Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Wushu Mastermind

Re: Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

#46 Post by Wushu Mastermind »

Yes! And I think they look older, too.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#47 Post by LVUER »

And ... they think older too right ^_^ I mean, adult-"er", hehehe...

icerain
Regular

#48 Post by icerain »

Awesome game. Can't wait for it to be released.~~`
Hi! Please visit my website.

teankun
Regular

#49 Post by teankun »

LVUER wrote:
teankun wrote:Is it just me or do the original ER characters look older?
icerain wrote:They will look older because it is the sequel for Elven Relations. How many years after the first game is Mermaid Liasons? I like Hirana here....
I believe what teankun means is that the character from ER1 is look older than ER2 (which is impossible according to the timeframe). I think it's all because a change in artistic style of the artist. Not in purpose.
No, I ment the original ER1 characters look older in ER2 than they did ER1

Thanks anyway
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Karasu_Noir
Regular

#50 Post by Karasu_Noir »

But I think that's true, this is the sequel after all.
Ooh, Hirana and the mermaid on the left looks cool, maybe I'll go for them first...
A life is a life, there's no need to rush anything.
Just sit back and relax.
But don't take too long.
.............Or darkness will eat you.

HeavensInnocence

#51 Post by HeavensInnocence »

*jumps up and down*oh boy i cant wait for it to come out
ImageImage

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#52 Post by chronoluminaire »

We're into July! (Yikes! :shock: )
And I've hit 50% of the way through the script!
Chapter 3 took an absolute age to finish, but now I'm basically done with it and moving on to chapter 4, yay.

Preview art! Have two event CGs, as promised :) I'd love to show you more than these, because SunKitten has produced some awesome event CG artwork, but I need to save most of it for the game... 8)

T-shirts! I made myself a Mermaid Liaisons T-shirt with spreadshirt.net, using the artwork you saw in my last post. It's come out very well: their printing quality is impressive, and it's comfy and inspiring :) So if you want, you can buy copies of the T-shirt too! Just head over to http://chronoluminaire.spreadshirt.net/ and enjoy. I'm planning to put a second one up there as well, with all four main girls on the front rather than 2 front/2 back.

It's great to see that Meressa and Cerissa (left and right in the preview pics respectively) both have their fans, as well as Hirana and Tohko. I'm enjoying the similarities and differences between their routes as I write 8)

Plans? I'm aiming to finish Chapter 4 before the end of this month, and make a start on the combat engine. Chapter 5 and the combats should be done by the end of August, leaving me September to finish Chapter 6, polish like the gallery, and release! ...At least, that's the plan :?
Attachments
A happy moment climbing trees
A happy moment climbing trees
A vast underwater cavern, with a carriage...
A vast underwater cavern, with a carriage...
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#53 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ooh! They look beautiful! I adore both CG, but I specifically loved the second one!
Now I wonder how Kei and one of the mermaid do if they fall in love with each other, they're in different 'worlds' right?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#54 Post by Blue Lemma »

Still waiting for my Tohko-service ;)

And hmm... Mermaids --> oceans --> beaches --> :cool:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Kittylove
Regular

#55 Post by Kittylove »

The ocean is such a beautiful and mysterious place, I can't wait to see more underwater screenshots! Good job.

[edit] Now that I look more closely, I have to say the underwater picture almost look like it was hand-painted, and it also has other different art techniques applied to it. It looks so cool! :D What did you guys use to create this, and how long did it take?

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

#56 Post by chronoluminaire »

Kittylove wrote:[edit] Now that I look more closely, I have to say the underwater picture almost look like it was hand-painted, and it also has other different art techniques applied to it. It looks so cool! :D What did you guys use to create this, and how long did it take?
SunKitten's been using a new program, ArtRage, to do some different art styles. She says the backgrounds take her about 2 hours, which I find faintly terrifying - I'd have thought they were more like 6 hour jobs :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

icerain
Regular

#57 Post by icerain »

That really is fast~! Wow! How far are you now, chronoluminaire? Can you give us more information about the new characters? I hope it won't be that hard to play. >__< I really hope you are done soon, and nothing unexpected will happen (like SunRider).

hikari-chan

#58 Post by hikari-chan »

I'm glad this is progressing so nicely. :) Everything looks great.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

Demo!

#59 Post by chronoluminaire »

Well... sorry I was late with the August update.
To be honest, I'm finding it a bit slow going at the moment. I'm more than 60% done with writing the script, but... there's still so much to go... :?

So I'm looking around for ways to try to encourage myself to keep going. And SunKitten's been asking me to release Chapter 1 of the game as a demo, and she suggested that might help my morale.

So... here you go - have a Mermaid Liaisons demo! :D 8)

It's just Chapter 1, which is easily the shortest chapter. There's no music yet, and the full game will probably have some more customisations. But it should give you a feel for how the game will be :)

All feedback very eagerly received! (Including constructive criticism as well as raving enthusiasm ;))
Attachments
Demo title screen.png
Mermaid Liaisons Demo-mac.zip
(13.9 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
Mermaid Liaisons Demo-linux-x86.tar.bz2
(10.45 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Mermaid Liaisons Demo.zip
(10.88 MiB) Downloaded 185 times

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#60 Post by Samu-kun »

The story looks like it's shaping up well. It's nice to see that there's an element of tension this time in that the good guys have a rival force trying to undo their efforts. I hope that the battles have more to do with the plot now that we have an established set of adversaries. Also, we have a white tiger this time around. That can only get good. (Meaning no more humiliating defeats at the hands of lowly bandits)

It's nice to see familiar faces from the first game. Will we ever get to see Asilana this time?

The art certainly is an improvement over the first game, but it's still far from perfect. It doesn't look like Yurika's hair has enough volume. Takuya and Yurika's uniforms seem too flat and look like they're made of rubber. Their legs are also split too high and everyone's arms seem a bit too long. I think Hirana's boobs are a bit too low, unless there's something about Eleven physiology that I don't know. The backgrounds generally don't really look that much better than filtered photographs and the abstract rectangular leaves tend to clash with the characters.

It's probably not worth delaying the game at this point to fix the art though. The art quality's better than the first game, so it should be good enough to be successful. Just finish the darned thing and don't forget to add plenty of fan service.