Psychic Fractal[supernatural][drama][psychological][VN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Masakaki Kairi
Projects: Psychic Fractal
Deviantart: MasakakiKairi

Psychic Fractal[supernatural][drama][psychological][VN]

#1 Post by Masakaki Kairi »

Psychic Fractal is a story that I wrote, and decided to make into a game series.

STORY

The world we know today is actually an alternate reality to where we came from. The time that we spend dreaming is actually our time in the real, original world. This is due to the world becoming so strange, that people could not tell that it was real. This is why "dreams" can be so strange. Those people with the ability to control their dreams are referred to as visitors, and are the main cause of the world's chaotic state. These visitors can warp their surroundings with their minds, and do not die if you kill them.
To help solve this problem, people using psychic fractal, a mysterious and unstoppable power, have been manipulating visitors. People realized that if you kill a psychic fractal user, you gain your own psychic fractal, though the details of its powers must be learned on your own. Anything that can be done by one person's psychic fractal cannot be done by any other's. Abuse of these powers has made the world into a very bizarre place.

CHARACTERS

Aaron Peterson (17)
Aaron Peterson.png
Aaron Peterson.png (15.38 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
The main character. His psychic fractal allows him to alter people's opinions once every 24 hours. He has been living in dream world for most of his life, so the real world surprised him quite a bit. He now lives in the real world, and is trying to stop McKenna from destroying the world.

Flora Parkinson (18)
Flora (1).png
Flora (1).png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
A mysterious girl who wears her hair over her eyes.

Werner Skyren (19)
Werner Skyren.png
Werner Skyren.png (15.72 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
A genius detective and psychiatrist with a supernatural power known as great variation. It allows him to read minds by making eye contact.

McKenna (16)
An insane girl with 2 psychic fractals. One of them she uses to kill anyone in her way, including visitors. Her other one makes her reassemble herself if she takes lethal damage, making her unable to die.

GAME

I am making the game in visual novel style, with a lot of different story routes, each determining whether the world is saved, destroyed, or something else.
Last edited by Masakaki Kairi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masakaki Kairi

Re: Psychic Fractal [supernatural] [drama] [visual novel]

#2 Post by Masakaki Kairi »

Another main element of the game is energy control. This is the manipulation of metaphysical energy around us. It is similar to the concept of energy in DBZ, except that the energy is more useful when made into energy shapes, each having a different function. The energy is taken from your surroundings by absorbing it, and the shapes are then assembled out of this energy by hand. A well designed energy shape, even one using very little energy can still be extremely effective, though a poorly designed one is useless, no matter how much energy it uses. There are different energy types. These include the scientifically known types, as well as 9 metaphysical types. The topology and geometry of the shapes affects how they function.
Some humans can learn energy control, and if they gain a high enough capacity of energy storage and skill, they can bring people back to life by putting energy shapes into them. It is also possible for a skilled energy control user to run their body off of metaphysical energy for short periods of time, during which energy shapes or effects are the only thing that can hurt them, though a killing psychic fractal would banish them from their physical body. This, or in a more effective case, choosing to permanently run off of energy, makes them into an energy being, allowing them to become biologically immortal. Although they are an energy being, they would seem no different to others.
They is used for energy beings, due to the energy core and the human energy base. It is as though they are made of two beings.

Aaron will be able to learn energy control, and use it when he needs to.

I hope my description isn't confusing.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Psychic Fractal[supernatural][drama][psychological][VN]

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

From what I can see, your project's still in the very early stages of production. I've thus moved your thread to the Ideas section - just send me a PM when you're a little further ahead and have more to show about the game.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Masakaki Kairi

#4 Post by Masakaki Kairi »

I will no longer be using my previously posted artwork. Instead, I will be tracing over my pencil drawings in MS Paint.

Kairi
Kairi Masakaki
Kairi Masakaki
Partially edited

PROGRESS:
8 bad endings and one possibly good ending finished
About 2%complete

Masakaki Kairi

#5 Post by Masakaki Kairi »

I have decided to make Aaron (player) able to date, or at least try to date, some of the female characters, even those who don't like him :D awkward moments will ensue! :twisted:
Progress:
17 endings
93 available choices in 37 situations
About 20 min. of play time (15%)
Backgrounds 80%
No animations yet
To fly round back the screaming wall and see red fire burning ice to stone. The clock is long, the rain is blood, the night continues on into the day. They look, you see the sky is shining. Blinding darkness makes one see too far. To leave forever, never to return by staying. Power drives you mad. A will of moving up and through to run for miles on, like Psychic Fractal.