A Lot of Firsts

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
GuyFromYonder
Projects: "One Last Tear" and "A Lot of Firsts"

A Lot of Firsts

#1 Post by GuyFromYonder »

Hello all! I am a new visual novel artist (or whatever it is called) and I am currently writing a Visual Novel called "A Lot of Firsts."
I'm this romantic comedy, you follow a very relate-able teenage boy that is trying to survive his Sophomore year of high school after multiple embarrassing experiences during his Freshman year. He realizes that he needs to become a new man and sets out in school to correct all of his wrongs in the ninth grade.

This is my first visual novel and I hope that you all enjoy it. When I first started, I assumed that it would be much simpler creating a VN. I was under the impression that the Ren'py engine would be more of a drag and drop characters and click to make a text box sort of thing.

That aside, I hope that you will all like my VN when it comes out and I am always open for suggestions and tips.

Before I end off, I would like to know if there are any voice actors, artists, or music composers that are willing to provide for "A Lot of Firsts."

I hope this turns out well and I can't wait to see the feedback. Thanks!!!

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

Re: A Lot of Firsts

#2 Post by verysunshine »

Hey there! Welcome to Ren'py and the Lemma Soft Forums. Your visual novel seems interesting, but it might be moved to Ideas because you do not have much work shown yet. VNs take a lot of work, as you have discovered. PyTom, the creator of Renp'y and all-around cool dude, made an introduction to the WIP forum. Here's an excerpt:
PyTom wrote:Being posted in this Works in Progress forum will bring a lot of attention to your game. Many people will spend time discussing your game and helping you to create it. If you don't eventually release a game, much of that time will have been wasted. Because of that, we have the requirement that to be posted in this forum, you show that your game is under production.

This isn't difficult - being able to show screenshots or production quality assets like art and writing, is enough to pass this bar. We just want to make sure your game is more than just a setting and a list of characters.

If you haven't been working on a game for a least a week, and the release is far off, it may be more appropriate to post in the Ideas forum. If you're not sure if your game is ready to be posted, please send a PM to the Admin team, and we will help you decide.
If you have any questions, please ask. There are always people willing to help you out. Creating a visual novel might be scary at first, but with some buddies by your side, it's a very rewarding experience. Good luck!

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!