Land of Mist (GXB/Fantasy/Romance/Free/Otome Kind of?)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Writer16
Regular
Projects: Shades (GXB/Romance/Short/Silly/Freeware)
Tumblr: my-allisondiamond-world
Deviantart: allisondiamond1

Land of Mist (GXB/Fantasy/Romance/Free/Otome Kind of?)

#1 Post by Writer16 »

imageedit_10_4160678327.gif
imageedit_10_4160678327.gif (446.7 KiB) Viewed 4208 times
"Hidden beneath the stars, behind the moons, above the suns, under the seas, deep in the sands, is the portal out of Land of Mist.
But remember this, nothing ever free comes from magic.
And there's always a price.
A price so succulent yet so poisonous.
Be careful about what you do and who you trust.
I was warned,
but was there any valid behind those words?
And this is how my story begins."

Summary: Step into Rachel Bosworth's world as she discovers an ancient amulet tucked between the pages of an old book that has been in her family for generations. As a journalist, she finds herself getting more intrigued as she discovers an ancient script hidden inside the amulet. Reading the script aloud, she finds herself transported to a fantasy land that's known as Land of Mist. A land where time stands still, and where your nightmares are real and can be deadly. There she meets, a vampire hunter, her vampire boyfriend, two angels, and somehow, her best friend Lucy, join her in the Land of Mist. With the help of her new acquaintances, she struggles to find a way out of this nightmarish alternate universe.

Features:

* Two obtainable guys.

* A fantasy land

* A girlish, slash, klutzy heroine

* Four Endings

Characters:

Rachel Bosworth
image.jpg
"Everything is so icky and gooey."

Rachel is the MC of Land of Mist.
She's a journalist, fashionista, and a very emotional chick.

Castiel Casterrock
image.jpg

"Nothing is as it seems; no one is what they appear to be. Capture the truth, and dig for the hidden meaning."

Castile is one of the love interests.
He's a flirt, uses words to his advantage, and hides his emotions well.

Arch Fairyweather (Evangolish)
image.jpg

"Sometimes, forgiveness can be earned. Sometimes, it shan't be earned."

Arch is another one of the love interests.
He's a sensible, well-composed, but has a dark past.

Gemma Aikens
image.jpg

"Slaying vamps is better than sanity."

Gemma's a vampire hunter.
She views vampires and all monsters as objects that need to be killed (expect for Hotch as he was turned when they were dating). She's tough, yet gentle and isn't afraid to show her feminine side, but she also gets angry very easily.

Lucy McCarthy
image.jpg
"Oops, I got myself in this!"

Lucy's Rachel best friend.

They grew up together, next door neighbors. She comes from a wealthy family, but is trying to earn her own wages, which isn't working out well. She changes her outfits very often, and her mood. She's usually immature, quick-tempered, and can be very cheap.

Hotch
image.jpg
"I might be dead, but I don't count as a vampire, and it has nothing to do with me getting my soul.

Hotch is Gemma's boyfriend.
He cracks jokes that aren't funny, so he chooses not to speak when around people. He also doesn't hate the idea of being a vampire, even if he can't bite a human.

Progress:

~ Story/Outlines: 100%

~ Art: 25% (Will be rendered images since anime-styled art don't apply to this, and I don't have money to pay for professional art. But mostly, because I like to work solo. Will not have a lot of variations to show scenes).

~ Script:
Prologue: 100%
Chapter 1: 0%
Chapter 2: 0%
Chapter 3: 0%
Chapter 4: 0%
Chapter 5: 0%
Chapter 6: 0%
Chapter 7: 0%
Chapter 8: 0%
Chapter 9: 0%
Chapter 10: 0%

~ Music/BGM: 0%

~ Backgrounds: 1%

~ Coding: 0%

~ Proofreading: 0%

~Testing: 0%

Questions

1. How's the plot so far? Is it interesting? Confusing?

2. Based on the quotes, and the few bad rendered images, how's the characters sounding?

3. Should I add on more about the characters? Age, occupation, likes, dislikes? Background? Or is the quote fine?

4. Should I redo the art so far? Is it bad, good, decent?

Credits:

~ Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

~ Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

- Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

- http://www.pixabay.com

Note: This is something that I'm planning on developing in a novel for more than a year now. I've already developed these characters, but I never officially envisioned the first time they met, so this is where this comes in. I know where the story is going, but not sure how long this will take to be finished, or how often I'll redo things like character designs (the rendered image). Or if I'll take advantage of the free artists, but then again, I don't know about that. I don't like asking for free art when it takes a lot to create. I guess if anyone's interested to doing the arts, I'll most likely consider it.

Will add in more characters than the six MC, and explain more.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by Writer16 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"You can fix anything but a blank page." -- Nora Roberts.

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

Writer16
Regular

Re: Land of Mist (GXB/Fantasy/Romance/Free/Otome Kind of?)

#2 Post by Writer16 »

Redid the logo. Will add more stuffs and explain the world and characters vaugely soon.
Attachments
imageedit_10_4160678327.gif
imageedit_10_4160678327.gif (446.7 KiB) Viewed 4276 times

"An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try." -- Jen Knox.

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." -- Abraham Lincoln.

Writer16
Regular

#3 Post by Writer16 »

A little update of the process.

Finished rewriting the prologue.

I know most VNs are written in first person, but I'm thinking of going third person. I'll see how that works out. If it doesn't fit the storytelling or feel odd when making decisions, I'll go with first person. I still think it can done with some very careful planning, and written a certain way.

There will be four endings: one with Castiel's route; one with Arch's route; a normal ending; and a bad ending. Since this is a novel I'll be working on, these endings all have to fit to remain true to the story. When going for the love interests' routes, there will like a backstory to them; both of the guys will go through different paths, but one of the routes might contain, slash, share, certain elements and characters in the other route.

This will get a tad dark.

From the vague info I've given, who's more interesting to you; Castiel or Arch?

Anyway, I'm communicating with an artist, so they might be new pics for these guys, or not.

Writer16
Regular

#4 Post by Writer16 »

A little update.

So, I started this first chapter, really started it. So, I found a storytelling style that might work, but I'm not sure if it worked or not.

I took long and deliberate steps toward the dusty pathway to the attic.

The light waned away and darkness swept across the room as I closed the door gently with my freshly manicured nails. A girl had to look her best. Even in the dark, I could feel a pair of leering eyes, watching and taunting me, until its vicious glow, a blend of gold and silver, swallowed me whole.

These nightmares of the golden and silver irises had been plaguing for me ever since I received that strange and musky book from my mom. I hadn’t even brush the dust off the book’s hard brown cover, or even flip through the pages yet. Still, these icky and gooey nightmares remained constant.

Sometimes, I believed that hidden in that book were inconspicuous droplets of nightmarish potions, and then, I would remember how absurd and stupid that idea was really.

Yet, I still wanted that shroud of mist to take these icky and gooey nightmares away. When I was a kid, my grams used to tell me about this shroud of mist that consumed all of the bad things in the world. I chuckled at the memory; god, I could be such a kid at times. It would be hidden beneath the clouds, far away from the light sky-blue night sky, but would be close enough to find you when you needed it the most. Grams believed heavily in mythology and folklore.

I would like to hear your thoughts if you would like to add anything. Since, this is a rough draft, there is a lot to be done here; to be polished and edited. Depends on how often I edit this as I write too.

polarisked

#5 Post by polarisked »

I like the idea! The plot is good; I feel like this would be more popular if the artwork was digital art instead of pictures of real people, but of course it's just an opinion! Good luck in getting your artist! Oh, you could get some character art from the Creator's Common section if you want! All of it is already made and ready to be used and credited, the creators would love it if their art was used for this! So no worries that you might burden them, though it does mean your characters won't be specialized for you (totally no problem tho.). I would totally read this if this was a novel though, just to tell you! xD (bc i love your writing)

I'd prefer Castiel, and I love the plot. I guess I just like flirts xD

Anyways, since you've been planning this for a long time, I hope you can finish it! Good luck!

Writer16
Regular

#6 Post by Writer16 »

polarisked wrote:I like the idea! The plot is good; I feel like this would be more popular if the artwork was digital art instead of pictures of real people, but of course it's just an opinion! Good luck in getting your artist! Oh, you could get some character art from the Creator's Common section if you want! All of it is already made and ready to be used and credited, the creators would love it if their art was used for this! So no worries that you might burden them, though it does mean your characters won't be specialized for you (totally no problem tho.). I would totally read this if this was a novel though, just to tell you! xD (bc i love your writing)

I'd prefer Castiel, and I love the plot. I guess I just like flirts xD

Anyways, since you've been planning this for a long time, I hope you can finish it! Good luck!
Hi, thanks for the interest. I really don't mind photo-rendered images, but I'm talking stuffs out with an artist, so maybe, this will use a cartoonish or comicish style, or not. The CC's images are great, but the images don't work for my characters. You see, my characters are kind of older (Castiel and Arch and not to name a few more) so they don't really work. But thanks for the suggestion; I really appericated it.

I like Cas too; he's definetly an interesting character, and wasn't supposed to be there. No Castiel equals not the story I had for Arch's background.

- Allison Diamond