Tsukihime : Under the Eyes of a Red Head Guy

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
kraken

Tsukihime : Under the Eyes of a Red Head Guy

#1 Post by kraken »

Tsukihime Under the Eyes of a Red Head Guy is the name of my Visual novel based on Tsukihime.

It's an alternate story where Arihiko, the best fried of Shiki, became the hero. I tried to stay very close to the character, however, I give to Arihiko a little power for giving him a chance of surviving.

A first demo was released in november (only in french, this is my language), but many art was from the original game.

They are all redraw by my chara designer for the new demo that will be release in somes days.

The new demo will be in english as in french.

I need some help for doing some coloration for the art, If you are used to use photoshop, I need help for it.

Here is the blog of the game:

http://papilloncorp.blogspot.com

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

Re: Tsukihime : Under the Eyes of a Red Head Guy

#2 Post by DrakeNavarone »

[EDIT: Drake and mikey (two posts down) were replying to posts I've since deleted. So this is a bit of an out-of-context post. - PyTom]

Some of the forums members really don't take too much to Tsukihime-esque projects or authors who aspire to be the next Nasu. However, the problem is more and more up-and-coming writers aim for Tsukihime "greatness", so you'll get reactions like this from time to time. You'd probably fare a lot better with an original story and characters and a smaller scope and size for your first project, just so you can learn how things are done, how long things take, and how hard things get.

Anyway, I'll wish you good luck on this project. As a Tsukihime fan, I'd likely play it, if only to reminisce a bit, and for the lulz if it's based around Arihiko's perspective.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

kraken

#3 Post by kraken »

I intend to use this game to train and master Ren'py for a future project (that is easier to use an existing universe for the first time). I don't believe I am a new Nasu, my game is just a game allowing me to make a tribute to a work that I love.
However I am looking for help to make the background and to help colouring.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Guys, please, this is someone else's thread. Two lulz posts are okay, but don't let it get out of hand.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#5 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:roll: I haven't got the slightest clue regarding what all this might be about... What's the problem with that game / subject ??? I'm playing it right now and it looks quite enjoyable so far... Maybe I should google-ize and do some research :lol:

EDIT I've done my research job. Yeah, right. So what ? End of controversy.
Last edited by Aashtarsrain on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraken

#6 Post by kraken »

I have updated my blog with some design of the character.

Oh, I think to it, I have a problem with my gallery mode.

If I close the game after going in the gallery, I have an error message wich tell me to look inside renpy.exe.log.

In this file is writed this:

Code: Select all

E:\renpy-6.6.1-full\renpy-6.6.1\renpy\store.py:50: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
can you help me to resolve this problem?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

As described here, I deleted many off-topic posts from this thread.

Re: the unicode problem

There's two things that could probably cause this. The first is that you are saving your file as something other than UTF-8, and a French character is sneaking in somehow. The second is that you're using a French character in a string (in a python block), but not prefixing it with u. For example:

init:
    $ m = Character("Moé")
is wrong but:

init:
    $ m = Character(u"Moé")
is okay.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#8 Post by Blue123 »

Well, now teh flame war's over (sorry, boss) I can actually say something useful. Looking at the illustrations in the blog, character designs look well done and have a certain original look to them. Downloading the beta to have a closer look, and I'll return with thoughts after I've had a blast.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#9 Post by Vatina »

Looking at the blog, it looks like you're redrawing the sprites with almost the same poses as in the original Tsukihime. With the freedom the redrawing gives you, why not draw the characters in different poses that may also fit your needs better? It would help make this fan-based project seem more like a fresh original project on its own :) This is just a suggestion of course.

Otherwise it does sound interesting that the story will be told from Arihiko's point of view :P Could be fun.

kraken

#10 Post by kraken »

some sprite will be with original pose
Ichiko by exemple:
Original 1
In my game 3+ other clothes

All Shiki poses are original

And many pose of Satsuki are original too (only 2 in the demo, but more in the final version).

And Ichiko and Arcueid have several clothes.

I think I'll had more original pose, but for now, I don't need it for Hisui, Kohaku, Ciel, Arcueid and Akiha (maybe because these character have a lot of poses)

Many pose of the original game fit very well to the character, (the manga use them too).

thanks for the help for the game, it was the save file.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#11 Post by Vatina »

I see, then all is well I guess :) And sure, you don't have to go as far as make the characters act OOC with their sprites.

kraken

#12 Post by kraken »

I have added to the blog the profile of Hisui and somes info and original art made by the chara designer of the game.

kraken

#13 Post by kraken »

No new update today, but the last news have been translated in english (presentation of the chara designer and character's profile).

kraken

#14 Post by kraken »

Can somebody help me to colour the 3 last event art? They art too dificult for me and my main colourist is very busy this month.

I need more colourist. Please help!!!

DarkSign

#15 Post by DarkSign »

Is your demo in English?

If your game will be released in English I can help with the scripts. I´m a Type-moon fan, and, of course, I loved Tsukihime and all Nasu work ^^
Programmer and Otaku