[WIP] Caesar's Fate (GxB) -- Hiatus: November 1st 2011!--

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

[WIP] Caesar's Fate (GxB) -- Hiatus: November 1st 2011!--

#1 Post by Elenakiara »

Hiatus: Sorry everyone! :( My computer died on me and off with it went my photos and my updated text. That and since I'm actively participating in my university to try and get an internship... I barely have the time to even be with my family and pets! Hopefully there'll be some time in my life when I'll have a little more time to devote to this project, but I definitely can't forsee any time at the moment. Very sorry about that. :(

Logo by Auro-Cyanide! ;)

Plot:
You, the main character, play a young woman who has been brought back to the past to try and stop Julius Caesar from being assassinated! Whether you actually save him or not is up to you as you interact with other people to find out the real reasons for everyone's actions!

Disclaimer:
I may portray Ancient Rome as being more beautiful than it was, as the main character is going to be mostly around wealthy Romans. Some small historical differences might come up in the story. xD Some intentional and some not. Some ages have been brought down slightly(or a little more as you will see)! xD Mostly they are around 5 years younger just for this novel. :3 This a historical fiction afterall! ;)

Characters:

[Image in the works]
Main Character:
Name: It will be chosen by you. :)
Description: She has had an uneventful life and is just tired of living in a cheap appartment building. She's a curious person in general, which has annoyed some of her previous coworkers and classmates. The rest of her personality traits will be up to you! :)

"Friend":
Name: [Secret for now xD]
Description: She is a family member from Caesar's family and is the one who brings the MC back in time. She helps introduce the MC to the rich society around Caesar so that she will save him.

Possible Guys:

[Image in the works]
Emperor:
Name: Julius Caesar
Description: He is a serious, ambitious man who is a little bit distracted at times. He is very goal-oriented and stubborn at times. I'm still tweaking his personality some more at the moment. xD

[Image in the works]
Slave:
Name: Marcipor
Description: A slave that has been serving Mark Antony and Caesar for a very long time. He is shy and doesn't like all the attention that some women give him. It's probably because he is the only slave that is old enough to be flirted with and young enough to still be attractive in their eyes. He is always helpful and kind, but is this just because he is forced to be that way?

My friend wants everyone to know that this is her first drawing of a man... so yeah... xD Comments are still appreciated?
Potential Assassin? + Politician
Name: Marcus Junius Brutus
Description: He is a quiet person, often keeping his emotions in check. There are a few subjects that can make his blood boil, but it is really rare that he actually screams or insults someone. He only really talks with the people in the Senate and with Caesar.

[Image in the works]
Politician and a General
Name: Mark Antony
Description: He is a man who loves the attention that he gets in the Senate and generally just likes to live life to the fullest. He goes to different events and loves discussing all kinds of subjects with the people he's with.

+ There will be about 2 endings for each character and the story will represent a week-worth of events. This will be a mystery, action, romance and a "sort of" slice of life story! +

Current Progress:

Story: 95% Complete
Actual Script + Programming: 9%
-----
Statistics: (updated on May 28th, 2011!)

The game contains 1,178 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 10,480 words,
for an average of 8.9 words per screen.
The game contains 20 menus.
-----
Character Images: 2/6 Done (So around 33.3% xD)
Background Images: Concepts done, coloring and drawing will start soon!
Music: Currently, royalty-free music is being used.
CG : xD When I'm almost done, I'll see if my friend can make them too or if I find someone to help! xD

"Staff":

Me: Script, Programming, Backgrounds, Finding Music xD
Friend: Practicing her character art and hopefully some CGs too xD...Too busy. :S
Choklitchan: Our new character artist! <3 (Preview here)
Auro-Cyanide: The Awesome Logo! (As seen in my signature and the top of this post! ;)) Also, it's going to be used for the new and improved menu! :)

I may be looking for some help with my backgrounds later, as I am really bad at shading and changing the look to fit the time... (For example, showing a night time version of a room).
Any and all suggestions for improvement of the characters or the initial story idea will be loved and considered! :)
Attachments
CurrentMenu.PNG
Last edited by Elenakiara on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am, edited 21 times in total.
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Caesar's Fate (GxB)

#2 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@elenakiara:
interesting story~ :)
too bad I'm not into julius caesar things, but it'll be great to try this out! :D

for changing the night time version of room, why not use photoshop and change the contrast/brightness or the hue etc.??
well never actually try it in a room, but mine become darker~

Elenakiara
Veteran

#3 Post by Elenakiara »

Hehe, yeah, Ancient Rome isn't the most popular of ancient times for people... xDD I'll try to help improve people's interests in that era then! :3
I will try and keep that in mind for photoshop. xD I just also need to add the light that a small fire would produce in the dark room. >_< The hardest part! Haha... xD

By the way, I updated the drawing for the 'friend'. xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@elenakiara: she's beautiful!
Just my opinion but isn't her hair too wavy??
lol
but it's great in any way^^

Elenakiara
Veteran

#5 Post by Elenakiara »

Hehe, it might be! :O xD I told my friend to make it as wavy as possible, though we might retweak the images before releasing the game! ;) Thanks for the comment! :)

Aetheria
Regular

#6 Post by Aetheria »

Er, why on earth would anyone want to travel back in time and prevent Caesar from being assassinated, thus messing with the course of history in a rather profound and, dare I say, irresponsible way? Unless they were a rabid fan of the Divine Comedy or something?

Also, the real Caesar, Brutus and Mark Antony were all married at the time the game would take place, as well as having a large assortment of ex-wives and mistresses running around. So casting them as obtainable characters in an otome VN strikes me as a little... weird. I'm not sure that the story as you present it to us takes into account just how strange and somewhat disturbing such a romance plot would be.

Winter

#7 Post by Winter »

I think this sounds really cool! :D Even though it's not historically accurate, I'm still definitely playing it. (and you even have mystery elements? My fave!) I'm curious to see how you will portray Caesar, Brutus and Antony as dateable guys~

And the artwork is sooo pretty <3 I can't wait for more info!

Elenakiara
Veteran

#8 Post by Elenakiara »

@ Aetheria: Haha, yes, unfortunatly, it was quite rare to find single roman men... XD So, I'm just going to try and write around it... somehow.. :O xD That's mainly why I wrote the disclaimer... xD

@ Winter: I'll do my best and my friend(the artist) is going to do her best as well, even though she never drew guys before, especially older ones. XDD

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Showsni »

Aw, we can't date Casca? XD

Really interesting premise, though it would probably have very profound and far reaching effects on the modern day if you did manage to save him. I'll be interested to see how you pull this off... Good luck!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#10 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Aetheria wrote:Er, why on earth would anyone want to travel back in time and prevent Caesar from being assassinated, thus messing with the course of history in a rather profound and, dare I say, irresponsible way? Unless they were a rabid fan of the Divine Comedy or something?

Also, the real Caesar, Brutus and Mark Antony were all married at the time the game would take place, as well as having a large assortment of ex-wives and mistresses running around. So casting them as obtainable characters in an otome VN strikes me as a little... weird. I'm not sure that the story as you present it to us takes into account just how strange and somewhat disturbing such a romance plot would be.
I think it would depend. There have been plenty of stories that have time travel in them. For the sake of logic, I would either a) have Caesar be assassinated anyway or b) have the involvement of our character either directly or indirectly lead to the death of Caesar, maybe as the story goes or a different way. This obviously leads to a much darker story. Otherwise I think it would be fine to take a more humorous look on things, say like Modern Histories or whatever that show was called.

It may just be me having a darker mind, but I would be okay playing a story dealing with married men if it was in a historical context. Just saying.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#11 Post by sake-bento »

Or make an alternate reality. Those make everything better! It is nice to have a bit of historical fiction and time travel, though. Those are always fun. XD

Elenakiara
Veteran

#12 Post by Elenakiara »

Haha, thanks for all of your posts! I will keep the endings to be a bit more realistic and not too time-changing! xD I do want to have maybe two or three positive endings for caesar though... xD But, you'll all just have see how it works out! ;)

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#13 Post by Twisted-Eva »

Don't worry about the story being too wonky, since I'm also doing an alternate history of sorts for my project taking place during the Napoleonic Wars (bringing women's rights to join the military and such...) XD. If you're going to break some rules then break them with an alternate reality. Though I do agree that it's a bit weird to have known people such as Caesar and Brutus be attainable guys since someone said here that they're taken. Unless you decide to have the heroine travel further back in time before Caesar, Brutus, or anyone else is married... Or just kill their wives/fiánces off XD. Then again, you can just ignore what I said since you're almost done with the story.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

Elenakiara
Veteran

#14 Post by Elenakiara »

Twisted-Eva wrote:Don't worry about the story being too wonky, since I'm also doing an alternate history of sorts for my project taking place during the Napoleonic Wars (bringing women's rights to join the military and such...) XD. If you're going to break some rules then break them with an alternate reality. Though I do agree that it's a bit weird to have known people such as Caesar and Brutus be attainable guys since someone said here that they're taken. Unless you decide to have the heroine travel further back in time before Caesar, Brutus, or anyone else is married... Or just kill their wives/fiánces off XD. Then again, you can just ignore what I said since you're almost done with the story.
Oh yes! :O I did see your project on this forum. xD I'm looking forward to read it! :3

The hard thing about ancient times were that they just married too quickly! >_< xD So it could only work if I'd go back to when they were children! xD Hehe, it's alright though! xD I'll just try and write in a more interesting manner to help and take the player's mind off some of the real facts. xD While I am almost done with organizing everything, I still have left some space for potential changes. xD

So thanks a lot for your comment! :3 I will try and maybe write that it's an alternate reality, I just seem to be scared of that word. XD I don't know why. >.<

Elenakiara
Veteran

#15 Post by Elenakiara »

Update:

Here's what the main character will look like!

She is unfinished, because my friend's still working on her hair and her other outfits! xD When she'll be done, it will be posted in the first post! :3

Also, the beginning of the story has been written and the choices will start! :3 Next stop, more writing and drawing some backgrounds! :D