An Alice's Job [GxB][GxG][Romance][VN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TheGentleRoemer
Projects: An Alice's Job
Organization: The Cracked Tea Company
Deviantart: Silvery-Golden-Wings

An Alice's Job [GxB][GxG][Romance][VN]

#1 Post by TheGentleRoemer »

(I hope this is alright. I'm not really sure how to use forums.) I would have put this in just the Works in Progress area but I thought starting out with the ideas section would be better(Also I have no faith in if I'll get it done within a few months so I thought that I would just switch to the other posting area once it's closer to completion). The reason I'm making this is kind of just to get my idea out to the people and let them know what's happening and because I want to know if they're interested in it (oh gosh I hope I'm doing this forum thing right haha). Anyway hopping right into it.

Plot:
A story about the Main Character (you) and your adventure in Wonderland (it kind of goes deeper then just this but that would probably just give things away). It takes place decades or centuries after Alice in Wonderland, which even though the story was fictional in this dimension of time and space actually happened, when a new Queen has come to power. You start out in your home and somehow end up in Wonderland, or as the locals call it Mirabili :D, where you decide to defeat the Red Queen by getting together a team of misfits who are against the Red Queen. This includes The Pawn, The White Rabbit, The Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, The Mad Hatter, The March Hare, The Dor Mouse, The White Queen, Tweedle Dee, and Tweedle Dum (Though they won't join your team if you don't answer certain questions correctly and they get harder to get as the game progresses) and you can die in a lot of heinous ways if you make the wrong choices or just stupid choices in general.

I guess if you have any other questions ask me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability haha. Oh right. Also if you get all of the good endings with the characters it opens up the TRUE ENDING so playing through multiple times is a thing that might want to be done with this game.

edit 04/26/2015: I'm gonna try adding to the description.
You seem to live such a peaceful life in your home even when dealing with the horrible family that seems even worse in your mind. When a man at your backdoor kidnaps you and takes you away you aren't really too angry. It is in this new world that you learn about the horrid actions of a reigning queen and decide to take action against her to save namely yourself. With this in mind you have the mission of procuring the help of others who are fighting against the queen. Joining your team are the members of well known families who are there to bring down the queen as much as you are. Although this is the case you yourself can't help always thinking that something is off and the nightmares you have each night aren't doing much for your beauty sleep either. Make friends, meet your doom, or try to be the queen that you never knew you were. All options are placed before you all you have to do is make the choice. (This sort of makes it sound epic or something haha.)

Characters (For now I'll just do main characters):
Alice (Main Character) - She's the main character of the story and she has a changeable name (the default name is Riven) and her situation in life is highly unusual. (I guess that's as much as I'll elaborate on that.)

Alain Pion (The Pawn) Romance-able- He's one of the lowest ranking in the army that works under the queen with the White Rabbit Regime being somewhere near the top. He embodies your typical shy guy character with a bit of a twist. He has a habit of being impatient and he's almost like a wild animal in battle. His skills range from sword fighting to magic so he's all around pretty reliable but he doesn't have the personality to match.

Theodore Lapin (The White Rabbit) Romance-able - He's the leader of the White Rabbit Regime and heir to the whole estate that his parents own. He embodies the logical character. He's short but doesn't let that stop him from kicking others butts. He has skill mostly in sword play and his magic level is rather low so he can't really use magic that well.

Kyle Félin (The Cheshire Cat) Romance-able - He's a fun loving guy who also happens to be a part time thief. He hangs around clearings in case campers decide to well camp out and then steals some food from them. Nothing too big. He's pretty care free but he's got abs and muscles galore because of the time he spends climbing trees and just generally working out to pass the time.

Julia Chenille (The Caterpillar) Romance-able - She's cool calm and collected and she's almost always got a smoke in her mouth. She has a model like body and the brains to think clearly in most situations. She mostly dabbles in magic and making odd concoctions. On top of all that she's pretty good at reading situations as well and she knows the forest pretty well. She owns The Caterpillar Joint which she got from her great grandfather after he died. She has a large distaste for the Red Queen.

William Fou (The Mad Hatter) Romance-able - He's not really crazy per say but his family isn't exactly normal. He spends his time with his tea and his friends as well as hiding from the queen. He was the first to pull out of his contract with the Queen and has been in hiding ever since. He's a good ally to have since he has a number of strong magics at his disposal and his friends aren't anything to laugh at either.

Patrick Lièvre (The March Hare) - He's William Fou's friend and spends his time drinking tea with him. Where The Mad Hatter goes he goes.

Duke Souris (The Dor Mouse) - Pretty much the same as Patrick except he doesn't talk. At all. He's silent. And just stares at people. Like he's able to communicate that way. And Patrick and William seem to understand his stares like they are words. Friendship man Friendship.

Reine Anderson (The Red Queen) - The Red Queen, she's the one that everyone is going against and. . .yeah. . .talking about her will probably give away a lot of the story.

Clair Anderson (The White Queen(Duchess)) - She's not really against the Red Queen but she surely doesn't support what she's doing. She spends her time secluded from everyone and only employs two door guards to keep people out. She's not really a people person and she takes care of her small plot of land alone. Her only relation to royalty is the fact that she's related to the Red Queen but she won't say how and she doesn't like that topic being brought up.

Tweedle Dee - Clair's door guard number 1. Also Peppy and upbeat but not as energetic as Tweedle Dum. He talks pretty normally except for when he's talking to his sister.

Tweedle Dum- Clair's door guard number 2. Peppy and upbeat with not a very good head on her shoulders. She talks oddly and she has strange conversations with her brother.

Questions for the viewer (I hope these are okay questions...):
How do you think the idea is coming so far?
I want to have voice acting involved in this. Do you know anybody?
(I'm really bad with coming up with questions...)
What do you like about the idea?
What don't you like? (Yikes. The dreaded question. Haha.)
Would you play it? Once? Twice? All routes?(These questions are getting lame. This should be enough.)

Edit 11/6/2015: I have now had the pleasure of meeting a fine artist and now I am no longer just a one woman team. On top of this I have gotten around to writing my story and it is progressing slowly but surely. Some art has been added of the most recent versions of Alain, Theodore, and Reed, and some background images.
Attachments
Alice's Room 11/6/2015
Alice's Room 11/6/2015
Living Room 11/6/2015
Living Room 11/6/2015
Forest 11/6/2015
Forest 11/6/2015
Hallway 11/6/2015
Hallway 11/6/2015
Main Menu 11/6/2015
Main Menu 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Reed 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Reed 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Theodore (The White Rabbit) 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Theodore (The White Rabbit) 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Alain 11/6/2015
Most Recent Version of Alain 11/6/2015
Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, Marian, and Mother
Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, Marian, and Mother
Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, The White Rabbit, and The Mad Hatter
Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, The White Rabbit, and The Mad Hatter
Red King, White King, Mouse, and March Hare
Red King, White King, Mouse, and March Hare
Red Queen and White Queen
Red Queen and White Queen
This is The Pawn (Alain) and Alice (You the main character) they are the first sketch ideas that I have for the characters.
This is The Pawn (Alain) and Alice (You the main character) they are the first sketch ideas that I have for the characters.
Last edited by TheGentleRoemer on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: An Alice's Job [GxB][GxG][Romance][VN]

#2 Post by Laiska »

I think that, since you've started to put actual work into the project, it might be okay for the WIPs section, but you can definitely keep it here for now until you're ready!

It sounds like you've got some pretty good thoughts for it so far. Since you say you want to have a lot of endings, you want to be sure to really outline it properly so that you know how everything will flow, and how much work you'll have to do. I'd also keep the paths to the multiple good endings on the shorter side, if a player will be required to play them all to get the true ending, since players tend not to have a lot of time to invest.

As far as voice acting, are you looking to have full voice acting? Or just some flavor lines (things like "hi" "goodbye" "thank you" etc)? The former is a really huge endeavor, which I would recommend not even considering until you have a full script and see what you're working with, especially since I don't think most VAs would want to attach themselves to a project that they don't know the scope of. Figure out exactly what you've want of the actors before you go looking for them.

Too be frank, I don't really like the theme, because I've already seen so, so many takes on the Wonderland story, most of them not particularly unique. I do like that this will be a dangerous story though. It's always fun when you can die :)

Keep up the planning though, it seems like you've got something here!

TheGentleRoemer
Projects: An Alice's Job
Organization: The Cracked Tea Company
Deviantart: Silvery-Golden-Wings

Re: An Alice's Job [GxB][GxG][Romance][VN]

#3 Post by TheGentleRoemer »

Laiska wrote:I think that, since you've started to put actual work into the project, it might be okay for the WIPs section, but you can definitely keep it here for now until you're ready!

It sounds like you've got some pretty good thoughts for it so far. Since you say you want to have a lot of endings, you want to be sure to really outline it properly so that you know how everything will flow, and how much work you'll have to do. I'd also keep the paths to the multiple good endings on the shorter side, if a player will be required to play them all to get the true ending, since players tend not to have a lot of time to invest.

As far as voice acting, are you looking to have full voice acting? Or just some flavor lines (things like "hi" "goodbye" "thank you" etc)? The former is a really huge endeavor, which I would recommend not even considering until you have a full script and see what you're working with, especially since I don't think most VAs would want to attach themselves to a project that they don't know the scope of. Figure out exactly what you've want of the actors before you go looking for them.

Too be frank, I don't really like the theme, because I've already seen so, so many takes on the Wonderland story, most of them not particularly unique. I do like that this will be a dangerous story though. It's always fun when you can die :)

Keep up the planning though, it seems like you've got something here!
Yeah. For now the voice acting is kind of just a dream that I'm sure will come true haha. I mean I would love to do voice acting but I know that it's a timely task that will be kind of a long endeavor.

With the routes they probably won't end up being long since the scripting I've done so far has it so that you still have the skipping ability. The characters join your group over the course of time so if the dialogue has been seen before the option to skip through it is there. It'll probably be a pretty okay length game. I'm not really sure how long at the moment but it'll all really depend on how the dialogue flows along. I've got the general aspects mapped out but the way in which it all happens depends on how the characters will develop as time goes on.

I know it seems like the theme is very typical, and I'm sure it is, but there is a twist. A big twist maybe? I don't know for sure if people have done the twist I'm thinking about before. I'm hoping that once people play through to get the true ending they'll be like "WHUT NO WAY" or something along those lines. Haha. It's hard to explain.

Yes! I always liked the fact that you could die as a concept. That may be because I have a habit of killing off my characters a lot when I'm writing something. On top of being able to die yourself if you make the wrong choices near the end you could also end up getting other character killed off as well. So being cautious in choosing your answers is important.

This all makes the script really complicated to map out but. . .I'm going to do it with all my heart and soul (and sore fingers).