[Sci-fi Thriller Visual Novel] - Existence: Way of Absolute-

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Sirlion

[Sci-fi Thriller Visual Novel] - Existence: Way of Absolute-

#1 Post by Sirlion »

So, this would be my first project, and I hope to make it real good.

I'm a big fan of the Infinity series by KID and Kotaro Uchikoshi's work, so this VN will have elements heavily inspired (but NOT copy-paste, I assure you) by Ever17, Remember11 and others.

Existence: Way of Absolute tells the story of Reiko, a young 24 years old psychologist that works for a pharmaceutical company specialized in biotechnologies.
She and her colleague, Hideo, are sent on a hypertechnological train called Transit 0, the first train ever to offer the same confort as a cruise liner, divide in 3 levels from top to bottom.
Their mission is vital for their company: a famous politician that's onboard the train must be stopped before he opposes to a law against biotechnology research and its implications in the field of weapons of mass
destruction. Since their company is also interested in biological weapons, his vote could determine the company's fate in a matter of seconds, therefore they need to intervene as quickly as possible, trying to persuade him not to vote.
But the mysterious disease that affects Reiko, the so called "Angel's Grave", prevents her from keeping up with his partner. Strange visions, paranoia, insanity... slowly, the world that surrounds her shatters to pieces.

"Whats going on? Who are these people? Where am I?"

Slowly, silently, the wheel has already began to turn. The hour hand is in motion. Time never stops. Time is omnipresent. The very essence of Reiko's life will be tested on a cruel escape from destiny.

"What is real? Who am I ?"

What should've been a simple mission becomes an unstoppable nightmare.

Now, a couple of screens:

Yes, its in italian. But its just the first language in which I'm going to translate it. I have plans to translate Existence in 3 languages: italian, english and czech. More could come after that, maybe german and even japanese.

Dont bother looking at the sprites, as they are... meh... lets say that I'm not good at drawing. At all. Consider them as placeholders until I find a good artist that could work for me.
As for the backgrounds, they are all made into a 3D program, I'm very skilled in 3D graphics and have no problem doing good quality BGs.

Hope that this project could interest you :)
Last edited by Sirlion on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: [Sci-fi Thriller Visual Novel] - Existence: Way of Absol

#2 Post by papillon »

I certainly enjoy complicated plots, so if you manage to polish up a good one I'll be interested. :)

Nejisa
Regular
Projects: Third Eye

#3 Post by Nejisa »

I have to say that plots with philosophy stuff reall, really catch me. I didn´t get the point exactly, though, but it certainly is eyechatching. I really wish you luck and hope you update a demo soon :lol:

By the way~ are you going to release it in italian first?

Bye~

Sirlion

#4 Post by Sirlion »

Nejisa wrote:I have to say that plots with philosophy stuff reall, really catch me. I didn´t get the point exactly, though, but it certainly is eyechatching. I really wish you luck and hope you update a demo soon :lol:

Bye~
Heh, the story is kind of complicated indeed. I was very careful not to spoil anything. In fact, I didnt tell much... dont want to spoil the surprises, as there are many.

I was hoping to release both italian and english versions at the same time, to be honest, I dont see the point in releasing italian only first, as the number of italian VN fans is really low. I need a much bigger audience :D

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#5 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh ho, more Sci-fic stuff, I like. Like Nejisa, I don't completely understand, but I don't think I need to. The game would explain it. And you make beautiful bgs <3
I'll look forward for this!

Nejisa
Regular
Projects: Third Eye

#6 Post by Nejisa »

Sirlion wrote:
Nejisa wrote:I have to say that plots with philosophy stuff reall, really catch me. I didn´t get the point exactly, though, but it certainly is eyechatching. I really wish you luck and hope you update a demo soon :lol:

Bye~
Heh, the story is kind of complicated indeed. I was very careful not to spoil anything. In fact, I didnt tell much... dont want to spoil the surprises, as there are many.

I was hoping to release both italian and english versions at the same time, to be honest, I dont see the point in releasing italian only first, as the number of italian VN fans is really low. I need a much bigger audience :D
Yeah, i thought so~
Actually, it is the same with me. I´m currently doing a visual novel in spanish but im planning to release it in english ASAP. Anyways, i just wish you luck and you must know that i will play the demo as soon as it is up :lol:

bye~

Sirlion

#7 Post by Sirlion »

Wow its been a year since I came here :o I finally have some time to post some more :)
The project isnt dead, at all. To be honest I'm at 25 percent of completion and I'm very happy with the results.

How about some screenshot from the prologue:

My betatesters confirm the game plays nice for now :) hope to give you something more, like a demo, soon.
Uhm also, I'm still looking for musicians.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#8 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I'm a big fan on Infinity Series too ! ^_^
And I'm glad I found such topic that interest me here...(sci-fi, thriller, biothecnology, pharmaceutical company, strange disease and such...)
The premise so far is definitely interesting ! And don't worry about the quality of your sprites ! They're perfectly fine, and kudos for the great BGs too
By the way, the main character looks like...Kokoro Fuyukawa from Remember 11 ?! Yeah, it's definitely her ^_^
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Sirlion

#9 Post by Sirlion »

Hahah yes its Kokoro, the design was inspired by her. Thank you so much ^^

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#10 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Sirlion wrote:Hahah yes its Kokoro, the design was inspired by her. Thank you so much ^^
And the guy next to Reiko looks like Yukidoh Satoru too :D
although the real Satoru is the guy with a black hair and formal dress. Lol. Remember 11 is surely mind-blowing
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL