Roadies [slice of life][otome][friendship]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Thirteen
Regular
Completed: A Walk in the Woods
Projects: Unamed Game
Tumblr: houseflesh

Roadies [slice of life][otome][friendship]

#1 Post by Thirteen »

So I drew a really cute punk rocker dude.

And I really wanted him to be a datable character. Like I really wanted to just write for him, since I think he's great.

So I thought up this here story.
The gist of it is the main character (boy/girl/NB) is childhood friends with the leader of a gang of punk rockers. His name is "Gums", because he talks a lot.
Anyway it's Summer and there is a band called In Search of Jane Doe, is going on a huge summer tour. Mac and his punk friends are super stoked, because it's their favorite band. They decide that they wanna follow the tour, and Gum knows just the person to drive them.

That's the MC. They own a van, so are obviously the best choice.
So the MC is convinced to drive the gang around following the band's tour. Oh the shenanigans that will happen.
I mean there are like 5 people in a van hanging out with each other for 3 months. Obviously this is gonna be great.
------
Game Play:
So it'll be a simple kinda otome.
I'd like their to be a points system for the romance.
I'd also like for their to be events that happen on the road, and how you choose to go about them will affect the datable character's view of you.

I'd also like for them to be like little scenes where the characters talk to each other while traveling to the next concert. Maybe they fight over snacks or they try to persuade the MC to play their terrible mixed CDs.
Cute stuff like that.

I'd also like for their to be a day system. It's be about 3 months, so 90 days. That'd be pretty sweet.
-------
Characters:
Macaulay "Big Mac" Seung

Mac is a really big guy, and very intimidating if you don't know him. But he's actually very sensitive. He's an animal rights atavist, and vegan. He absolutely adores animals and is going to school to become a veterinary technician. He's really sweet. He's scottish-korean, and is pretty new to town. He moved her for school, and happened to make friends with Gums, which has made his life a lot more exciting.

Yadiel "Gums" Colon

A spunky Puerto Rican man. MC has known him since they were kids, since their moms are best friends. He's sorta like a brother to the MC, but also sorta like a really annoying cousin who you never want in your house. Gums is loud and rambunctious. He has a knack for getting into trouble, and everyone at the police station knows him by name. He isn't a bad guy though, he just gets easily bored, and then does really stupid illegal shit.

Chis "The Enigma" Geller

The enigma is called such as no one really knows their gender. They don't talk about it, and over time the gang learned to accept their interesting friend. Of course after giving them a mysterious nickname and referring to them as "it" to seal the deal. They don't mind though. They much rather be called it than he or she.
MC calls them "they" though. "It" just doesn't sit well with them despite how many times Gums says that The Enigma doesn't care.

Chris is a pretty quiet guy, and because of that is often called boring by Gums. Though I'm sure if Gums were to shut up for 5 seconds he'd see that Chris has many interesting talents, one of which is drawing. They're always carrying around a sketchbook filled with doodles and snippets of conversations they overhear. Chris is an expert at people watching.

Ty "Reaper" Jones

Ty is always, always, always wearing a hoodie. No matter what. And he's always, always, hiding underneath a hood. No one is sure why, and when they ask him why he's wearing a hood, he just shrugs and says it makes him feel comfortable.
Ty is a very cheerful guy. He seems to always be having a good time. So him and Gums get a long very well. He's very high energy and loves to be active, which leads to him fidgeting around a lot in the car and wanting to stop at every rest stop just so he can run around and explore.
He's the shortest one in the group. He's also the strongest; due to his physical strength and his ability to keep everyone together. He's like the secret leader of the group, but he let's Gums act the role, because it makes him happy to see his friend happy.

M.C. - Jamie* Garcia
(*you can change that name if you want to)

Jamie* has been friends with Gums since they were kids. Their moms are best friends and came from Puerto Rico to the U.S. together. Because of this Jamie* and Gums have spent all their life together. But the last year Jamie* has gone out of state for college leaving Gums behind. Now back for summer vacation Gums wants to spend as much time with them as possible before they leave for school again. Jamie is a sensible person, but even they can get caught up in Yadiel's antics and grandiose adventures.
They drive a van, mostly because they thought it'd be a great idea at the time. But now that Gums wants them to drive around and be a roadie they're regretting their choice of car. Just a bit.

----------
I'd really like to make this game happen, because I think it'd be very quirky and fun!
But this project is super big, and I don't think I'd be able to do it going solo. So for now it's just a fancy idea, that I like to think about, and giggle over.

Please tell me what you think!
Maybe some of you will be so interested in this we can make a dev. team, and make this game become an actual thing, or not!
Haha, I just thought I'd share. :3c
Last edited by Thirteen on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Roadies [slice of life][otome][friendship]

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I think it's a neat idea---and one that seems to fit well with the lesson of not judging a book by its cover, as the saying goes. Thanks for sharing!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Thirteen
Regular

#3 Post by Thirteen »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I think it's a neat idea---and one that seems to fit well with the lesson of not judging a book by its cover, as the saying goes. Thanks for sharing!
Oh thank you!
And you're totally right, I didn't even notice that haha!
No problem :-D

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#4 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

Hello there too ^^ !
I found this project and I like the idea of encountering and getting to know people by travelling together.
It could be even more fun by the fact that, at first, the MC, Jamie, is only here because of the van.
I like pretty much everyone but I find Reaper cute ^^.

Its seems like a big project so it understandable that it could be difficult alone (and ever more with your others projects)
(If you haven't seen them you, reader of my comment, (if someone other than the author of the post read it) go see them ! They're really cool too !)

Anyway, thanks for sharing !

Thirteen
Regular

#5 Post by Thirteen »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:Hello there too ^^ !
Hello! :D
I found this project and I like the idea of encountering and getting to know people by travelling together.
It could be even more fun by the fact that, at first, the MC, Jamie, is only here because of the van.
Haha I'm glad ya like the idea! I thought it'd make to most sense to fall for someone if you're spendin ALL you time together. So bam 3 months in a van.
What's especially funny about Jamie is that they don't even like the band that the gang is following around. Lmao.
I like pretty much everyone but I find Reaper cute ^^.
Reaper is adorable. He's definitely my favorite character.
Its seems like a big project so it understandable that it could be difficult alone (and ever more with your others projects)
(If you haven't seen them you, reader of my comment, (if someone other than the author of the post read it) go see them ! They're really cool too !)
Yeah it was pretty big, but now working on Witch's brew (which was supposed to be small, but now is getting a lot more complicated haha) this would have been the simpler of the two games!
I do plan on coming back to this, because I really like the characters and world I've developed here. So this will probably be my next project after Witch's Brew. And then I'll get to working on The Out Post.
Also thank you for encouraging others to check out my stuff! It's super cool of you! ^^
Anyway, thanks for sharing !
No problem! Thanks for the feedback!