RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

#586 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Haha sorry... I closed the window as soon as I got it... ^.^''''

I guess Ill play it again and try and trigger the bug again.
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#587 Post by Aleema »

Chushiki Maho wrote:Haha sorry... I closed the window as soon as I got it... ^.^''''

I guess Ill play it again and try and trigger the bug again.
No, no. You don't have to do that. :P Please, only report bugs when you run into them. You don't have to do any extra work for me!

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#588 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Don't forget and spelling, grammatical, or wrong tense errors you notice. 90% of the time it's one we've already fixed, but you might be the 10%.

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#589 Post by briannavon »

Any updates? I just loved the demo!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#590 Post by gekiganwing »

I've also been hoping to hear more about RockRobin. Please let us know if the project is still active, or if any form of assistance is needed.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#591 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

gekiganwing wrote:I've also been hoping to hear more about RockRobin. Please let us know if the project is still active, or if any form of assistance is needed.
You guys will probably be best checking out the Rock Robin forum for updates (link in OP) since that's where they post most of the stuff :)

Oestaira

#592 Post by Oestaira »

Thanks a ton for the update, I'll watch for the official updates in the future (the site had disappeared when I initially looked). I also wanted to clarify some of my statements that in hindsight seem a bit harsh. I love the detail that went into the characters. From a development standpoint, they are perfect. The protagonist is believable, the supporting roles both robust and intriguing. My dislike of the characters is purely based on personality conflict on my part, not due to any flaw in the game itself. And the fact that I have personality clash with the characters only does more to highlight the fact that they are well fleshed out. After all, you can't dislike the character of an individual if it's inconsistent or incomplete.
I hope others will continue to play the demo and support the team's efforts.

Kay

#593 Post by Kay »

I was trying to check out the RockRobin page today, for updates and news, but (on both my computers) I get a warning about the site hosting malware and potentially infecting people's computers. Has it been hacked? Has anyone else experienced this? I just thought I'd ask before probing any further.

Thanks in advance!
Image credit to Murry Lancashire.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#594 Post by gekiganwing »

This topic has been really quiet lately. But Aleema's site is still online (I just checked). And there have been updates in just the last few days, even if some of them are just forum posts. It's been a long journey for RockRobin... hopefully the game will reach the next level of completion in the near future.

Oestaira

#595 Post by Oestaira »

Tried to check the site today, got an error that aleema.com could not be found. Uh-oh.

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#596 Post by inhalance »

That's some pretty disappointing news... I hope they'll contact us or let us know anything about the game's progress or where they're standing in terms of development at the moment :\\
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

aya001
Regular

#597 Post by aya001 »

Someone knows if Rock Robin proyect is dead. There is no news, the web is down and it's been already weeks for not saying months since the web went down.

Anyone knows if Aleema dropped the proyect. That will be sad because I really loved and was waiting for this awesome game :S

I hope to see news in the future, at least to know if this proyect will continue or if it's really dropped :S

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#598 Post by RunicV »

I'm pretty sure RockRobin just went on an unsaid hiatus for a while. As long as Aleema is alive and kicking, she definitely wouldn't drop this, not after putting in so much work. She's just busy with other stuff, but I'm sure she'll eventually return to this. Even if it's a few years, haha.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#599 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Al is a very busy girl these days. I've not properly heard from her in quite a while (mostly due to me dropping off the world for months at a time on a fairly regular basis) but I doubt very much this project is totally dead. We worked very hard and very fast for a long period of time and this is likely a mixture of lack of free time and mutual burnout.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#600 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Welp, got in touch with her! She's moving the site to a new domain. I'm not surprised by this, the old one gave us a whole host of problems.