Queen's Crown (gxb)(Fantasy)(Romance)(Drama)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

Re: Queen's Crown (gxb)(Fantasy)(Romance)(Drama)

#16 Post by Agashi »

Thanks for the support, Harliqueen! I will absolutely be releasing a demo, but I want to be further along in the writing process before promising any dates. 8)

It's funny you say you like Noah. I wrote the Emry route for myself as the romance I most wanted to play, but Noah became something of a dark horse as I outlined his route. I wasn't expecting to like him as much as I ended up. :lol:
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Agashi
Regular

#17 Post by Agashi »

UPDATE:

First post has been edited to reflect some big changes that have been made, particularly the decision to remove Desmond as a romance-able option. It was hard, as I am still very fond of him - I'm fond of all my boys, even Teiran, that jerk - but I feel this will serve the story best in the long run. Parts of his route felt very forced and took away opportunities to flesh out the main plot properly.

I may entertain the possibility of adding him back in later on if there is interest in more content, but for now, we shall have no Horse-Master. Alas.

ALSO, LavenderLotte has recently come aboard as a second writer, and is doing lovely work behind-the-scenes as resident wordsmith and idea-bouncer. :D

And finally, the first of Emry's encounters has been written! :mrgreen: To give you an idea, it has about 1800 words and there are five points where the player can choose their path, with 2-4 branching options in each.
Current Projects:

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#18 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Squee!!! This game sounds amazing! :D I look forward to playing the demo. And it seems like the writing is taking off. This truly seems like a fun endeavor to make and to watch. Long Live the Queen is a wonderful game, but there was room for a lot of possibilities. I'm glad you used your creativity to make something new. I look forward to your updates.

Agashi
Regular

#19 Post by Agashi »

Midnighticequeen wrote:Squee!!! This game sounds amazing! :D I look forward to playing the demo. And it seems like the writing is taking off. This truly seems like a fun endeavor to make and to watch. Long Live the Queen is a wonderful game, but there was room for a lot of possibilities. I'm glad you used your creativity to make something new. I look forward to your updates.
Thank you for the support, Midnight! The writing is slowly plodding along, but I think I'm settling into a good rhythm.

UPDATE:

Emry's 2nd encounter has been written and the first post will be edited. This one came out to be about 2000 words, with 6 choices and 2-4 options in each.

Random things I found myself researching for the encounter: lady undergarments in medieval times (what EXACTLY is a petticoat? A chemise?!), what trees are best for climbing? And LOTS of synonyms for the word "propriety."
Current Projects:

Agashi
Regular

#20 Post by Agashi »

UPDATE:

We've found a wonderful sprite artist in nero279! Anyone who's not familiar with her work can find examples HERE. Also, ShojiAmasawa is hard at work creating a logo that I'm sure will be fabulous. His thread is here.

Also, I am officially announcing that the free demo of Queen's Crown will be tentatively scheduled for a January 2016 release. Since the game will be divided into 20 "weeks" of time, the demo will feature the first 7 weeks worth of content! You will be able to learn the game mechanics, get a healthy dose of story, and interact at least twice with each male lead - possibly three times depending on your choices.
Progress Report for the Demo: Updated 12/07/15

Planning Stage - DONE

Main Route - 28% In progress
Emry Route - DONE
Noah Route - 10% In progress
Teiran Route - 40% In progress

Art - 80% (Nero is finishing up the lineart and final coloring, and once she's done with that, she'll add expressions.)

Coding - Ugh...
Last edited by Agashi on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Current Projects:

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#21 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh, looks like the sprites are going to be awesome!

20 weeks? Sounds like the game's gonna be a big one- can't wait to try it out in the demo next year :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Agashi
Regular

#22 Post by Agashi »

Yep! :mrgreen: I'm lucky and very excited to be working with her.

And yeah... about that wordcount. Judging based on what's been written so far, I'm estimating that the final product will be about 150,000 words long. To be fair, the player will only be able to see about 90,000 words of this during a single playthrough, as you can only pursue one romance at a time, but yes... that's quite a lot. :lol:

UPDATE:

Week One of the main route is now written! It is about 4500 words long, with about five or six choices and 3-5 branching options for each. First post will be updated, as will the demo countdown post above!

Also, nero is doing lovely things with the sprites behind the scenes! I can't wait to share them with everyone. :wink:
Current Projects:

Agashi
Regular

#23 Post by Agashi »

UPDATE:

After a long Thanksgiving vacation, and working on some other projects to earn a little money, I'm back to the grind! :mrgreen: Week Two is done! At a staggering 5900 words, it's my largest chunk of writing yet. Hopefully, the weeks will not get any longer than this as this chapter was packed full of introductions to characters and more exposition.

Now I'm off to edit a little bit and then tackle Noah's romance. ALSO! The sprites for Emry, Noah, Teiran, and a few other major characters are COMPLETE! They will be posted shortly in the WIP thread I plan to create within the next few days.

A question: do most people move their threads over to WIP through a mod, or do they typically create new ones? Either way, this will likely be my last update in the ideas forum. :D Hurrah!

Check the DEMO progress post above for detailed progress reports!
Current Projects:

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#24 Post by Katta »

I'm really excited that you're making good progress and looking forward to the demo in January! It's almost here))
I think people do both ways - some ask the mods to move the thread (f. ex. to keep comments), some start a new one.

Agashi
Regular

#25 Post by Agashi »

Thank you very much, Katta! I hope you'll continue to follow progress over on the new WIP thread I ended up making over HERE.

Adios, everybody! :wink:
Current Projects: