Caramel Mokaccino (hiatused too =_=)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

Caramel Mokaccino (hiatused too =_=)

#1 Post by Deji »

NOTICE: In case you're seeing this for any reason, there is a new development thread here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8534 It is still rather hiatused, though >:.

Hi! This is the development thread of my second VN project! (the first being Astre@, linked in my signature)
It started when I drew some random characters and asked my best female friend to write a story for them, so we could make a VN out of it. It's been a while since then, due me being busy, mainly with Astre@ (now hiatused 9_9).

*cough* I haven't checked with my writer yet about posting some of our little progress here, so there might be slight character description changes later ^^;;;
But I'm so excited right now, I wanted to share a bit of it with you =D

(Sorry for my awkward english ^^;)

-----------------------------------

This game aims to be a pretty cute and lighthearted friendship/GxB/GxG story, with no mature content.
There are 10 endings planned, and some bonus omake/gaiden scenes would be obtained after clearing certain sets of endings.

CHARACTERS:

They might be subject to minor changes
They might be subject to minor changes
Penelope (Penny)
Height: 160cm
Weight: 52kg
Light ash brown hair and indigo blue eyes.

Penny is the protagonist. You play as her during the game.
She arrived at the city in the begginning of summer from another city, where her family lives. She's staying with a family who has been friends with her family for a long time, and is starting in a college with no dorm system after the summer vacations are over.
She's a very happy and easygoing person, and she's also pretty independent and optimistic.

Enzo Salviati
Height: 173cm
Weight: ??
Strawberry blond hair and brown eyes

Enzo is the oldest son of the Salviati family. He graduated from college a couple of years ago and has opened a new café called "Caramel Mokkaccino" (his favourite beverage) next to the college.
He'd squeal at every cute thing he sees, but acts very calm, mature and manly when he's serious. Penny sees him as a wise older brother figure.
He's openly gay since he was a teenager, and his family has no problems about it.

Nicola Salviati (Nico)
Height: 165cm
Weight: 60kg
Butterscotch blond hair and brown eyes

Nico is the second son of the Salviati family, and it's in his penultimate year in highschool.
He works part time after school at his brother's café, and also has to share the bedroom with him since Penny arrived, because he offered his own room to her.
He's kind but stubborn, and he'ss focused mainly on his school life and his work at the café, so he doens't get involved much in Penny's life, except when they spend time together at home or at work.
Nico and Penny had a cute puppy love when they were little kids.

Serafina Salviati
Height: 135
Weight: 30kg
Copper red hair and caramel brown eyes

Serafina is the youngest child of the Salviati family, and the only girl. She's hyper and craves for attention and love.
She loves Penny to pieces, but since she can be very noisy and could interfere with Penny's studies (according to Nico), they're not sharing the same room.
She goes to the same school than Nico.

Julieta
Height: 175cm (she's always wearing heels, thou)
Weight: 60kg
Dark Blue/black-ish hair with green eyes

Julieta works as a waitress in Caramel Mokkaccino part-time, while she takes some literature classes in college.
She's a very happy and flirty person, who likes to tease other people and laughs a lot. She never forgets a face, and is very curious.
She tends to give extra portions of cake to cute customer girls, being scolded by Enzo (who gives extra coffee to handsome guys).

Anaís (Annie)
Height: 152cm
Weight: 45kg
Light auburn hair with turquoise green eyes

Annie is starting college in the city this year, but is oftenly mistaken for being younger than she actually is due her short height and cute looks. She tries to make good friends with anybody willing to spend time with her and she's a very good listener, ready to help anybody who needs it. She's also pretty gossip-y.
She has a pet ferret named "Muffin".

Franco
Height: 180cm
Weight: 70kg
Dark blonde hair with blue eyes

Franco is a handsome smart guy who's in his third year of college and is class helper in a class for first year. He's always willing to assist younger students who approach him, specially cute girls.
It's rumored he's a bit of a playboy and has a pretty big Fan Club on campus. He's seen most of the time with Bárbara, a classmate of his and also a fellow class helper, but nobody knows exactly the status of their relationship.

Bárbara
Height: 170cm
Weight: 59kg
Burgundy/dark red hair with green eyes

Bárbara is a smart and assertive young woman in her thid year of college. She has top grades and is also a helper in a class for first year.
She's hanging around with Franco most of the time, but sometimes she's so busy with her classes that she's nowhere to be found.
She dislikes to be called "Barbie".

Ian
Height: 175cm
Weight: 68kg
Mahogany hair with dark brown/black-ish eyes

Ian is a reserved guy, who has a pretty cool attitude.
He's always listening to music on his MP3 player and avoids people most of the time.
Nobody knows exacty what he's studying or what year he's in. He's not very liked on campus, due some bad rumors going around about him, but he's pretty smart.
He has a dog called "Waffle".

Mama and Papa Salviati
They've met Penny's parents before any of them got married, and have been best friends ever since, considering themselves almost like an extended family of the other. They lived in the same neighborhood until Penny was 7, and usually visit eachother for Summer vacations and holidays.
victoria+linda.jpg
Linda Song
She's another waitress at CM, that usually covers when Nico or Julieta aren't working. She takes morning shifts sometimes when she has no classes.

Ms. Vanderberg
One of Penny's teachers in college.

---------------------------

STAFF

Writting: Lira Kraunik
Art: Dejichan

PROGRESS:
Script: all endings and bonus scenes bulletpointed. Calendar with every event done.
Character designs: Concept art sketched and colored. Decided on outfits varriatios. Minor characters need definitive design.
Sprites: Penny's bust/partial sprite in progress (look a image links below) Poses per character thumbed (not decided on expressions yet)
Event Cgs: Not listed yet.
Backgrounds: listed. 24-25 (not counting variations) so far. Designed floor plans for a couple of locations.

-----------------------

You can see some images (mostly old-ish roughs and WIPs) here:

http://deji.ishtera.net/junk/random_chars.jpg
http://dejichan.deviantart.com/art/Penelope-67672431
http://dejichan.deviantart.com/art/at-t ... P-70132695
http://dejichan.deviantart.com/art/Pene ... P-89135546
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/ ... ulieta.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/ ... iforms.jpg
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 153#p48153
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 184#p48184

Notes:
The names of the characters are pretty random (the Salviati Family is supposed to be from Italy, thou) and the place the game takes place in is not supposed to be specific, but since we're basing the story on our own experiences with college life in our country, you might find differences with what happen in yours. However, we decided to keep the dates and season pof the Southern Hemisphere (read below).

It's possible that the game won't have a specific date for each day either, since in the Southern Hemisphere (at least in South America) we start school year in March/April (Autumn semester), and as far as I know, most people in the Northern Hemisphere starts in September or so. I realize most people would find it weird to have a date on screen that differs from what they find normal. Game takes place during March-April-May and it's Autumn season, since we authours live in the Southern Hemisphere and are familiar with this setting. We decied to keep it like his to be coherent with a birthday taking place during the game..

Once we're done with a good part of the script (which we haven't started properly yet), we'll be needing a couple of people to help with the english script (since the original will be written in spanish nand my translations are a bit awkward to pass for native spoken english) and probably somebody to help a bit with the more complicated coding too...

I have no idea how long is the script supposed to be or how long the game will end up being. That'll be up to the writter and what she decides to write from what we have bullet pointed... I'd like it to be at least half an hour per route... So far we have so many things going on, I bet it'll take a while to complete it ^^;

BTW, Enzo and Serafina don't have a path on their own, in case you were wondering from the picture XD; Actually, Serafina is apretty minor character, but I wanted to draw her really badly ^^;

Please look forward to this game! =D
I'm afraid it'll have a veeery long WIP stage, but we'll try to make it worthy ^___^
Last edited by Deji on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:05 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Ren

Re: Caramel Mokaccino

#2 Post by Ren »

Aaah, interesting, I'll keep an eye on this(obviously!)
Yes, Salviati is a believable name for an Italian family :3

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Waiii! More cute and fresh stories plz! :D Looking forward to this ^^

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by musical74 »

I agree with monele...this is good stuff! I like the character bios...you have a good mix and, although a bit large, the cast is good and thought out :) Count me in on those that like it :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#5 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yay, looks lots of fun. And your art is beautiful as always :)
I don't think it'd be that odd to read a story where the new term is a different month to what I'm used to. Perhaps it was odd for the very first VN I played (or anime I saw) set in a Japanese school around the "new school year" time of April, but from then on I've just accepted that things are different in different places around the world :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Deji

#6 Post by Deji »

Thanks guys! =D
I'm currently lookng for my sketches folder to doodle some character outfit redesigns and concept art... Inhope i can find it DX;

@Ren: my writer spent some time in Italy as an exchange student while in highschool, so hacing an Italian family was a natural thing for her. For the name, we actually spent a couple of hours looking a an Italian surnames page to avoid using the ones form the people she knew over there XD;

@musical74: You dont get endingzs with most of them, thou ^^; We thought a nice number of characters would make a rich story, since they interact with eacother a lot ^^ I hope you will enoy the story as much as we have had fun creating it =3

@chrono: I tend to get sereral people freaking out when I say I'm having a winter break in July or summer vacations in February, so I thought getting them to play a VN where the main character starts her first college year during Summer/Autumn in March would get me several dumb comments about how is that even humanly possible XD;
Tumblr | Twitter

Ren

#7 Post by Ren »

I see, that's why!
Usually, when foreigners try to include some Italian names they always choose some pretty improbable one you see?
Anyway, good luck I really am looking forward to seeing this project completed :3

Deji

#8 Post by Deji »

I looked everywhere for my sketches folder, but couldn't find it =/
So I went and sketched the concept art for the nine more relevant characters, and spent several hours looking at clothing and fashion related websites to get outfit ideas, since every character has at least 2 or 3 mandatory outfits according to game story.
Of course my ideal, after sketching a whole wardrobe for each of them, would be to have 4-6 outfits for each, but that'd probably be too much ^^; Especially if we haven't decided on the sprites yet... if it's only one pose, it'll be easy as pie, but if they're 2 or 3 poses, it'll be a bit too much work...

My writer got a big problem in her hands now, so I don't know when we'll be able to meet bullet pointthe rest of the story and discuss the character designs and sprites. I hope she'll be ok...

Well, I arranged my new concept sketches of the characters in a height chart that you can see in the first post now ^^ I hope you like them so far =3
Tumblr | Twitter

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aaaagh!!!
Won't miss it!
Won't miss it!
I won't!
Your art is simply amazing as always!
Looking forward to this!

AlphaProspector
Regular
Completed: The Circular Gate
Projects: Yume no Sono, Hoshi Agari, The Circular Gate, Koenchu Yonogi Seiyu Story (こえんちゅ!)
Organization: Primum Soft
Soundcloud: Primum Soundblast

#10 Post by AlphaProspector »

Indeed. Looking forward as well. Your artworks are amazing and the colouring looks great, pleasing to the eyes. Good job!

I took italian at Univ so I'm actually interested to see some of that in a story.

Per una vita molto felice!
Enjoy tranquillity. Paint reality with the colours of your imagination.

Primum Soft Website and Blog

Ashen-tan
Regular

#11 Post by Ashen-tan »

I know Spanish! I can translate! ... at least most of it. There might be some verbs that I don't really know. Plus, they taught us Catalan Spanish, as opposed to some of the other dialects.

I love the art, though. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Feminine pronouns, plz.
healberry.net

Deji

#12 Post by Deji »

@azureXtwilight: thanks!! =D

@AlphaProspector: I'll tell my writer to add some Italian phrases here and there X3

@Ashen-tan: I don't really need help with the translation, I'm actually a native Spanish speaker, it's just my translated texts tend to sound awkward to native english speakers, so I need help with that ^^;;;

I'm currently talking with my writer, and we'll meet again on Friday, so I might have more progress to post by the weekend ^___^
Last edited by Deji on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblr | Twitter

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by N0UGHTS »

Man, I wish I could help out with editing the English script. So much that I'm almost to the point of wanting to say, "Damn my project!" I guess I'd rather work on a game that I know is gonna be fun than develop my own solo.

Wah... All of your characters are awesome... So adorable... And everyone looks compelling and unique... OMG bishounen n bishoujo in 1 game OMG... Yeah, I'm gushing here. I've got a problem concerning my... Can't say mental stability, not appropriate here... My emotions, yeah. And I get obsessive over things easily.

I don't know, I'm weak when it comes to light-hearted things like this. I guess it's my inner shoujo or something. Well, even if I didn't have an inner shoujo, I'd definitely play this! Right after I finish all the other games I've downloaded! And then after playing Caramel Mokaccino, I'll organize my priorities for once! Yeah!

Don't be so nervous about your game script. My 7th grade English teacher always said "...English is the most messed up screwed up language in the world!" Always with a smile and a bubbly, Californian tone, though. :P
Last edited by N0UGHTS on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Ashen-tan
Regular

#14 Post by Ashen-tan »

Yeah, English is a really funky language. I'd be more than willing to help out, though (as well as probably a ton of other people xD).
Feminine pronouns, plz.
healberry.net

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#15 Post by Midnighticequeen »

This game sounds interesting! I can't wait until it's done! Keep up the good work please!