "gem" or literally "small rock."
Thus, this world is called "Petradia" since the main characters are personifications of the 12 birthstones of each month: January-Garnet, February-Amethyst, March-Aquamarine, April-Diamond, May-Emerald, June-Pearl, July-Ruby, August-Peridot, September-Sapphire, October-Opal, November-Topaz, December-Turquoise

The main character will have an option from 6 eligible bachelors to choose from, along with the main storyline.
MAIN CHARACTER:
Bio: Name: Adonia/Sapphire
Power:...Unknown
Personality: Confident, headstrong, curious, compassionate
BACHELORS:
Name: Amethyst
Power: Wind
Personality: Princely, Proud, chivalrous, romantic.
Name: Emerald
Power: Earth
Personality: Very Shy. Always late to get a joke. Nervous around women. Very kind, especially to children and small animals. Protective of others.
Name: Garnet
Power: Fire
Personality: Hot temper, stubborn, over-protective, easily annoyed
Name: Peridot
Power: Flora
Personality: Jovial, optimistic, naive, friendly.
Name: Topaz
Power: Lightening/electricity
Personality: Show-off, rash, ladies' man, easily bored, never backs down on a challenge.
Name: Turquoise
Power: Ice
Personality: Distant, mysterious, eloquent, intelligent, and anti-social.
OTHER CHARACTERS:
Go To
http://www.petradia.com or
http://megasha.deviantart.com/gallery/3 ... t-Guardian
to see images and bios of Aquamarine, Pearl, Ruby, Diamond, and Opal
Progress:
Writing - 25%
Art - Sprites Only
BGs - 0%
CGs - 0%
GUI - 0%
Music - Sketches only
Coding - 1%

I welcome feedback. Also, let me know if you are wanting to collaborate in this project.
Last edited by Megasha on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Petradia: The Lost Guardian (fantasy/adventure/romance G

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

This is a neat concept, but I think the last names are a bit much. You don't need to hit the reader over the head with the links between gemstones and their respective months.

In addition, having a sad past isn't a personality trait.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Megasha

#3 Post by Megasha »

Good point. Thanks for the feedback.

Megasha

#4 Post by Megasha »

Mad Harlequin wrote:This is a neat concept, but I think the last names are a bit much. You don't need to hit the reader over the head with the links between gemstones and their respective months.

In addition, having a sad past isn't a personality trait.
I updated this post taking out the last names, and the "sad past" personality trait for Garnet. I also added a new story synopsis.
I appreciate the critique, so I can improve. This is my first project, and I am still a novice in all of this. There's a lot of room to grow. :)
(Work in progress)

http://www.petradia.com/ - GXB Fantasy/Adventure/Romance
http://megasha.deviantart.com/