Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Musashi
Regular
Projects: Yesoidos

Re: Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

#91 Post by Musashi »

I really like how ER1 felt like a novel. Well done! I read through to all the endings of ER1; I can't wait for the sequel!

In playing the demo, it seems like Tohko's evolved a bit as a character. Whereas before when she got angry it was a quick-fused firework, here she seems more like a volcano rumbling before it erupts
- I liked the eyebrow thing when Kei was talking with Hirana.
Also, I'd like to see what ruckus Hirana can stir up.
As a prankster with twice the experience of Kei, she's got to have some pretty good tricks up her sleeves. I'd imagine her tiger is involved somehow...
And Yurika's personality - she reminds me of someone else I know, even though he is a guy. She presents a steady demeanor like a still pond,
occasionally broken by a rippling joke or witticism. Even though she dreamily thinks about sunrises, the moon and the ocean, once she makes a decision, she pursues it steadily, even though she occasionally might look back, because she finishes what she starts. Probably there is a backstory to that...
One of the things I really appreciate about your writing is that it is really clean - nothing explicit in it. I think that leaving that stuff out really helps bring out the emotional aspects of the relationships in the story and makes them feel deeper and truer. (Maybe it's because I'm sick of having had to read stuff like that in high school. Well, and having to live in it every day - if someone felt like making a movie of what I see in just one day in my life, the language alone would make it at least R-rated.)

But anyway...

Congratulations on the baby! Be strong and well, you and yours!
(Work in progress)

Ren

#92 Post by Ren »

Waaah, congratulations!

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#93 Post by chronoluminaire »

A little update, as posted today at http://alextfish.livejournal.com/tag/mermaid%20liaisons. I'm generally making postings there, but this one was significant enough that I thought I'd copy it here:

I finished one route through Chapter 5 by the end of February! Current status of the six chapters:
Chapter 1: 6000 words, 95%, 1 scene to finish (slightly changed from the demo)
Chapter 2: 9500 words, 85%, 4 scenes to add/finish
Chapter 3: 10500 words, 95%, 1 scene to finish
Chapter 4: 9000 words, 70%, several scenes to do
Chapter 5: 11000 words, 70%, several scenes to do
Chapter 6: Starting today!

The plans for the coming months:
March: Write Chapter 6. Have one or preferably two routes through Chapter 6, including the one route that has a chunk of extra plot, finished by end of March. (Est. 10000 words)
April: Fill in most of the gaps and still-to-write sections. (Est. 10000 words) Get the script into Ren'Py and bugfixed and directed by end of April.
May: Fill remaining script gaps. Write and debug the combat engine. Create and debug the CG gallery. Playtesting and editing. Release the game by end of May!

Thank you very much to Musashi for the encouraging comments!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Deviot
Regular
Projects: Testing out completed Visual Novels?

#94 Post by Deviot »

waaaa, nice, i reallly enjoyed Elven relations 1.

But if i got tohko in ER 1, then i can't steal her from takuya in ER 2? D:
How many of you can go to sleep knowing you'll surely wake up tomorrow, take life for granted and picture yourself in the future? I....can't -Kirimiya Mizuki-

Those who are strong leaves a trail of blood and tears in their wake, sometimes their own, walking over bodies of friends and foes

Ramidel
Regular

#95 Post by Ramidel »

Deviot wrote:waaaa, nice, i reallly enjoyed Elven relations 1.

But if i got tohko in ER 1, then i can't steal her from takuya in ER 2? D:
'course you can!

Deviot
Regular
Projects: Testing out completed Visual Novels?

#96 Post by Deviot »

LOL Can't wait to see Kei vs Takuya.....rpg style ;D
How many of you can go to sleep knowing you'll surely wake up tomorrow, take life for granted and picture yourself in the future? I....can't -Kirimiya Mizuki-

Those who are strong leaves a trail of blood and tears in their wake, sometimes their own, walking over bodies of friends and foes

Ramidel
Regular

#97 Post by Ramidel »

Hm. It missed the May deadline...

kantocan1
Regular

#98 Post by kantocan1 »

Oh good, its pretty close to finish right? Looking good either way, can't wait to see
what happens in the story, i miss Takuya though :cry:
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

DaNorman

#99 Post by DaNorman »

I thought Chronoluminaire said it was coming out at the end of may... =/

I'm so excited, I just hope this isn't another Duke Nukem Forever..

Edit: I DEMAND AN UPDATE!

I kind of wish I was a paying customer, so I could get angrier.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#100 Post by kara24601 »

If I remember correctly since I love just about anything with elves in it, I must've at least liked - (if not loved) - elven relations...I'm equally crazy about mermaids so this is definitely something to look forward to. *thumbs up* Man, I really need to sit down and search my hard drive for old games someday and play them or download them again and then play them....actually I need a new hard drive anyway this one is way too full and I'm already working it way too hard every day as it is. *sighs*

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#101 Post by chronoluminaire »

Hi all. I guess I owe you an update.

Firstly, the baby's been born! Photos are here if anyone's interested. She's very cute :)

Second: yeah, that means Mermaid Liaisons is on somewhat of a pause. It was actually on something of a pause for a couple of months before that: I think just solidly working on the same game without breaks for so long was fatiguing me to the point where I couldn't face writing it any more. Well, I've certainly got my break now.

I definitely will return to the game and finish it. I don't know if it'll be this year or next.

The Duke Nukem Forever comparison is a little harsh. How about "the next Tales of Lemma 2"? :P

Anyway, I am very sorry to those who've been waiting for a while now. The game will happen, but it's going to take a while yet.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#102 Post by azureXtwilight »

chronoluminaire wrote:Hi all. I guess I owe you an update.

Firstly, the baby's been born! Photos are here if anyone's interested. She's very cute :)

Second: yeah, that means Mermaid Liaisons is on somewhat of a pause. It was actually on something of a pause for a couple of months before that: I think just solidly working on the same game without breaks for so long was fatiguing me to the point where I couldn't face writing it any more. Well, I've certainly got my break now.

I definitely will return to the game and finish it. I don't know if it'll be this year or next.

The Duke Nukem Forever comparison is a little harsh. How about "the next Tales of Lemma 2"? :P

Anyway, I am very sorry to those who've been waiting for a while now. The game will happen, but it's going to take a while yet.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I feel really sad now that you are taking a break, but I hope you'll be in a roll again soon!

Qookies
Regular

#103 Post by Qookies »

Yes CONGRATS!

DaNorman

#104 Post by DaNorman »

Haha, yes, congratulations. That definitely makes sense.

Jake
Support Hero

#105 Post by Jake »

chronoluminaire wrote: Firstly, the baby's been born! Photos are here if anyone's interested. She's very cute :)
Congratulations, to both of you! (Or all three, I guess!)

(And... is that a Pi By Numbers shirt? Bringing her up right from day one, it's good to see! ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found