Ever Wished Life [BxG][slice of life][romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CrazyHussar
Projects: Ever Wished Life
Organization: Mooncaller Studio

Ever Wished Life [BxG][slice of life][romance]

#1 Post by CrazyHussar »

Ever Wished Life
臨んだ人生
About

However hard you struggle to compensate for your miserable life with hard work and unrelenting schoolwork, some things always go awry – and eventually you experience the direst of situations. Ever Wished Life introduces the life of a European high school student upon whom a peaceful and simple life certainly wasn’t bestowed. In an unfortunate accident he suffers a serious injury on his head which results in his losing of his own mother tongue. During the unsuccessful rehabilitation he is contacted by the Japanese Embassy, offering an opportunity to finish the rest of his education in Japan. Having no other choice, he decides to take the offering on.

Main Characters

“Work hard to overcome your own limitations.”
That was Daniel’s motto to compensate for his stress and emotional burdens in his personal life. He has never known his father, and his mother hasn’t really been an ideal parent either. He was the top student in his school and relentlessly worked at his part-time job in order to save up money for his university studies. One day he had a grave accident; Japanese took the place of his mother tongue.

Houjou Akira 北条玲 – pink hair and appealing figure describes Kiragawa High’s infamous delinquent best. Akira is a typical nutcase who cannot be handled by her teachers; even though her grades are fairly acceptable, she lacks any responsibility to do her homework or just simply make it to her classes in time.

Tachibana Seiryuu 橘星流 – she is an ideal first-year student at Kitagawa. Seiryuu is popular among students (especially among boys): she has excellent grades, excels at sports and is very sociable with her peers; Seiryuu’s pitch-perfect figure and her long black hair makes her a role model for all the other students. For some reason or another she is not a member of any club and works at a part-time job instead.

Nomura Sachiko 野村幸子 – she is typically the girl who is invisible unless you specifically look for her. Sachiko is terrifically average in any fields of life, despite having excellent grades; however her social skills are poor, and she is a quite reticent girl. Sachiko is a member of the Literature Club; she also likes playing video games, and reading manga and novels which are “not entirely suitable for public taste,” but she tries to keep this a secret as much as possible.

Support Characters

Sasaki Jirou 佐崎二郎 – Having his name bear a striking resemblance to that of the famous samurai warrior, this 25 year-old gentleman becomes the guardian of Daniel’s. As any other ordinary Japanese parent he’ll constantly be on business trips, all the while financially supporting our protagonist.

Shibata Kou 柴田洸 – As is common in most Japanese media Kou takes the role of the best friend that can be counted on at any times necessary, so that our protagonist can have more than female acquaintances at school.

Progress

Writing: 25%
Most of the main scenes are done.
Art: 0%
Graphics are not among my skills, and I am still looking for illustrators for the project.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Ever Wished Life [BxG][slice of life][romance]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

At this point in my life, I would be interested in a story about life in Hungary. My knowledge of the country should be much better, and I want to know more about it.

I grew up around Chicago, Illinois. Most of the time, I was not especially interested in the place where I lived or the people around me. I would probably call this "hometown boredom" or the TVTropes term "longing for fictionland." Thus I delved into science fiction, fantasy, and stories about different nations. It took me years to realize that there were interesting neighborhoods, events, and people not far from where I lived. That said...
CrazyHussar wrote:In an unfortunate accident he suffers a serious injury on his head which results in his losing of his own mother tongue.
There might be some real life examples of this. I don't know for certain because I haven't done research on this topic. However, I recall hearing about real people who have lost or gained languages through accidents. In any case, I believe that you will benefit by introducing this concept in your VN as early as possible. Let the reader see the most fantastic element of your story early on. After that, focus on the parts of your story that seem more plausible.
CrazyHussar wrote: Nomura Sachiko 野村幸子 – she is typically the girl who is invisible unless you specifically look for her. Sachiko is terrifically average in any fields of life, despite having excellent grades; however her social skills are poor, and she is a quite reticent girl. Sachiko is a member of the Literature Club; she also likes playing video games, and reading manga and novels which are “not entirely suitable for public taste,” but she tries to keep this a secret as much as possible.
A question to consider: If Sachiko is shy or antisocial, then how does the main character Daniel get to know her? I'm sure that they can become friends and eventually a couple. However, I'm curious as to how they will say more than a few words, and then become acquainted.
CrazyHussar wrote: Shibata Kou 柴田洸 – As is common in most Japanese media Kou takes the role of the best friend that can be counted on at any times necessary, so that our protagonist can have more than female acquaintances at school.
There are quite a few boy x girl visual novels in which the main character has a male platonic friend. That said, what will Kou contribute to the plot? Will he become Daniel's rival, a person that he respects, or a person that he can ask for advice? I don't think he should be portrayed as a one-note joke character. Instead, I recommend making sure that Kou has a significant role in the story.

CrazyHussar

#3 Post by CrazyHussar »

Hi! Thank you for writing ^^ I'm trying to answer your questions but forgive my English (I have a translator who Works on my project).
gekiganwing wrote:
CrazyHussar wrote:In an unfortunate accident he suffers a serious injury on his head which results in his losing of his own mother tongue.
There might be some real life examples of this. I don't know for certain because I haven't done research on this topic. However, I recall hearing about real people who have lost or gained languages through accidents. In any case, I believe that you will benefit by introducing this concept in your VN as early as possible. Let the reader see the most fantastic element of your story early on. After that, focus on the parts of your story that seem more plausible.
The phenomenom is called Aphasia. Here's the first row from the wikipedia: "Aphasia is a combination of a speech and language disorder caused by damage to the brain that affects about one million individuals within the US."

It's not a rare thing. My teacher said once that an archeologist fell from a great distance in Greece and when he woked up from Coma, he spoke fluent acient greek. I tought it is still a rare and intresting opportunity and I wondered what happens if one who learns Japanese gets Aphasia.
gekiganwing wrote: A question to consider: If Sachiko is shy or antisocial, then how does the main character Daniel get to know her? I'm sure that they can become friends and eventually a couple. However, I'm curious as to how they will say more than a few words, and then become acquainted.
First: she's Daniel's classmate, second: one way or another, Daniel will get in touch with the Literature Club. In fact he will join on this own will or his teacher insist him to join, because his weakpoint in Japanese is writing and reading.
gekiganwing wrote:
CrazyHussar wrote: Shibata Kou 柴田洸 – As is common in most Japanese media Kou takes the role of the best friend that can be counted on at any times necessary, so that our protagonist can have more than female acquaintances at school.
There are quite a few boy x girl visual novels in which the main character has a male platonic friend. That said, what will Kou contribute to the plot? Will he become Daniel's rival, a person that he respects, or a person that he can ask for advice? I don't think he should be portrayed as a one-note joke character. Instead, I recommend making sure that Kou has a significant role in the story.
Spoiler alert! Kou is gay. Just kidding :D He will be straight. Because he's a support character I don't worked enough on his role at this point - the girls needs more attention. Kou might be an active character on the screen and be a part of the scene's and the rivalism is an intresting setting (thanks for mentioning it Kou got an another sticknote on the white table). His sole role to not to be an another girl because I'm sick of this aspect of the BxG VN's. Feels like unbleievable to be a lone man in a bunch of good girls.
Last edited by CrazyHussar on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyHussar

#4 Post by CrazyHussar »

Oh, and I forgot the most important: to the foreign countries, Hungary might seems intresting. I live here and I experience this place like hell. Okay, the situation is not so bad but I'm lack of patriotism and I just see what I don't want to see. I hope you can get my toughts. Japan is a far more better place.

However, I still planning a VN about Hungary. I just want to create a "standard" slice of life VN and the Aphasia-setting is intresting.