The Midnight Violinist (GxB, simulation, slice of life)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jenny800

The Midnight Violinist (GxB, simulation, slice of life)

#1 Post by Jenny800 »

Story: The Midnight Violinist

Genre: otome, horror, simulation, stat raising

synopsis: Christine Day is a young violinist, travelling the world with her father Gustave as his career takes him many places. One day however, Christine's father insists that she return to her hometown and stay in their old home...alone. Rather against this but having little choice in the matter, Christine returns home to find not much has changed in her small town and she quickly falls back into her old routine.

On her first day of school, Christine is reunited with childhood crush and best friend Ralph Chandler, the son of the principle of her school and who wastes no time in trying to re instigate their romance of days past. She also runs into meg, her female best friend and now star of the school's dance program who is all too eager to start encouraging Christine to perform her violin for the masses again, a thought that frankly terrifies her. Finally she manages to catch the attention of a rather quiet and brash young man who barely says two words to her, yet is in all of her classes and seems to constantly have his eyes on her.

Safe to say this will NOT be an easy last year of highschool.

features:

The game will feature, so far about 8 characters, this is subject to change depending on if i can get someone more skilled with drawing xD

there will be romance, friendship, and rivalry paths available for all the student characters.

normal otome endings of perfect, good, and bad, depending on how macabre i feel i might throw some horror endings in for if you massively screw up >:3

i would like to include CG but i will definitely need an artist for that, so for now, maybe.

scheduling and stat raising

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA HIGH SCHOOL AU, PHANS GATHER ROUND 8D

Main Characters:

Name: Christine Day

height: 5'0"

personality concept: Very quiet especially in new settings. Yet she is very serious and devoted when it comes to her studies, even more so when it comes to music. Very headstrong and determined, but unfortunately also very naive which can make for a deadly combo as she is easily convinced of something and then defends it steadfastly, right or wrong.

History: Christine grew up in a single parent household, her mother having died of heart complications shortly after she was born. She has had far from a rough life, though perhaps not always comfortable, her dad ensures she has what she needs, and usually submits to most her desires. Her dad found work as a traveling violinist, and this meant Christine was forced to leave her hometown at a young age to travel with him and during this time, she too developed a rather prodigious talent for the violin, yet she refused to play for anybody, seemingly terrified of crowds. She spent most of her life on the move being homeschooled, but for her final year of highschool, her father sent her back to her hometown alone, not bothering to explain why, but promising to send her an allowance to help her live.

Name: ???

height: 5'7"

personality: A very mysterious and quiet young man. He is often seen lurking around the theater after school hours, fiddling with this or that equipment, no matter what any of the club members seem to say. Other than this odd little habit however he keeps mostly to himself and is avoided by most of the student body, having been labelled a loner.

History: Completely and utterly unknown, even by the school faculty.

Name: Ralph Chandler

height: 5'7"

personality: A very outgoing and prince like young man. Is friends with pretty much everyone at school and leader of the popular crowd. Despite this he is very down to earth and gentle, staying after school to help with the drama club as well as leading the study club to help students with their homework. Can be a bit overbearing and forceful when doing what he believes to be right, and sometimes does not think about other peoples feelings when making plans.

History: Ralph grew up in a very blessed type of life. His family was upper class, they had a beautiful home, his parents loved each other. He had a wonderful older brother and two younger sisters. Knew Christine when they were younger, but lost contact with her when she moved away due to time constraints.

name: Carly Giudicelli

height: 5'5"

Personality: Your typical diva with rich parents. Carlotta has little care for anyone outside herself and only cares about being a star. Is perfectly fine with humiliating and stepping on anyone in her way of being the star of the drama club, and actually makes a bit of a sport out of humilliating new members until they know their place.

History: Carlotta grew up in a pretty average life. She had rich parents who spoiled her rotten and developed an ego the size of texas. Her mother thrust her into stardom at a young age and it went straight to Carlotta's head, and so whenever she would take a break for the school year, she would treat the other students like peasants. Safe to say this earned her the ire of the entire student body, but perhaps because of her parents wealth and fame, perhaps because of her own, no one ever dared confront her.

Name: Meg

height: 5'0"

personality: A very sweet and bubbly girl with a heart of pure gold. She loves everyone around her and tries to encourage them all in their dreams and ambitions. Naturally expected she is extremly naive and innocent, easily led along and manipulated, yet never taking offense to any of it.

History: Just an everyday, middle class girl. Her mother owns a local ballet studio and is well known for the results she gets out of students. Has been studying dance under the tutelage of her mother since she was only five years old and is extraordinarily skilled at it.

Artist: Open to any volunteers!

Program: Renpy
Last edited by Jenny800 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quackor101

Re: The Midnight Violinist (GxB, simulation, slice of life)

#2 Post by Quackor101 »

I'm really interested in this! I already adore Meg :3 but then again I have a soft spot for that type of pure hearted character. The other characters are interesting, and I especially like Christine and her talent for the violin, it could be interesting.
(As a side note, the characters are all really short. Back in my senior year I don't think there was a guy in the grade shorter than 6foot, but then again they were all pretty tall...)
I hope you find a good artist for this, I want to see this made!

Jenny800

#3 Post by Jenny800 »

xD really? If that's the case i may adjust the heights because clearly i know alot of short men xD Also don;t worry too much because i am bound and determined to make this, i'd just really prefer to use original character sprites as opposed to the more common free ones online.....or i'll attempt to draw them myself (but that would be a really bad idea) xD

Myra
Regular

#4 Post by Myra »

Oooh, I can't do much as far as being an artist but I'd be happy to help with planning/writing and at least some basic programming (I'm learning but I've successfully coded several if or elif statements that lead to various options in dialogue and what not.) If you need any of those things. I love POTO and while there is another japanese otome game with the same theme (POTO) it's a bit more adult. If you want any aid on this project let me know, sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Otherwise, I wish you luck with getting this further along.