Seraphine: Into the Wind

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Seraphine: Into the Wind (Fantasy GxB)

#46 Post by Aleema »

Glazed Donuts wrote:I'm somewhat new to the VN genre. I've played a few in the past, but it's a genre I wanted to revisit and learn more about. I can see how a project like this can help you learn Ren'Py more. There seems to be a lot of neat features included in your game :)
Well then, let me welcome you to the wonderful world that is visual novels. :D It's such a flexible medium that most everyone can enjoy. It's like a book, movie, and video game all rolled up into one. :3 Best way to learn Ren'Py is to take it and run with it. Crash course by actually trying to do it! Start small, then build off of it ... and definitely do a little research! Since you can use Python right in the script, you can do most anything python says it can in its documentation, so it's pretty powerful. Most everything comes down to "for"s and "if"s though. ;)

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#47 Post by playswithtribbles »

Out of mild curiosity, do you have a tentative release date for this or are you keeping on the back burner until Rock Robin is out?
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Glazed Donuts
Regular

#48 Post by Glazed Donuts »

Aleema wrote:
Glazed Donuts wrote:I'm somewhat new to the VN genre. I've played a few in the past, but it's a genre I wanted to revisit and learn more about. I can see how a project like this can help you learn Ren'Py more. There seems to be a lot of neat features included in your game :)
Well then, let me welcome you to the wonderful world that is visual novels. :D It's such a flexible medium that most everyone can enjoy. It's like a book, movie, and video game all rolled up into one. :3 Best way to learn Ren'Py is to take it and run with it. Crash course by actually trying to do it! Start small, then build off of it ... and definitely do a little research! Since you can use Python right in the script, you can do most anything python says it can in its documentation, so it's pretty powerful. Most everything comes down to "for"s and "if"s though. ;)
Thanks! Yeah, that's pretty much how I learn most languages. I just play around with the engine to see what I can do with it. the engine seems very powerful from some of the games I've seen made with it, so I'm curious to see what I can come up with :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#49 Post by Aleema »

playswithtribbles wrote:Out of mild curiosity, do you have a tentative release date for this or are you keeping on the back burner until Rock Robin is out?
Hmm, well, yes technically I'm not working on it now, so it would be hard to say, especially with my f'ed schedule thanks to life.

I could release a demo right now, though. I didn't think anyone would be interested though. ^^; Kinda embarrassed to look back on my coloring of the characters, too. But if you want to try the demo, I could ask someone to test it and then spit it out at you guys. Let that roast while I work behind the scenes.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#50 Post by sayuri »

I am actually interested in a demo, I've been watching the project for a few months now.

aya001
Regular

#51 Post by aya001 »

A demo???

If you really have the time, and is not much of a problem, I'll gladly play the demo ^^

Yunome
Regular

#52 Post by Yunome »

I'd love to play the demo! This game looks so interesting, I just can't wait =D

Red Lilies
Regular

#53 Post by Red Lilies »

I'd love to see a demo. I've been stalking this since I joined. XD
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#54 Post by azureXtwilight »

A demo? Yes please! I'm very interested in this :)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Seraphine: Into the Wind (Fantasy RPG)

#55 Post by Riviera »

I'd also love a demo. This game looks very interesting!~
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#56 Post by Victoria »

*cheers for a demo*
You know at least 10 people would play it =D
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#57 Post by sayuri »

I just want to comment that the watercolor (I say that, might be pastel) art of Seraphine is absolutely beautiful. It's my wallpaper right now ^^.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Aleema »

Waaah. All these requests for a demo. ;_; "Where is it, Aleema!?" I stupidly decided to rebuild the battle engine, because the original was a mess that I learned from trial and error. Really unstable and buggy. I learned alot about python since then, so I figured I'd just rebuild it. and I did, but there's this one error I can't get to go away, so. =\

Anyway, I agree that Lanny's watercolor is pure awesome! I made it the game's main menu bg. :3

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by Aleema »

Okay, demo is almost ready for release, need a playtester/editor to have a go at it before I post it, though. Does anyone volunteer?
(Native English, since the language is a bit difficult.)

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#60 Post by broken_angel »

I would love to be a tester/editor. C: