Our Healing Hearts [OELVN][Romance][BxG][Kinetic/Choice]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

Our Healing Hearts [OELVN][Romance][BxG][Kinetic/Choice]

#1 Post by demonicbagel »

Our Healing Hearts - A Romantic Comedy Kinetic Choice Visual Novel
Chase is an aspiring Film Producer and Director in college. His future as a baseball player shattered after an accident injured his leg, Chase has been hard at work to become a film maker capable of giving his audiences stories they’ll love forever. As he struggles to please his professors and peers, Chase deals with the chaos that is his life. His mother pesters him to get married, his father, who was upset that baseball was out of the picture, gives poor advice for film making and relationships, and his little sister, Ella is always causing some sort of mischief. Not to mention the obnoxious manager he works under at the local movie theater. However, on his way home from work one day, a chance meeting with a beautiful disabled girl named Anastasia sends Chase, literally, sprawling to the ground. After this meeting, Chase feels that he wishes to see Anastasia more, and his meetings with this girl brings a new set of problems, as boundless drama and obstacles appear. However, through it all, Chase sees some things going his way, and he’s determined to achieve his goals, win the girl, and brighten up the world with his stories.

Greetings. I am Mike, and the name of my team is Purple Panda. I have posted a basic synopsis of this before in the Creator's Corner, however, I have a bit more to add. I don't consider the project to be worked on enough for the Works in Progress section, as what I will be putting here is literally all that we've got so far.

Our Healing Hearts is an Original English Language Visual Novel. It will be a Kinetic Choice game, meaning that, once the story of Anastasia, the first and canon girl, is complete, then a handful of other paths will be opened to players for them to complete. Of course, while Anastasia's story is locked in certain ways, players will be able to, like with the unlockable routes, manipulate Chase's personality and decisions in a few ways. These decisions, while not compromising Chase's integrity, morality, or treatment of others, will change Chase's outlook on certain things. His ideas, interests, and the movie that he starts work on some time into the story will be affected; other things will be affected, as well, but they won't play a big part of the story, and are there for further tailoring to the story.

As it stands, I plan to have a total of four extra routes for players to choose once Ana's story has completed. Off the bat, I will be creating two of these routes with characters already in the Visual Novel.
1) Lilli is Chase's childhood friend. She is a savant when it comes to painting, but is a social recluse for the most part due to Asperger's Syndrome. The only people she can stand being around are Chase, his parents, and her [Lilli's] own family.
2) Amy is Chase's upbeat, obnoxious, usually sarcastic manager at the Arton Theater. She enjoys making fun and teasing Chase, but this isn't out of spite or malice, but rather because she harbors secret feelings for him, and resorts to jokes to keep herself from hurting as he continues to be oblivious to her feelings (which she doesn't exactly make obvious).

Assuming that the Kickstarter that I launch once a satisfactory amount of work has been done to the script and other things I can do without money - is successful, and that the "Diamond Tier" reward for two pledgers of $500 are taken, said pledgers will be given the chance to work with me and the team to come up with the other two romanceable characters that will fit into the story. These characters will be female, as Chase is heterosexual. For each $500 pledge out of the two that is NOT taken, I will be putting in my own story to make up for this. However, I hope that a couple people will be interested enough to participate.

Of course $500 is a lot of money just to make a major character, so those people will naturally get the other rewards that we ultimately decide on (minus the minor character creation reward in the Gold Tier)

----------------------

Here is the Chapter 0 Text-Only demo link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hihntx3tiv0fb ... n.zip?dl=0

Right now, we only have a couple pieces of artwork.

Bigger version inside spoiler (Edit: It seems that the spoiler isn't working for some reason. Apologies for the large photo.)
This is an unrefined drawing of Anastasia by Aviala. It does not represent a finished sprite.

Before we can work on further artwork, including backgrounds, CGS, sprites, etc, we must amass about $500. I don't know how I'm going to go about doing that since I can't find a job anywhere, but I'm exhausting every option. Any recommendations on how I could do this would be appreciated.

I am currently trying to write a script, but am currently in a bit of a writer's block rut. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon, though. I am thoroughly determined to see this project come to fruition. I will regret it forever if I can't accomplish this project with my team.

This is the Twitter to Our Healing Hearts - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

This is the tumblr blog for the project - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/
Attachments
rough drawing done by the CG artist, Deeyosa.
rough drawing done by the CG artist, Deeyosa.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee