Update: I was overwhelmed by offers!! so even if I said would consider people for future projects, I got so many that would be enough for the next 3 years
and decided to close the offer for now (though might open again in future if some of current writers disappear!).
Today I realized that I'm a bit behind with some of my games projects, and this time (surprise!) is not because of artists, but of writers
So, I'm opening another position for writers. A few things to remember:
- this is PAID, so I expect NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS (or people that can write very well
). I'll probably use an editor to check the typos/mistakes but the texts should be grammatically correct!
- I pay only through paypal (should be obvious, but better be sure!) and I always pay on time (ask Aleema, sake-bento, Deji and other people from this forum I worked with in the past).
- I need some examples of your work, of course, to judge your skills
- if you prefer a specific genre (otome, horror, mystery) please TELL ME. I think that if you write something you love, you do a better job. and since I plan to have a good variety of games, this is important for me to know as well!
- I give indications to writers, but I like when they add some personal touches (write some stuff on their own) though is not a requirement. In general I give a good description of scenes to write (example below)
- speed: it's not much about how fast you go, but a mix between quality and speed. I think at least one scene a week should be enough to make me happy (see I don't ask much!
- if you disappear for one month without any explanations (is enough a short email to tell me why) I will move to next writer (sorry but had to take some measures after many people disappointing me in the past!!)
- PM me or better send an email to [email protected]
for more info
Example of indications I give to my writers (taken from Heileen3):
#Heileen is walking on the bridge at night after dinner, and sees a bad scene: the crew is looking badly at Ebele and Robert. Not really racism (I didn't put it in the first two games, so don't want to put it in this one as well) but they see them as too much different so are somewhat hostile/scared about them. Heileen thinks that is also because of their clothes. While Heileen got a pirate outfit when she was saved, Robert and Ebele are still dressed with rags.
#Heileen goes to Morgan cabin to ask him: while he is more friendly than Juliet, he says that he cannot give them a free outfit, otherwise the rest of the crew might start doubting his leadership since he is too much generous with strangers.
#CHASTITY - Heileen then says that it's not only her problem, but Morgan's too. Morgan wonders what she is referring to, and Heileen asks him what he thinks of Ebele. He is surprised, but says that she is one of the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. Heileen scoffs and is a bit jealous (like saying, there was no need to say so much!), but she agrees and explains to Morgan that until she is going around the ship half-naked, it's a temptation for men. Now that they both work on the ship, Robert cannot protect her every time. Morgan pauses for a moment, but then nods in agreement to Heileen.
#CHARITY - Heileen appeals to Morgan's sense of charity. Morgan says that those outfits might not seem but are not cheap, and Heileen reminds him of how she treated him when was a kid. Morgan is visibly embarassed, thinks for a moment and then almost apologizes to Heileen, saying that she is right. Those outfits aren't cheap but nothing compared to the help she gave to him when was a kid.
#DILIGENCE - Heileen says that both Ebele and Robert are doing a great job, and Morgan should reward their diligence somehow. Morgan laughs, and says that everyone aboard works. Heileen asks what about Juliet, what she does all day? Morgan is caught by surprise and doesn't know what to say. Heileen thinks loudly about what kind of services Juliet offers to Morgan in private (some sexy allusion) and Morgan quickly reassures her that she is just a friend (should be some sort of jealousy scene of Heileen vs Morgan). Morgan tells Heileen to stop talking about Juliet, and says that will find a solution, and starts thinking...
#PATIENCE - Heileen nods and accepts Morgan decision. She says that he was already so generous to help them and she understands that he must mantain his leadership. She says that they'll patiently wait for the moment he'll be able to give the new outfits, hoping that it won't be too far away. Heileen is about to leave, when Morgan stops her, saying that she touched him with her words and maybe he found a solution.
#no matter which choice is made, Morgan has an idea: he says that he'll give them new outfits, but Heileen must come with him on the colony to help him with trading, since she is so good to convince people. Heileen is a bit scared of leaving the ship, but he says that everyone in the colony of Port Royal respects him and she has nothing to fear.
#they agree to leave ship the next sunday, when all the other pirate leaders meet to trade goods.