Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PrettySammy09
Veteran

Re: Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons

#61 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Omigosh!!! *spazzes and DLes*

Aaaahhhh, I'm already in love chronoluminaire! I love the new character - Hirana and her tiger, Moonshine are just adorable. I might go for her first. Then again, I might want to stick with Tohko for the first ending... Seeing Takuya on the screen is a nice change!

BUT OMIGOD EEEK - It's Makoto! He's back! ^____^ I was afraid he wasn't going to be in the game!! And he's coming along for the ride! I'm verrrry excited. (But who's this new girl he's so interested in?! :< Oh well. XD As long as he's in it!)

I'm loving the "pick your ending" format of the beginning. But that must be so much custom content to write. ;_; Good luck!

Oh, count on a chronoluminaire game to get me back into my fangirly ways. XD I'll be happily awaiting the full release! *goes to play more versions of the game.*

V2Blast
Regular

#62 Post by V2Blast »

Ooh, awesome. Looking forward to the eventual final release. (I generally don't download demos, for reasons even I don't understand. :P)
Pie is delicious.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#63 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D So great to meet these characters again ! Thanks a lot for the demo and I reaaaaaaaaaallly love that tiger !!!

icerain
Regular

#64 Post by icerain »

Hi! Please visit my website.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#65 Post by azureXtwilight »

I love the game already! And how the conversations will change depending on the choices. I was afraid when I accidentally removed ER1 from my laptop.. :P

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#66 Post by chronoluminaire »

Thanks for commenting, all! And thanks for the kind words and encouragement - it does make a difference :o :D

Oh, yeah, in case it wasn't clear: the demo intentionally makes it quite easy to continue from any ER1 ending. But that doesn't set anything permanent: even if you're played the demo, when you get the full game, you'll only be able to continue from your actually reached ER1 endings :)
Samu-kun wrote:The story looks like it's shaping up well. It's nice to see that there's an element of tension this time in that the good guys have a rival force trying to undo their efforts. I hope that the battles have more to do with the plot now that we have an established set of adversaries.
Heh. Well one of my aims was definitely to have the battles more to do with the plot: I think I've succeeded in all-but-one of those cases, and I'm working on that last one ;) When I told SunKitten who the second combat was between, her response was "Sweeeet :3" :lol:
Samu-kun wrote:It's nice to see familiar faces from the first game. Will we ever get to see Asilana this time?
Hopefully in a cameo, but unlikely to be more than that.
Samu-kun wrote:The backgrounds generally don't really look that much better than filtered photographs
As you can probably tell from - in fact all my other games, I have no problem with filtered photographs :) But some of the locations needed in this game are unlikely to exist as a photo anywhere for me to filter!
("Where we're going, there aren't any photos" 8) )
PrettySammy09 wrote:I'm loving the "pick your ending" format of the beginning. But that must be so much custom content to write. ;_; Good luck!
Heh. Thanks. For the most part, the routes merge again fairly quickly - although the Asilana-route continuations should demonstrate that I do pick up on those things in certain places later!
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#67 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

icerain wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... nRelations
TVtropes made a page about ER1.
I claim full responsibility for that. I really need to index it to Freeware Games.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Ramidel
Regular

Re: Elven Relations 2: Mermaid Liaisons [Demo available for DL!]

#68 Post by Ramidel »

Said page was actually what led me to ER, and thence to Lemmasoft, in the first place.

(Yes, that means I'm here because I've been trailing after Tsundere Lightning like a lost puppy. :P )

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Like I followed ChronoLuminare.

Time flows like a river, and history repeats... 8)
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Having just played the demo, I really do like the premise so far (looks like you took some of my earlier suggestions, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.)

Also, is it just me or are all the female elves in your series slightly ditzy? Not a bad thing, just pointing out that this is the immediate reaction I got.

I don't have Elven Relations on my hard drive at home (I can fix that), so no comment on the continuations yet; that being said, I really, really liked the "That's Lieutenant Shinozuka to you!" Nice to see that some things never change.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

#71 Post by chronoluminaire »

Well, it's September! And... Mermaid Liaisons is making steady progress, but... it's pretty unlikely the game'll be out this month :(

However, I am making steady progress. It'll be done, and before too long; I just don't know when. I don't know what I'll do if it continues into November; perhaps skip NaNoWriMo this year. Chapter 4 has been "nearly finished" for at least a couple of weeks, as I just start realising how much there is there; it's the largest chapter so far. But I think Chapter 6 may be smaller than I'd expected.

Have some preview art for September, anyway. Two characters you haven't seen yet, and two fun sprites that aren't in the demo for characters you already know.

Tsundere Lightning wrote:Having just played the demo, I really do like the premise so far (looks like you took some of my earlier suggestions, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.)
Hee, yay. I have indeed been very much bearing in mind a number of suggestions from a number of people; this is one of the nice things about creating games as part of a smallish community like this - you can directly respond to fans' or players' suggestions a bit more easily :)
Tsundere Lightning wrote:Also, is it just me or are all the female elves in your series slightly ditzy? Not a bad thing, just pointing out that this is the immediate reaction I got.
Well... The first game had a few other female elves at the dance who weren't like that, but they didn't have sprites, so you kinda have a point.
It is a bit unfortunate that Hirana's very much the "bright bouncy genki girl", which is the same role Asilana had (though I think Hirana's a bit more ditzy than Asilana). The character dynamics do want someone with a similar style to Asilana in the party, but it's unfortunate that Hirana can seem too similar. I am trying to ensure Hirana's her own character who's different to Asilana, though.
Tsundere Lightning wrote:I don't have Elven Relations on my hard drive at home (I can fix that), so no comment on the continuations yet
If you play the demo through to the end once, and wait through the credits, you may find a helpful note... :)
Tsundere Lightning wrote:that being said, I really, really liked the "That's Lieutenant Shinozuka to you!" Nice to see that some things never change.
Heh. It's nice having established characters and relationships that I can refer to and build on, certainly.
Attachments
SeptemberPreviewSprites.png
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Ramidel
Regular

#72 Post by Ramidel »

Well, after playing through the demo...

...It looks like Ending 1 was the True End for ER, to the extent that there was one. It certainly felt like the true ending.

I wonder how Tohko will take the thought of me chasing mermaid tail, mm? (Though I have a guess...)

That aside especially, you've got me all on the edge of my seat waiting for the actual game! Keep it up! (Since I'm on a new computer, I'd best download ER again and get cracking on unlocking everything so I don't have to wait for said true ending. :))
---
I can definitely see the differences between Asiliana and Hirana, so you're doing well there. Hirana's a warrior type, so that may color my perceptions, of course, but Asiliana wouldn't be playing with Makoto in quite the same way. One's a cute princess and one's a ranger.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#73 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

chronoluminaire wrote:
Tsundere Lightning wrote:Also, is it just me or are all the female elves in your series slightly ditzy? Not a bad thing, just pointing out that this is the immediate reaction I got.
Well... The first game had a few other female elves at the dance who weren't like that, but they didn't have sprites, so you kinda have a point.
It is a bit unfortunate that Hirana's very much the "bright bouncy genki girl", which is the same role Asilana had (though I think Hirana's a bit more ditzy than Asilana). The character dynamics do want someone with a similar style to Asilana in the party, but it's unfortunate that Hirana can seem too similar. I am trying to ensure Hirana's her own character who's different to Asilana, though.
Oh, don't get me wrong; they are clearly very different people in personality. They're just both ditzes, as well. :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran

#74 Post by chronoluminaire »

Hi all.
Er, as you may have noticed, I've not been active here for a while. I found that I needed to take a break after having spent about 5 months writing script reasonably solidly. Also, NaNoWriMo is very soon, and so my creative efforts are going on that at the moment :)

So I've postponed work on Mermaid Liaisons till probably January. I definitely want to get the game finished in 2010, hopefully the first half of 2010, but we'll have to see how things go once I get back to scriptwriting after having had a bit of a break.

Ramidel
Regular

#75 Post by Ramidel »

::weeps::