mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~ [GxB] [Romance, Fantasy, Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Monochrome.Cherry
Regular
Projects: mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~, NOTES
Tumblr: magicalstarrycarnival
Deviantart: silky-starry-heart
itch: MonochromeCherry

mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~ [GxB] [Romance, Fantasy, Otome]

#1 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Hello! This is going to be my first post on here despite being a member for quite some time already. I'm going to be working on this on my own, so this might take a while to complete, but I'm really excited to be working on my first VN! Also, since this is my first otome game/VN, I'd greatly appreciate any tips that you may be able to give me, so thank you for that as well!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Comedy, Otome, Drama
Characters
-Heroine- You can change her name
Obtainable Guys
Depending on if you guys want it or not, I may add another obtainable guy aside from these three, but since this is my first project, I want to keep the cast small.
Side Characters
-You can change her name-
Full Body Pic
The start menu is subject to change, but this is the design I have for it now.

CREDITS
Art/Story/Programming: Monochrome.Cherry
Music Composer: Noyemi K.

Progress
Story: 60%
Script 15%
Art: 5%
Routes: 10 %
GUI: 70 %
Questions
What do you think about the story?
Is the art appealing to you?
Which characters interest you the most and why?
Do you like the idea of two nameable characters?
Do you find the idea of a game that has 3+ parts okay?
I plan to update this as I make some progress, so more will be coming soon. Thank you for reading through everything! Oh, and I forgot to mention that this game will be free as well!
Attachments
splash1image.png
Last edited by Monochrome.Cherry on Wed May 25, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Miss Nay
Deviantart: JaiselArcher

Re: mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~ [GxB] [Romance, Fantasy, Oto

#2 Post by Miss Nay »

The art for this game is very beautiful. ^_^ As for the questions:

- I think the story sounds pretty interesting.

- Oh, I guess I already answered this. I really love all of the characters' designs, but I noticed that the protag's left hand is drawn backwards.

-Once I saw Sakura Hideaki, I thought, "I'm definitely going for him first!" I like guys with glasses personally. Ha, ha, but really, I find all of the characters interesting.

- I don't mind the idea, I'm just curious as to why I get to rename someone other than a protag or a love interest. Can't wait to find out.

- Sure. That means more games with such pretty artwork. ^-^

I hope you have fun working on this project. I'm trying to work on my own game by myself, so hopefully we can both manage to make good games to the best of our abilities.

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#3 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Miss Nay wrote:The art for this game is very beautiful. ^_^ As for the questions:

- I think the story sounds pretty interesting.

- Oh, I guess I already answered this. I really love all of the characters' designs, but I noticed that the protag's left hand is drawn backwards.

-Once I saw Sakura Hideaki, I thought, "I'm definitely going for him first!" I like guys with glasses personally. Ha, ha, but really, I find all of the characters interesting.

- I don't mind the idea, I'm just curious as to why I get to rename someone other than a protag or a love interest. Can't wait to find out.

- Sure. That means more games with such pretty artwork. ^-^

I hope you have fun working on this project. I'm trying to work on my own game by myself, so hopefully we can both manage to make good games to the best of our abilities.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to comment on this!

Hearing you like the art makes me really happy, so thank you very much! And oh my gosh I didn't even notice the hand, now I'm super embarrassed ;A;

It also makes me happy to hear you liked Hideaki, so thank you!~

Yep, the two nameable character thing has to do with the other parts of the game so I hope it'll be interesting to figure out why it's like that! :)

Thank you very much for the encouragement, I wish you the best of luck on your own game as well, and would love to see it if/when you plan to release it!

Harmonywish
Regular

#4 Post by Harmonywish »

It is very interesting! From what I've read, it seems to start off like a normal school otome game, and then comes the mysterious fantasy plot line! Super interested in that part! :>

OH YES! It's super super super pretty! The heroine is so cute! The girls are so cute! The guys are super attractive! It's one of the things that got me hooked!

The cold best friend! I love how hot he is! xD Too bad he's not a love interest ;w; Nezha also seems very mysterious and I liked how you wrote "he seems to have no malicious intentions..." and that really makes me interested in his route!

Yeah! I really like nameable characters as it gives us a choice :> However, I'm curious as the heroine is usually the one who gets to be named

It's ok, I don't mind! :> In fact, I really like that it's split!

A question, is this game going to be free? :3 I'd love to play it, but I can't spend anything online ^^' I'd love to check out the demo though if it is! Good luck on your game <3

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#5 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Harmonywish wrote:What do you think about the story?

It is very interesting! From what I've read, it seems to start off like a normal school otome game, and then comes the mysterious fantasy plot line! Super interested in that part! :>

OH YES! It's super super super pretty! The heroine is so cute! The girls are so cute! The guys are super attractive! It's one of the things that got me hooked!

The cold best friend! I love how hot he is! xD Too bad he's not a love interest ;w; Nezha also seems very mysterious and I liked how you wrote "he seems to have no malicious intentions..." and that really makes me interested in his route!

Yeah! I really like nameable characters as it gives us a choice :> However, I'm curious as the heroine is usually the one who gets to be named

It's ok, I don't mind! :> In fact, I really like that it's split!

A question, is this game going to be free? :3 I'd love to play it, but I can't spend anything online ^^' I'd love to check out the demo though if it is! Good luck on your game <3

Thank you so much for your kind words! It makes me happy to hear that you found the plot interesting! And oh my gosh, hearing your words about my art makes me very very happy, thank you so much! ;A;

Haha, about the best friend well...
that's what the next game is for! *U*
As for Nezha, thank you! I want to work hard on making this plot interesting and full of fantasy/psychological elements/themes too~

And no worries at all, all of my games will be free~!oh gosh, i guess I should add that to the first post haha ;A; Thank you so much for taking an interest in my game, it makes me super happy to see that people are interested! *U*

mysticichigo
Regular

#6 Post by mysticichigo »

It seems pretty cute. I will say that I don't see where the fantasy element is going to come into play, but it seems like something I would play regardless.

The art style is adorable! I really like how you shade the eyes, especially on the girls.

Though, while we're on the subject of art: your style is great, but I don't see much of a resemblance between Rin and Kotoha? As far as anime girls go (which is not very far, since most anime/manga art styles seem to make basically everyone look alike except for their hairstyles and coloring), they look pretty different. I mean, they have different hairstyles/colors, and it seems like Kotoha has a sharper eye shape than Rin does. Part of that may be due to their expressions, however.

Am I supposed to see the resemblance, or are their designs not actually that similar?

Nezha and Yuuki, definitely. Mysterious transfer student and boy with mysterious injuries? If you couldn't already tell, I like mysterious types. XD

I guess I'm neutral towards it? Naming the player character makes sense... come to think of it, is naming the other girl an indication of where the fantasy part is coming into play?

The more the merrier! Though, due to my impatience, the wait may kill me a bit, but I can suck it up.

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#7 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

mysticichigo wrote:What do you think about the story?

It seems pretty cute. I will say that I don't see where the fantasy element is going to come into play, but it seems like something I would play regardless.

The art style is adorable! I really like how you shade the eyes, especially on the girls.

Though, while we're on the subject of art: your style is great, but I don't see much of a resemblance between Rin and Kotoha? As far as anime girls go (which is not very far, since most anime/manga art styles seem to make basically everyone look alike except for their hairstyles and coloring), they look pretty different. I mean, they have different hairstyles/colors, and it seems like Kotoha has a sharper eye shape than Rin does. Part of that may be due to their expressions, however.

Am I supposed to see the resemblance, or are their designs not actually that similar?

Nezha and Yuuki, definitely. Mysterious transfer student and boy with mysterious injuries? If you couldn't already tell, I like mysterious types. XD

I guess I'm neutral towards it? Naming the player character makes sense... come to think of it, is naming the other girl an indication of where the fantasy part is coming into play?

The more the merrier! Though, due to my impatience, the wait may kill me a bit, but I can suck it up.
Oh gosh, sorry for the late reply!

Thank you so much for liking the art! About Rin and Kotoha's appearances
it's actually connected to the other parts of the game so it might not be explained fully until the later games!
But yeah, they aren't supposed to look so similar at first glance.~

I definitely agree with you on the mysterious type of characters!

About the nameable side character
yeah! It has something to do with the fantasy part!

And thank you so much for the interest in my game!

Harmonywish
Regular

#8 Post by Harmonywish »

Aw, I'm so happy that I made you happy with my comments! >w<~ Thank you so much for making it free! I'd love to play the game then! <3~ If you need any beta testers or proofreaders, I can surely help, too! :> Good luck on future progress of the game <3~

As for the best friend...
Really?! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! So looking forward to that!!!!! I'd love to try to romance him :'D

I'm sure the plot will be very interesting! I love romance, otome games xD but ones with fantasy themes really get my hooked :>

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#9 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

UPDATE:

Main image is done! Also, BIG IMAGE IS BIG!
Harmonywish wrote:Aw, I'm so happy that I made you happy with my comments! >w<~ Thank you so much for making it free! I'd love to play the game then! <3~ If you need any beta testers or proofreaders, I can surely help, too! :> Good luck on future progress of the game <3~

As for the best friend...
Really?! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! So looking forward to that!!!!! I'd love to try to romance him :'D

I'm sure the plot will be very interesting! I love romance, otome games xD but ones with fantasy themes really get my hooked :>
Thank you so much again for your kind words! And no problem at all! All of my games will be free~! Ah, thank you so much! It might take some time for it to be done, but I'll be very happy for your offer, so thank you!~ And thanks again for wishing me luck~!
Yep! Yep! Haha, I hoped his design would be appealing so people would look forward to dating him later~! Although the circumstances for dating him might be a bit different than in this game...!
Attachments
splash1image.png
Image Image

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#10 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Updated with the main menu design and the slight title change!

EDIT: Sorry for asking but, would it be possible to move this thread to the WiP section?
Image Image

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#11 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Updated with an updated version of the story summary!
Image Image

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#12 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, Monochrome.Cherry!

It piques my curiosity! I'm intrigued to know how these new students will change the heroine's life and the story. The title makes think that dreams will play a big part, which is something I like as well.

Definitely! Love the shiny hair and all the WiP I've seen on your twitter.

Hmm...Nezha, Yuuki, and Kotoha because they all have an air of mystery that I must unravel.

I don't mind it at all, and if it's vital to the story, I'll like it all the more.

Absolutely. My own game's in parts too (as you may have noticed!), so you won't get any complaints from me. :)

Good luck, Monochrome.Cherry! I'll be rooting for you.
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmonywish
Regular

#13 Post by Harmonywish »

Oh how pretty! :> Looking quite foward to this ^^

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#14 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Dreamgazer wrote:Hello, Monochrome.Cherry!

It piques my curiosity! I'm intrigued to know how these new students will change the heroine's life and the story. The title makes think that dreams will play a big part, which is something I like as well.

Definitely! Love the shiny hair and all the WiP I've seen on your twitter.

Hmm...Nezha, Yuuki, and Kotoha because they all have an air of mystery that I must unravel.

I don't mind it at all, and if it's vital to the story, I'll like it all the more.

Absolutely. My own game's in parts too (as you may have noticed!), so you won't get any complaints from me. :)

Good luck, Monochrome.Cherry! I'll be rooting for you.
Thank you so much for your comment, Dreamgazer! It makes me really happy to know that the story and art are appealing to you! Dreams will indeed play a big part in the story itself, but their relevance may be minimal in this first one.

And I did notice that in your game, I'll be looking forward to playing all parts of it! And thank you so much, I'll be cheering for you as well!

Harmonywish wrote:Oh how pretty! :> Looking quite foward to this ^^
Thank you very much! It makes me very happy to hear that!
Image Image

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#15 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Update! :

This project will now have original songs by the wonderful composer, Noyemi K !
Image Image