Blood Calls [Otome/GxB][Romance,Mystery,Suspense,Thriller]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Erisyuuki

Blood Calls [Otome/GxB][Romance,Mystery,Suspense,Thriller]

#1 Post by Erisyuuki »

"Blood Calls is a new, original otome/visual
novel game in progress."
Hi there, this is Erisyuuki, the director and creator for Blood Calls.
Please comment, leave feedbacks and ask questions.
(Game Status: Early stages. Undecided free or commercial.)
Story takes place decades into the far future. Crime rates have risen and the number of outlaws has reached a number where no prison in the world can contain them. In order to separate the outlaws from innocent citizens, a section of the world has been turned into a country for them to live in: now known as 'Red World'. Major mafia/gangster/yakuza families have also moved to the Red World, where illegal activity is controlled by a mafia head of a group. As such, the Red World is split into regions ruled by a 'King'.
On her 19th birthday Aemilia lost her family in a car accident. She only survived after receiving blood transfusion from a mysterious man named Raizer Vanev. Months after her recovery, a quirky man, Walder saves Aemilia from a group of assassins. Walder then forces a new identity upon her – that of Rai Vanev (Raizer’s little sister). With the blood of Raizer Vanev, one of the former kings of the five that controlled the underworld, Rai is to compete in the ultimate 'Game' against Raizer's other successor Zero. She has at the most 3 months to find herself the strongest team to help her fight in the game. As the rule of the game states, losers MUST die.
One of the two potential successor of Raizer Vanev - the Dark King. At the beginning she appears to be unconcerned with her surroundings, but those close to her. Rai is actually a very strong, compassionate and wilful person. When in danger or a serious situation she displays the attitude of a Queen. It is said that her Queen-mode resembles the dark king Raizer himself, besides her eyes which turn golden.
Fuwa Aoi
He is a rookie in a gang owned by another King. He used to be abused by his gang members for being weak and is rescued by Rai. He becomes her butler. Aoi is modest and loyal, though he is usually wimpy about petty things and is easily scared. Walder often gives him snide remarks for his weakness, but at times Aoi can be relied upon. He is very perceptive.
Ren is violent and straight forward with what he thinks. He is a hot-head who often does things that gets him and Rai's group into trouble. Because of this, he constantly bickers with Rai. Despite his violence though, he is a very childish and righteous person. He helps Rai because he respects her for what she did for Aoi. He is described to be wolf-like with sharp instincts.
Luca is one of Raizer’s closest servants. He currently serves as Zero’s strongest fighter. Luca always does things unexpectedly, his motives and thoughts often unknown to anyone but himself. He shows little emotion and is considered a dangerous man. He later betrays Zero to join Rai, earning him the name ‘Traitor’.
Nakawa Haru
Haru is Aemilia’s childhood friend. He feels unfamiliar with her as she becomes Rai, but nevertheless remains protective of her. Despite Rai’s reluctance, he refuses to leave her side and wishes to help her in the game. Rai considers him an important part of her family, like an older brother. Haru is kind, simple and innocent so often easily provoked and teased. He is skilled at fencing.
A renowned doctor and surgeon who serves anyone he wishes. He is rather popular with women - a womanizer. Secretly a heavy smoker but makes sure his appearance is smart and stylish. Searching for excitement in his life, he somehow ends up helping Rai. He often openly flirts with Rai.
Jay Michalis
Jay is the one who approaches Rai and asks to serve under her. He is playful and doesn’t take things seriously, often doing things ‘just for fun’. It is later revealed that Jay is the younger brother of Emil – the Blood king. Jay’s original intentions may have been to make Rai lose the game.
Walder is the previous commander of Raizer's fighters. When Zero took over most of Raizer's assets, Zero forced and humiliated Walder to retirement due to his old age. Wanting revenge on Zero and due to his loyalty in serving the Dark King, Walder was the one who approached Rai and forced her to compete for the throne. He acts like a nagging grandpa to Rai most the time, a quirky man.
Nene is the youngest, genius hacker who joins Rai. She has a very bland personality, not talkative but takes great pride in her skills. On the few occasions that she does talk, she uses rather rude speech. However, she is friendlier towards Rai and her group.
Zero
The other candidate to Raizer Vanev’s throne. He had served under Raizer for a long time. Unlike his opponent Rai, he is a lot more brutal in his methods to win. He is very heartless. Zero is also secretly supported by one of the kings.
Raizer Vanev
The man who saved Rai's life with his blood and the previous Dark King. Not much is known about him, but he has long vermilion hair. His eyes are red. It is later revealed he knew Aemilia’s mother, Isabel.
Emil Michalis
The older brother of Jay, one of the Kings of the Red World. He is rather young in comparison to the other kings but is shown to be a very calm and well-mannered person. On occasions he has approached Rai, sometimes giving her valuable advice, other times threats. It is unknown of what he desires of Rai.

And many more to come...
Here is a part of chapter one to read!
Please note this is the pre-edited/proofread version.
7 routes to pursue with a total of 13 different endings. What fate will you choose?
Various positions are available and we urgently need help in certain areas. A separate recruitment thread will be created, but do let us know if you are interested in offering your help.
1) Does the premise and concept of the game interest you?
2) Which Character do you like so far and why?
3) What kinds of ending are you expecting?
4) What events/story line are you hoping to see?
5) *If you have read chapter 1, please tell us your overall thoughts.

This thread will be constantly updated ^_^ Please support us!
This section to be further updated.
Director: Erisyuuki
Co-director: michelle
Writers: Erisyuuki, michelle
Editor/Proofreader/Critique: Meyismyname, icebluehost
Character Art: Batusawa, Nii-hon, Tenshio
Music: Belgerum, Aiko
Logo Art: Camille Arana
Other contributors: Bana, charlie955
(Project members or people who have helped, please let me know what name you want credited on this post, and I will add your name straight away.)
Last edited by Erisyuuki on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Blood Calls [Otome, GxB][Mystery, Suspense, Thriller]

#2 Post by Kikaharu »

<Feedback Questions>
1) After reading the premise of the game, are you interested in playing? yes I am. It seems very interesting
2) What do you think of the game concept? Pretty cool
3) Which Character are you most interested about or like the sound of so far? And why? Previous Dark King Raizer Vanev. Just interested in the Dark King and everything.
4) What ending are you expecting to see? Tragedy, happy, regret? A lot of different ones.
5) What events/story line are you hoping to see? Well this only talks about the fighting for becoming the Dark King but the Dark King is the ruler of one part of land what about the other land areas? Allies, enemies? Maybe concur and fall of places. I'm kind of hoping for more than Aemilia / Rai or Zero becoming the Dark King and that's the end of the game. I mean it would probably get to a big size game for more to go on afterwards but like I think it would be great aspect.
6) *If you have read chapter 1, please say what you like/dislike about it? Overall thoughts. I read some of it. I didn't read all because I've been up for a long time and am a bit tired. So far it's interesting so I guess I like it haha.
7) (add in) Ect. there are a few words you make a mistake on the lettering womaniser. womanizer. a z not a s. and in the chapter 1 the second spot after Aemilia just talking asking where am I? you have the word realisation. but it would be realization. again a z not a s. also "I wail, more sorrowfully" probably should be more sorrowful. and there is more writing mistakes I see. I know it's just at the beginning of creation but just wanting to make sure you know you'll need someone to look over your writing, proofreading.

I can't wait to see how this comes along and how the final game will be once it's there.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Kikaharu wrote: 7) (add in) Ect. there are a few words you make a mistake on the lettering womaniser. womanizer. a z not a s. and in the chapter 1 the second spot after Aemilia just talking asking where am I? you have the word realisation. but it would be realization. again a z not a s.
In the UK and elsewhere, English spellings are frequently different than what you see in the U.S.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4 Post by Rinima »

Kikaharu wrote: 7) (add in) Ect. there are a few words you make a mistake on the lettering womaniser. womanizer. a z not a s. and in the chapter 1 the second spot after Aemilia just talking asking where am I? you have the word realisation. but it would be realization. again a z not a s. also "I wail, more sorrowfully" probably should be more sorrowful. and there is more writing mistakes I see. I know it's just at the beginning of creation but just wanting to make sure you know you'll need someone to look over your writing, proofreading.

I can't wait to see how this comes along and how the final game will be once it's there.
Actually, the spellings are correct, since their from the UK. Please respect the difference between UK spellings and US spellings.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Kikaharu
Regular

#5 Post by Kikaharu »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Kikaharu wrote: 7) (add in) Ect. there are a few words you make a mistake on the lettering womaniser. womanizer. a z not a s. and in the chapter 1 the second spot after Aemilia just talking asking where am I? you have the word realisation. but it would be realization. again a z not a s.
In the UK and elsewhere, English spellings are frequently different than what you see in the U.S.
Rinima wrote:
Kikaharu wrote: 7) (add in) Ect. there are a few words you make a mistake on the lettering womaniser. womanizer. a z not a s. and in the chapter 1 the second spot after Aemilia just talking asking where am I? you have the word realisation. but it would be realization. again a z not a s. also "I wail, more sorrowfully" probably should be more sorrowful. and there is more writing mistakes I see. I know it's just at the beginning of creation but just wanting to make sure you know you'll need someone to look over your writing, proofreading.

Actually, the spellings are correct, since their from the UK. Please respect the difference between UK spellings and US spellings.

I did not look at their location nor did I know they spell it differently in the UK and I wasn't being mean about it just saying that it was a mistake which to US it technically is. If it's not in UK then okay they don't have to change but I was just saying that because I want the game to have nice writing. Not being mean. So they can keep it as they want then just wanted them to know if they didn't.

Also very interested in this game and like I said before can't wait to see how it comes along.

Erisyuuki

#6 Post by Erisyuuki »

Kikaharu wrote: I did not look at their location nor did I know they spell it differently in the UK and I wasn't being mean about it just saying that it was a mistake which to US it technically is. If it's not in UK then okay they don't have to change but I was just saying that because I want the game to have nice writing. Not being mean. So they can keep it as they want then just wanted them to know if they didn't.

Also very interested in this game and like I said before can't wait to see how it comes along.
We are from the UK so some spellings may be different to the american way, such as with 's' and 'z'. We know you mean well for us to point this out, so don't worry.

Thank you for your interest in our game. We hope to make more progress soon! ^_^

Meyismyname
Projects: Unplanned Amour, Last Stanza

#7 Post by Meyismyname »

Kikaharu wrote:also "I wail, more sorrowfully" probably should be more sorrowful. and there is more writing mistakes I see.
Nope. It should be "more sorrowfully" because it is describing her wailing, not herself as proven by the rest of the sentence, "than a lost wolf crying to the moon."

Kikaharu
Regular

#8 Post by Kikaharu »

Meyismyname wrote:
Kikaharu wrote:also "I wail, more sorrowfully" probably should be more sorrowful. and there is more writing mistakes I see.
Nope. It should be "more sorrowfully" because it is describing her wailing, not herself as proven by the rest of the sentence, "than a lost wolf crying to the moon."
okay just didn't sound right to me but if it sounds correct to others and others think its correct then okay. :) just trying to help.

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

Re: Blood Calls [Otome/GxB][Romance,Mystery,Suspense,Thrille

#9 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Yes. It appears that you have the setting and details of the mafia laid out as well as characters and factions. Although the mafia theme alone is enough to interest me.

Disappointing that he doesn't have art yet, but Fuwa Aoi got me interested. Although I'd like to see him evolve into becoming more than just a butler. This future thought is what got me to like him. Some sorta 'from the weakest to the strongest' kinda theme.

Tbh, I expect every ending to be some sort of near-death situation, either involving the guy or Rai, or someone related to the guy. Although it is cliche, I do think that death treads upon all the characters at some point and these situations will always leave a changing impression. Also, things that go along the lines of Rai becoming the true mafia queen of Red World, and even her future partner will be less of her and kiss her foot.

lotsa near death situations. arguments over selling drugs on MY PROPERTY. Disputes, challenges, and contests between Mafia factions over who gets to rule what area and what businesses. I feel as if all the characters should be shot at least twice the whole game.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#10 Post by Akitsuki »

I must admit that the name is disturbingly similar to a Japanese otome called Bloody Call--but I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. I only played it for a while and the story also revolved around mafia stuff as I remember. But of course it doesn't stop me from playing this one once it's finished! 8D

To be honest, I'm not a crazy fan of mafia theme, but I might as well give it a try. The part where the MC becomes one of the candidates for the successor actually interests me though.

I guess I like Nakawa Haru already--even without his sprite yet (but I do hope he'll be super handsome and cute! LOL). I like protective guy. But other than the bachelors, I'm kinda interested in Raizer Vanev and Nene Aida.

Eeeh... I don't know. I try not to guess beforehand so I can enjoy the story. But I'll guess the basic ones--the MC becomes the King or she fails, or perhaps in some routes she decides to run away with the man she loves? LOL. I'm not creative like that.

Fights! Secrets revealed! Dark history! Plot twists that Raizer is actually MC's biological father!--but probably he isn't (or any plot twists will work LOL) Probably some heart-breaking deaths as well? But as I said earlier, I prefer not to expect anything before playing the VN.

Overall, good luck with the project! I'm definitely stalking this!

Erisyuuki

#11 Post by Erisyuuki »

Akitsuki wrote:I must admit that the name is disturbingly similar to a Japanese otome called Bloody Call--but I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. I only played it for a while and the story also revolved around mafia stuff as I remember. But of course it doesn't stop me from playing this one once it's finished! 8D
xD Ah, the name for this game is supposed to be from the fact that the heroine had received blood from a King of the Red World. As the story progresses, you'll know why i decided the name Blood Calls.

And whilst the game is kind of set in a mafia-ish backdrop, the Red World is a complete new world of its own. So its going to have its own twists.

Also glad to hear you're interested ^_^

Erikka
Regular

#12 Post by Erikka »

I like Kaga Ren and Ivan Dante! They look so handsome and sexy :oops: Very good job)
The protagonist looks nice as well and the plot sounds interesting.
I hope you'll make progress in this project)

Unicorn_Magic
Regular

#13 Post by Unicorn_Magic »

Oh my bananas!! :mrgreen: This is so cool, I love the premise of this game, gives some sorta dark edgy look :twisted: Luca is such a handsome dude, am I in love?
Anyways, I was wondering, do you have any updates on this game? Is it still happening? Also, all the best for the game making, you're doing a good job on the art!

Arkhane
Regular

#14 Post by Arkhane »

Hello guys :)

1) Yes, it's a bit different from what I saw lately so I'm looking forward to it.
2) Many characters are interesting in fact :
Raizer mysterious dark king and I really love red hair and eyes. :P
Luca mysterious and cold on the outside, nothing else to add
Dante a guy who can choose whom to serve has surely more to him than good looks
Ren sometimes it's refreshing to have something who speaks his mind without second thoughts :P
Zero a brute as we love them ...
3) Good romantic endings of course !!! I don't really have any others expectations. So it's all up to you X)
4) Uncovering secrets, beating the crap out of the bad guys and falling in love
5) Loved the pillow battle :D. But too bad about Raizer's death. I'd prefered him to fake his death in order to recorver and then come back brightly :3
The beginning is long "just to read with no actions"

The story so far is interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing more development of this game and I really luv the art !!

Good luck :3

mysticichigo
Regular

#15 Post by mysticichigo »

It's pretty rare to see otomes about dating mobsters, so it definitely does. Besides, the stakes are set a lot higher than for your standard romance game- usually it's less a matter of life or death and more a matter of getting a date. The game would probably be worth playing based on that alone.

Kaga. Though usually I'd be saying Luca, since he's the type I tend to go for in otomes, something about Kaga is just really interesting to me. He seems nicer than the typical hot-head, I suppose.

It'll either be something triumphant, tragic, or some combination of the two. Those are the only ways I can see a story like this going down.

As much I would love to see a bunch of gangsters just hanging around and acting like a typical group of young adults, I'd also love it if there were tons of show-downs between different gang members. Maybe Rai and Zero could have a bunch of minor confrontations which would eventually lead to a massive battle between them and their allies?