Seeking Skilled Artist

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Majik Karp

Seeking Skilled Artist

#1 Post by Majik Karp »

I don't have any funds to toss out for the help I need, but I promise full mention of your work.
If I make some money later on, I'd gladly paypal you some to show my appreciation

I'm a Musician, currently working on my first album to drop on spotify, my problem is I need an album cover. I have vision so it might be to difficult idk lol.
My first album I drop is gonna be an anonymous album I'll drop as Majik Karp, the first one is just to get all thats on my mind out, the good, the bad, the ugly. My second album I hope to come out as myself and start focusing on the message and purpose of my music.

Anyways thats the nutshell backstory. My vision is a symbol, not only an album cover. A Magic Carp pokemon turned upside down eye's X'd underwater, above have a spiritual transparentish smiling magic carp, with ripples forming in the water, and Splashes signifying the upward ascension of the spirit, then directly above the spiritual form start having blue with traces of purple which are transparent patches conforming into a burning transparent soul form of garados on a path to beyond.

I'd like a symbol which I can carry on in my later years as a musician, dead magic carp- spiritual magic carp- soul form garados. which I could have made into a iron on patch or something.
The cover as far as my general ideas, you as the artist can add you own flavor into the mix.

I hope I explained what I see well enough lol, and I greatly appreciate any artist who attempts this master piece designed to inspire. Lets grow together as artist!

Thank you

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Seeking Skilled Artist

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Majik Karp wrote:I don't have any funds to toss out for the help I need, but I promise full mention of your work.
If I make some money later on, I'd gladly paypal you some to show my appreciation [...] I'd like a symbol which I can carry on in my later years [...]which I could have made into a iron on patch or something.
Honestly, nobody's just going to do art like this for free, especially when you intend to sell albums and possibly sell merchandise using an artist's work. Not when there are royalties at stake.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Majik Karp

#3 Post by Majik Karp »

Album sells are a very long ways off lol, it would just be up on spotify if anything. I'm not into the music for money. I'm in it to help reach people.
it could be another year before I have a complete record maybe longer, working on building a solid band right now, thats still very much in the works lol.
I was just trying to be honest on what the artist artwork would be used for in the end. I didn't come here expecting a handout. Just thought someone might share in my vision. Who knows there probably still is (:

Peace & love be with you

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Sorry, the LSF is a forum revolving around the creation of visual novels and story-based games, not music albums. This thread is off-topic for our forum.

Locking.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira