Where Your Heart Is (VN, very early stages)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Myra
Regular

Where Your Heart Is (VN, very early stages)

#1 Post by Myra »

I've been brainstorming this game for a while and finally have some artwork to add along with the general idea.

Where Your Heart Is will be an otome styled VN.

The story will follow a MC who has returned to the small town where she was born and raised after having left to go to college. Her grandmother has died and left her the small hotel she ran for as long as the MC can remember. 'Where Your Heart Is' - the name of the inn in question has many secrets that the MC will come to learn in her time at the business. One of which is it's clientele', which is made up of supernatural creatures, some that come in and out and others that work or live there full time. In exploring this new revelation as to the world there's much that needs to be decided: Should she give up her college dreams to take up her grandmother's position of running the hotel? Should she sell the hotel and return to the city? Will she even survive to choose if she doesn't tread carefully in this new world of the supernatural?

Programming: The basic skeleton of the first chapter has been planned but specific scenes still need to be finished and added into it.

Two of the character's that are permanent residents of the inn/hotel:

Nikolai:

An often mischievous vampire always looking out for himself and whatever entertains him that moment. He works as a bouncer at a nearby club and why he's staying in this small town when he finds it so dull remains a mystery:

Calin:

A no-nonsense, all-too-literal, mage that rents the basement of Where Your Heart Is Inn as an apartment. He often doesn't speak unless spoken too but loves to cook when he's not stuck with his nose in a book:

I haven't gotten the artwork ready yet but there will also be:

"Alain:"

A member of the Fae that has a tiny room but works keeping the massive grounds outside the building with the wide variety of flora that cover the land. He is rarely seen inside other than to eat or sleep, and very much dislikes automobiles.

"Teagan:"

A female werewolf that is the general manager and cleaning staff in one. Outcast from her own pack for being so extremely docile. She is farthest from 'alpha' that one could get. However, she does well with keeping all the funds and day to day needs of the inn from bed making to reservations.

I plan to still edit this a bit more but just to give folks an idea:

The other base sketches I have for the title view are currently only in my sketch book and not online yet but I will be updating as I have the time to do so with more examples and discussion of how things are going. I hope to eventually find the time to finish and upload at least a demo of the first chapter.
Last edited by Myra on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

spearcarrier
Regular
Projects: The Heavenly Bride
Organization: The Apocalypse Writers
Deviantart: spearcarrier

Re: Where Your Heart Is (VN, very early stages)

#2 Post by spearcarrier »

Looks like a good start. :-)
Blog portal: http://www.apocalypsewriters.com
Current soul-sucking webcomic of doom project: http://www.theheavenlybride.com
Current visual novel project: The Brat
Sometimes I act and sing: http://www.apocalypsewriters.com/Kat_Blue
Deviantart: http://spearcarrier.deviantart.com

Snatsch
Projects: Sweet and Spices (bg artist)
Tumblr: brumbrum-girl
Github: Snatsch

#3 Post by Snatsch »

Looks promising :). I quite like the storyline so far and in my opinion you did a nice job on the artwork.
I'm looking forward to see more of it.

Myra
Regular

#4 Post by Myra »

Added a sketch of Teagan - though I still want to edit a bit and then do various expressions. Then I just gotta finish the MC and Alain.