Supernatural Switcheroo [GXG] [Supernatural] [Comedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BirdIsTheWord

Supernatural Switcheroo [GXG] [Supernatural] [Comedy]

#1 Post by BirdIsTheWord »

Well, I'm quite nervous about posting my first idea AND post here, but I hope someone will take an interest in my plan! About a quarter of the prologue is done, and two of the cgs are done. I'm not very happy with the sprites and cgs though, so if an artist could volunteer, that'd be great!
The game is currently being made in TyranoBuilder, though I'd like to move it to Renpy. The problem is that I'm not very good with coding, so I'd have to really work on that.
The story is pretty cliche honestly, but I didn't want to tackle anything big on my first VN try. The characters are mostly what drive the story instead of plot. So I'm terribly sorry if it sounds like it needs to be in a toilet.
Story
You were just a normal 18-year-old girl on her way to school. Then, a girl, looking almost identical to you, except for her clothes, approached you. She swiped away your bookbag and gave you her own, and smiled. "The switch is complete!" she said, as she ran off.
The bag contained a wallet, some makeup, and a piece of paper. On the paper was an address and some...gardening tips?
You go to the address stated on the paper, and to your surprise, it was a mansion in the upper-class part of town! It turns out this stranger was a gardener and cook for two wingless fairy sisters and the other strange inhabitants of the house! Which girl will you befriend? Or maybe you'll become more than that?
Characters
The Protagonist
The (nameable) main character, who is the new gardener and cook for this zany household. A hopeless romantic who over-reacts to mostly everything, and can be a comedian sometimes. She treats everyone like a friend, despite the harshness of some of the house's inhabitants.
Kiyoko Brendan
A cold, stoic smart-alec with a gravity-defying void of hair, Kiyo (as her sister calls her) isn't exactly the nicest person ever. Her amazing sense of smell is what mostly defines her, and the nicknames she gives people are a whole other thing. She also knows how to get what she wants out of people, and won't hesitate to be as intimidating as she can be.
Aoi Brendan
Aoi is the oldest of the sisters, but doesn't seem to be the most mature. She's a total daredevil who laughs at even the unfunniest of jokes, and doesn't think about consequences. Yet she makes up for her carelessness with her outstanding people skills, and her ability to get words out of the quietest of people.
Jamie Vann
A mermaid who lives in the pool. She has no tail, but she has fins and scales to make up for that. The other inhabitants mostly ignore Jamie, and she only comes in for food and some other necessities. She's very quiet and awkward because of her lack of social contact, and acts like she doesn't want anyone to get near her.
Loretta Winslow
Loretta is a vampire who also happens to be an up-and-coming author. She is controlling and rude, and doesn't seem to care for others. But she is truly compassionate, and acts as a mother to the two sisters. Everything around her must be tidy also, and she can easily be described as a neatfreak.
"Irene"
A secret route that is unlocked once you complete the other character's routes. Irene is the girl who switched with the protagonist, and her true story will be revealed in her route!
Sample Pics
A GUI screenshot
A (horribly-done) prologue CG of the Protag and Aoi
Gameplay
This would be a VN with only a character select choice, the rest being kinetic. First, you would go through the prologue, then come to a character select screen. After picking a character route, you would go through the kinetic story. After completing the first four routes, you could pick the secret character at the character select screen.
Random Quotes
Kiyoko: You two are morons....The bed smells like that because I washed them yesterday, duh.
Protag: The sheets.....FEEL LIKE WARM FLUFFY KITTENS AND SMELL LIKE A FLOWER PATCH IN SPRING!
Protag: Gardener? You mean, you're not an evil spirit who is gonna suck out my blood and leave me to die...?

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Supernatural Switcheroo [GXG] [Supernatural] [Comedy]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Come now, don't be so hard on yourself! :) Everyone has to start somewhere, right? (I'm pretty sure) Even the best OELVN developers didn't start out as experts in creating VNs. <span class="EmojiInput mj1" title="Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes 😄"></span> There's a first for everything.

I don't have any experience with TyranoBuilder, but if I may... I'd suggest that you move to Ren'Py. <span class="EmojiInput mj778" title="Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-Closed Eyes ::laughing::"></span> (Okay, I maaaaay be a little bit biased, haha.) Coding takes some time to get used to, but once you're at it, it's practically a piece of cake (for the most part.) Plus, Ren'Py can give you a lot more customization options than any other other program out there. That's the beauty in being able to use code, even though it's an extremely watered down version of Python. 🙂

Awww, come on, your project is not in any way related to a toilet bowl. I think it's pretty interesting, though I don't really play GxG much (I mostly play otome games). However...
The summary is pretty confusing to me. "Which girl will you befriend?" seems like a pretty strange follow-up to the previous sentences. Um, I mean, didn't the girl just switch places with you? I'd have thought that the goal was to prove your real identity and find the other girl or something, and not find friendship or love or whatever. <span class="EmojiInput mj26" title="Face With Tears Of Joy ::joy::"></span>)
Oh, and I like Jamie! I just love merpeople. Haha. I've always been fascinated by the ocean ever since I was young (useless trivia about me haha).

So anyway, good luck! :) Have more confidence, will ya? You can do it!