Who is he?! (GxB) (updated 13/09/11)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mcandy
Regular
Projects: ~Lucky~ (GxB)

Who is he?! (GxB) (updated 13/09/11)

#1 Post by mcandy »

Okay I've decided to work on this project since its not going to be that long, hope you enjoy it guys XD
#I decided to change the situation a bit, but the main plot stays the same.

Title: Who is he?!
Genre: Mystery, drama?, romance, comedy :)
Its a non-commercial! (yippee for free games)

Rio is an ordinary high-school student, attending an ordinary school and lives in an ordinary house. Although its her parents that drive her mad. When her irresponsible drunk father makes a deal with a stranger Rio's life becomes anything but ordinary.

The only clue that she has is he that attends her school and that they've met once in their childhood past.

Can Rio find out who this mysterious boy is before its too late? Or will she fall in love with him without even noticing?

Info:
MAIN~Image
Name: Rio
Hates: Speeding cars
Fears: ???
Rio is considered a boring girl at school and tends to day dream alot. She enjoys rollerskating and watching her weekly dramas. She hates people looking down on her and can sometimes have a grumpy attitude (when pissed) cause of her parents.

3 obtainable guys~
Name: Ken
The well-known baseball player in Hana's school. He's famous for his good looks and outgoing personality, but is there something that Rio is hiding from him?

Name: Shinji Image
The mysterious guy that was rumored to be in the yakuza for his aggressive temper, scars and dirty money.

Name: Yagami Image
The quiet boy that is rumored to own half of the country (exaggerated much?).

The Friends~
Name: Hana Image
Hates: Cheese
Fears: Bugs
Hana is Rio's Best Friend. She is in the newspaper club and loves gossiping around. She will do ANYTHING for a big scoop.

Name: Ryu
Hates: Exercise
Fears: Hana
Rio's only guy friend. He's kind of a player? but lacks actual skill to get any girls. Hana always lectures him.

UPDATEDThe RIVALS!

Name: Inoue
Hates: Milk
Fears: High places
Inoue a quiet girl who is 2 years below Rio. She's seen around the library and is oftening hiding.

Name: Aiko Image
Hates: Cleaning
Fears: Bad hair day
A cheerful and bright girl that is part of cheerleading club. She is often seen near sport fields.

Name: Mei Image
Hates: People who stand in her way...
Fears: Ghosts
Mei a girl with a tough attitude. She is in the same year as Rio but never really met.

##I'm re-drawing the characters so please wait X3
Want to see the full ver of them? Click here!

Help will be gladly accepted >o<

Progress:
Story: 99% (Just in case something new pops up)
Script 15% . . .
CGs: 0% (I'm sorry)
Sprites: 30% (Done planning sketches)
Music: 80% (Need background music :P)
Background: 90%
Last edited by mcandy on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:38 am, edited 29 times in total.
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!
~Lucky~ (GxB) - Romance, Mystery, Comedy, Slice of life, School
Who is He?!(GxB) - Romance, mystery, comedy, school

MY DEVIANTART PROF!
Click here~!-You can view all of my artworks here :3

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

Re: Who is he?! (GxB)

#2 Post by Elenakiara »

Hehe, it seems weird that someone in this day and age would be forced to get married, though I'm sure some of this might happen sometimes... xD This story subject does sound more creative than the usual school stories are, so good luck with the story! :)
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Julie
Regular

#3 Post by Julie »

A couple months ago, I've read a manga (or manwha - I can't remember) with the same plot as this but I haven't finished it yet. XD I hope you'll add a little something to make this game more original. Good luck. ^^

mcandy
Regular

#4 Post by mcandy »

Elenakiara wrote:Hehe, it seems weird that someone in this day and age would be forced to get married, though I'm sure some of this might happen sometimes... xD This story subject does sound more creative than the usual school stories are, so good luck with the story! :)
Yeah it is weird but in this case....XP
but thank yooouh anyways! :D
A couple months ago, I've read a manga (or manwha - I can't remember) with the same plot as this but I haven't finished it yet. XD I hope you'll add a little something to make this game more original. Good luck. ^^
Yeah there are quiet alot of mangas like this but yeah I'm making mine original so it doesn't sound cliche X3 Thank youu anywaysssssss :)!
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Well, Zero Count is one of the manga that has a very similar plot:

"One day, Nao's father suddenly announces shocking news! Because his friend helped him with his debts, Nao's father agreed to have Nao and his friend's son engaged! Nao is furious with this agreement and transfers to her fiancé's school, Kaei Academy, in order to make her fiancé break off the engagement. But how can Nao force her fiancé to break it off when she doesn't know what he looks like?! Join Nao in her quest to find her "husband-to-be"!!" <Synopsis from Manga-Updates.

You may want to check it out and see what they have done. She was given a list of features as well so that she could find him and break off the engagement (His name starts with m, he is afraid of heights, he has a mole on his waist, something, something). It sounds pretty close. Not that I think you would actually get sued or anything, and people would probably still play the game, but still, it has been done before. If you get what I mean. Unless you have a super plot twist up your sleeve.

mcandy
Regular

#6 Post by mcandy »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Well, Zero Count is one of the manga that has a very similar plot:

"One day, Nao's father suddenly announces shocking news! Because his friend helped him with his debts, Nao's father agreed to have Nao and his friend's son engaged! Nao is furious with this agreement and transfers to her fiancé's school, Kaei Academy, in order to make her fiancé break off the engagement. But how can Nao force her fiancé to break it off when she doesn't know what he looks like?! Join Nao in her quest to find her "husband-to-be"!!" <Synopsis from Manga-Updates.

You may want to check it out and see what they have done. She was given a list of features as well so that she could find him and break off the engagement (His name starts with m, he is afraid of heights, he has a mole on his waist, something, something). It sounds pretty close. Not that I think you would actually get sued or anything, and people would probably still play the game, but still, it has been done before. If you get what I mean. Unless you have a super plot twist up your sleeve.
Yeh I checked it out, and I agree the plot is similar but she isn't transferring to another school, and the features don't end up being 5 different guys or whatever it really is only one guy. The inside stories are different so yeah, but there are many stories that are based on others so please don't think im copying or anything. But thank you anyways :)
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

Just because it's been done, doesn't mean it can't be done again. I actually read a manga as well that had a similar plot to start off, then later got into all kinds of supernatural stuff and she ended up being a demon and.. I forget the name but it was more than just that initial plot point.

As long as other stuff is going on underneath this overarching plot line, like you seem to indicate is going to happen, it should turn out just fine. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

mcandy
Regular

#8 Post by mcandy »

Riviera wrote:Just because it's been done, doesn't mean it can't be done again. I actually read a manga as well that had a similar plot to start off, then later got into all kinds of supernatural stuff and she ended up being a demon and.. I forget the name but it was more than just that initial plot point.

As long as other stuff is going on underneath this overarching plot line, like you seem to indicate is going to happen, it should turn out just fine. :)
Yep thats right thank you :'D
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Re: Who is he?! (GxB) (edited 14/06/11)

#9 Post by ririruetoo »

It sounds really interesting! I'll help in whatever way I can!!
ImageImageImage

mcandy
Regular

#10 Post by mcandy »

ririruetoo wrote:It sounds really interesting! I'll help in whatever way I can!!
Thank you soooooooooooooo much X3, any help will be gladly accepted!
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

cec3299

#11 Post by cec3299 »

if you need help i can try to help you.it looks like a intresting game!^_^

mcandy
Regular

#12 Post by mcandy »

cec3299 wrote:if you need help i can try to help you.it looks like a intresting game!^_^
TT_TT Thank you! Please pm for questions XD
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

mcandy
Regular

Re: Who is he?! (GxB) (updated 12/09/11)

#13 Post by mcandy »

Whoot edited characters!!! XD Hopefully they are better than my last ones
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!

MY DEVIANTART PROF!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Who is he?! (GxB) (updated 13/09/11)

#14 Post by WickedRaccoon »

hey,like the game synopsis,can't wait to play it.is it still on-going?