Genre: Visual Novel, RPG, FantasyStory
: Based in an original fantasy world
, this is the story of how one woman changed an entire nation. "Seraphine" was the name of a child who held a unique ability to destroy demon-like creatures. However, she went missing somewhere in her childhood and was never heard of again. Since she was the last hope for the land, it quickly began to fall into ruin. The game tells the tale of the party that was formed to seek her out, and the romance in between.Game Website: Click HereGame Features
- GxB, GxG
- 17+ Original Character Sprites
- In-Game CGs
- Full, Immersive Soundscapes
- Unique RPG Battle System
- 8+ Recruitable Characters
- Multiple Endings
- Ren'Py Engine
- 640x480 Interface
- Completely free =O
Players can expect to play as the woman named Ëre
. She is a hopeless helper at her local inn, and is a social outcast because people consider her mentally ill. She meets several characters, beginning with Basil
, a very proud, but very exiled nobelman, and Lander
, his sea-faring friend, who is more a gentleman than he appears. The rest are for you to discover! Everyone in this world has a secret it seems.
Basil - Lander - Nyuda
Waylon - Ysabel - Narkissa Battle System
: As the player advances through the story, the characters may encounter a battle. This mini-game is different from typical RPG battles in that they are more tactical. Attacks can only be made if a character has enough attack points (AP), which they generate every turn. Only one character in the party can attack each turn before the enemy has a chance to retaliate.
There are only four active skills that each character can use in any given battle. The characters may learn more than four skills as the game progress, in which case four are randomly chosen for each particular battle. This allows battles to be more unpredictable, especially if you decide to play the game again.
Battles may be turned off if you decide to play for the story only.
Fun fact: the story comes from a failed attempt to complete the actual NaNoWriMo challenge. xDCreditsSprite artist
: StriderDenCG artist
: blewhMain Menu watercolor
: LannySuBackground art
: Naruse NaokoMusic
: Erik HaddadTesters
: Glazed Donuts, broken_angelDemo DownloadDownload Here
: 2 HoursVersion
: 2.1Demo Notes
:- Voices are placeholders
- Some sound effects are on the music channel, because I have too many layers going on at once, so you might miss some SFX if you turn music off. No biggie.
- No EXP will be gained in the demo, mainly because I haven't coded it yet. Upgrading characters will mainly only be for their HP or attack DMG anyway. The main way to improve your characters, however, is by buying equipment at shops. You earn gold in battle or by completing quests (which often have battles).
- Animations and everything was coded before ATL, so things like fog and stuff might be a little buggy if I forgot to disable them before continuing or something. Still can't get the pan for moving in the wagon to work right without visibly jumping back to the start. ^^; Any tips on making a pan look endless are welcome.
- Locations are highlighted in yellow, and some you can actually click to view in the glossary.
- Not all glossary entries are there that should be, and most are just placeholders for when I actually sit down and write all the info about the towns. I also plan for each town's page to list the quests in them as a type of quest tracker.
- The demo is TWO HOURS or more, people. Be prepared. Think of it as a "chapter one" release of the story, though you'll have to replay it when the full thing is released. =P There is a lot of characterization and bumbling around. Hopefully it's not boring, but I want the characters and story to be real and involving. Otherwise I would've chosen another engine for this. I chose Ren'Py because I want to be able to storytell more than RPG.
- There are multiple branches in the story in just the demo alone. Multiple times, whether you have a moment with one of the guys depends on your actions you took previously. I can offer a walkthrough for getting either Basil's or Lander's scenes if you want to know what you're "missing."
- Stuff will be explained in the full game. Since I'm setting it up for the full game, which I predict will be long, answering every question in the span of the demo would be revealing my hand too early. Sorry if stuff confuses or intrigues you, but is just ignored. Also, since you'll probably wonder, naming Ere isn't useless, but the use isn't in the demo.
But I mainly did it just to make fun of naming characters in general. I wrote that a long time ago.
- Just in general, I wrote most of this a long time ago, which is why it took so long to release. I was upgrading my crappy coding. =P
- Battles on/off in the the options screen doesn't work, and I'll likely take it out for the final game.
- The language is a bit stylized, so it might be difficult to understand for non-native English speakers. I'm sorry about that. >_<
- Prologue song is "Ivo Bene" by Mediva.
- The game will error when you quit
, sometimes. I am working to resolve this.Changes to 2.0 version:- Added the option to turn battles OFF, and to give the option to make them EASY or HARD right before you start a new game. Easy battles halve the HP of enemies, and that's it. The "hard" difficulty was my normal difficulty that my testers hated, lol. xD So it's up to you how serious you want to take the battles.
- Added the Prologue, and the option to skip it. Just a sh*tty intro I wrote a long time ago to introduce the world. Art is by kryzenge.
- Added the Glossary. It's kinda buggy, but I'll be rewriting it when I have time so it flows better and doesn't require you to have to hit return twice to get back to the game.
- I now let the player shop and take on a Warden quest in Hodgewick. Before, the story was linear and just swept them out of the town. Now you can actually upgrade the characters for future battles, but only this once and who you can buy for depends on the actions you took before then ... so don't blow it, lol.
- Lander now comes with a shield! Yay for not dying so much!
- You can now cancel actions after you click them (the X in the middle of the screen), but ONLY for actions for more than one enemy. If there is only one enemy alive or in the battle, the action will happen immediately after you click, sorry!
- Added tutorial pages on the battles, though they suck. If any other battle stuff is unclear, I will address them.
- The game still ends after you leave Thjodhild ... I was going to open up the world so you can choose to end the demo or not, but would you guys want that even if you couldn't DO anything but just travel around? Well, you could tecnhically recruit Isolde if you had the gold, but no fights happen after that, so it's pointless. I haven't written the quests yet. >_<