Cash vs Yandere [Survival Otome|Black Comedy|GxB|GxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Cash vs Yandere [Survival Otome|Black Comedy|GxB|GxG]

#1 Post by Coren »

STORY
I'm in college now. A new, fascinating environment in a new country, away from all the baggage of my past...
... Except that two of my friends came along, too. And they have this trait of being just a little mentally unstable.
Oh, what a bother...

Midori "Cash" Kashuu is an Economics freshman with a bright future, but now she is literally fearing for her life. Two boys, both her childhood friends, just happened to end up in the same university as her, and both of them are completely, utterly, and hopelessly in love with her. Which isn't so bad. Except they both have this bad habit of stalking, murder and general creepiness, which involves cutting up any boys she talks to, each other if she ever shows one of them just a bit more affection than the other, and even her if she ever tries to drift away from them...

Geez, and I was hoping to survive college, too.

You don’t want to die just yet. It’ll suck to get killed so early. You have a good life in front of you. You want to get good grades, find a job, maybe a boyfriend or a girlfriend. And you can’t go to the police. The only way to survive is to keep them happy. And that means not to talk to other people too much. That also means to show them equal and undivided attention, without showing a little more favour to either of them.

It’s even harder than it sounds. Any misstep could mean your death. You don’t really care, but you probably would rather not die if you could help it.

Characters

Cash (Midori Kashuu) (18)
(The above is concept art, not the final sprite.)
Preliminary design
Cash is a first-year Economics student at the prestigious University of Carmentree. She enjoys eating, sleeping, money and The Wall Street Journal. Her 'friends' may or may not want to kill her. She doesn't really care, but she'd rather not die, because that'll be, well, kinda undesirable.

Dalen Proctor (20)
Dalen is a first-year Medicine student at the same university. He entered college two years late as he chose to serve the army for that period of time as a combat medic before going to university. He has a crass demeanor, and loves sports.

Juris Lowe (18)
Juris is a polite, mild-mannered boy, and a first-year Law student. He has a refined personality, and has been Cash's friend since pre-school. He gets along decently well with Dalen... as long as Cash treads carefully, that is.

Lilian Owen (19)
Horai's cousin and Cash's friend, extremely beautiful and sweet to a fault. She studies Music.

Horai Owen (15)
Just some stupid high school kid who likes to pop by once in a while. She loves princes and giving money away. That's why Cash likes her.

Aldrich "Rich" Hastley (17)
Horai's friend, who wants to study Computer Science.

Aaron Hastley (25)
Rich's older brother, a scowling local librarian.

Yohan Anryens (18)
Cash's economics classmate, and a boy who just never gives up.

—-

FEATURES
* 15+ Death Endings
* 3 Good Endings
* 1 True Ending
* You can get a boyfriend while you’re at it
* Or a girlfriend
* The yanderes won’t be happy, though.

This game is pretty much going to be some kind of ‘reverse-otome’ survival game, in the sense that you have to interact with the boys, but not to date them, instead to make sure that you give them equal attention such that they feel sufficiently appreciated not to murder your ass. It’s going to be a bloody Friday.

----
Team
Writer/Programmer: Coren
Artist: Angela Hu
Musician: Blake Cordell

Follow the Development Blog for new updates here!
Last edited by Coren on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

victorita9
Regular

Re: Cash vs Yandere [Survival//Black Comedy/GxB/GxG]

#2 Post by victorita9 »

I have never heard of a game with a premise like this! I feel like this is a game in which I will laugh a lot.

paper
Projects: Augury Court

Re: Cash vs Yandere [Survival Otome|Black Comedy|GxB|GxG]

#3 Post by paper »

Oh my goodness, I found you on lemma, too. XD (It's Cashew)
Keep up the good work! Meanwhile, I'll have to find my own corner to dump my VN progress. . .

Genesis
Regular
Completed: Intrepid
Deviantart: Genn-esis

#4 Post by Genesis »

Admittedly, I'm a secret fan of your games (well, not so secret anymore), and I'm definitely looking forward to this game, especially with the great Horai in it. Besides, it seems like it'll be a... rather hilarious story. :D By the way, I love Cash; she seems like one of those nonchalant main characters which visual novels need more of.

Harmonywish
Regular

#5 Post by Harmonywish »

Well... 15+ death endings... this sure seems interesting :D! I'm sure there will be many fun ways to die when this game! :3

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#6 Post by Kumiho »

This seems so, so fun, and I'm really excited. The plot sounds perfect af. Any vn from you so far has been A++ and I have high expectations ok More importantly, I'm super excited to hear Horai will be a part of this VN! Although I definitely prefer her personality pre-epilogue, her presence will be great either way.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by try10 »

This is really creepy and I like it. :D A really unique plot and so many death endings. It's going to be an intriguing and fun game!