Team Wanted for Girl//∞//Paradox

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Aoki Ko
Projects: Girl//∞//Paradox

Team Wanted for Girl//∞//Paradox

#1 Post by Aoki Ko »

Hey, my pen name is Aoki Ko and I've always loved writing and hope to one day make a living doing it! I've spent a long time tip toeing around an idea for a VN and decided to make it happen. Girl//∞//Paradox is a Horror/SciFi/Mystery that focuses on Time Travel. Remember the storyline may change as we go on.

Here is the synopsis:

Our female protagonist is a beautiful, popular girl. Her life is perfect. She has the perfect friends. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect family. Until, one day, the day before Prom night, she receives an eerie cell phone call telling her she will die today.

The point of the story is how she and her friends use Turners(cellphones that can turn time back a day) to learn who will kill her and stop her from dying.

Prologue(First Draft):
I let out a faint scream but it’s drowned out by the celebration half a school away.
Then as I stand there motionless, thinking where it could never find me…
**loud footsteps**
Crap! I head for the nearest classroom. It’s filled with chairs, around 20, with a big wooden desk on the front. My instincts tell me to hide under it.
I see a figure through the door glass… It kept going on… Am I safe?
**boom** I let out a small shriek before covering my hand that’s wet from my tears. It starts surveying the room as if looking for prey, looking for me. It starts walking through the class room slowly…
**crash** Chairs are being flipped and I couldn’t help but… scream. It was a loud one. It gave away my hiding spot…
As I sit still. I feel the roof over my head lift. There is no desk behind me only a dark figure holding a…knife? No, it’s too big to be a knife, a machete possibly.
“Please!! Please, don’t kill me!!!!!!!!!” I scream even though I know begging for my life won't change its mind.
My killer remains silent…
“Why are you doing this to me?!?!?!?!?!”
He remains silent for a moment and says…
“Because I envy you.”
Before I could even make sense of the words a machete is falling rapidly towards me…
I can’t move. I can’t think. All I know is that in a few short seconds blood covers the green chalkboard… my blood. The pain is excruciating as I wobble around the bloody classroom floor. I try not to look down on my body since I know it can no longer be called that…
Still, I ignore my own advice and look down. I am no longer a person… no longer a living thing. I am BLOODY MEAT splattered everywhere…
Art:
Well, I have a very clear picture about how I want it to look and am looking for a character design style thats poriginal butI'm open to many styles. I also want someone to be do the graphic scenes which I want to be as gory as possible but isn't "cartoonish" or "exaggerated. If you can do both the sprites and the scenes would be awesome.
I also need someone to do the BG which range from dark hallways to cute girls rooms.

Music:
While this is a horror mystery it also has lighter scenes so I want someone that can do all ranges of music. I also need someone who can do sound effects from ringtones to blood spatter.

To end:
I need someone to put together everything on RenPy (I can barely do anything with RenPy) and someone to design a free webpage for the team.

I’m thinking of releasing it in volumes periodically but the exact number of volumes would depend on how fast we work and how the story flows. I thinking that each episode/ volume should take around a month to make since they won't be tooo long and we'll be taking small breaks between each to work on other projects, etc.

I’m free to answer any questions regarding the project and would love some constructive criticism.
Last edited by Aoki Ko on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Kindred87
Regular
Projects: Fairy Tale: Kaguya-hime, MR Project (Non-VN), Wake Up Call (Non-VN), & Becoming A Good Composer
Organization: セイバーサウンドグループ WEST

Re: Team Wanted for new VN project: Girl//∞//Paradox(WT)

#2 Post by Kindred87 »

Reading your prologue while eating salami wasn't a good idea...

Anyways, perhaps I can contribute some music for those "lighter" scenes in the future. x]
LimeBooth : http://limebooth.com/profiles/collinkindred/ | Music Thread (Closed To Requests Indefinitely) : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=12938
SoundCloud : http://soundcloud.com/collin-kindred

Currently : Creating 75+ requested songs.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#3 Post by Mink »

It could be a good idea to put how long this is expected to be, and maybe what sort of programming you'll need.

On that note, a few things to nitpick:

-I wouldn't use 'syfy' for 'sci fi'. The now-dubbed Syfy Channel apparently decided women hate the letters 'c' and 'i', so...yeah. Also, 'syfy' can mean 'syphilis'. Yes, I now call the 'Sci Fi Channel' the 'Syphilis Channel'.

-I think you may be overusing question and exclamation marks. >x>

-As for the bloody/disgusting as possible art...I'd watch that. If you overdo it, it can become boring or cartoonish. (Read: any Final Destination movie beyond the first two) The movie Brain Dead/Dead Alive has completely over-the-top gore, but that's supposed to be funny.

Otherwise, good luck on you project. The world needs more good horror.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Aoki Ko

#4 Post by Aoki Ko »

Kindred87 wrote:Reading your prologue while eating salami wasn't a good idea...

Anyways, perhaps I can contribute some music for those "lighter" scenes in the future. x]
LOL! Can't wait!
Mink wrote:It could be a good idea to put how long this is expected to be, and maybe what sort of programming you'll need.

On that note, a few things to nitpick:

-I wouldn't use 'syfy' for 'sci fi'. The now-dubbed Syfy Channel apparently decided women hate the letters 'c' and 'i', so...yeah. Also, 'syfy' can mean 'syphilis'. Yes, I now call the 'Sci Fi Channel' the 'Syphilis Channel'.

-I think you may be overusing question and exclamation marks. >x>

-As for the bloody/disgusting as possible art...I'd watch that. If you overdo it, it can become boring or cartoonish. (Read: any Final Destination movie beyond the first two) The movie Brain Dead/Dead Alive has completely over-the-top gore, but that's supposed to be funny.

Otherwise, good luck on you project. The world needs more good horror.
Completely agree with everything you said! But what do you mean by what type of programming?

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#5 Post by Mink »

Oh, I meant like, do you need mini-games, how you'd expect to do branching paths, etc. (Like, for some games you could use a point system, others you could program the other paths using menus and labels).

*Website, yo*

Aoki Ko

#6 Post by Aoki Ko »

Oh well actually I'm planning a straight forward storyline, no routes for now. Nothing too complicated though I do want an screen where the player can go read the Profile of all the characters they've met so far and see who can be a possible suspect.

Weakjounin
Veteran

#7 Post by Weakjounin »

Can I sign up to try the art? I'm not great but I'm rapidly improving and trying different styles. check out my deviantart http://weakjounin.deviantart.com please don't just judge me on one or 2 pieces because I do a variety of styles and I have different amounts of experience working with each, I'm starting to practice more realistic drawings lately :D

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#8 Post by Aka-kami »

I'd be willing to contribute to character designs :D

Full time art though... Really depends on how much work there will be ahahaha.
See ya.

Aoki Ko

#9 Post by Aoki Ko »

Aka-kami wrote:I'd be willing to contribute to character designs :D

Full time art though... Really depends on how much work there will be ahahaha.
Well, with character design, the hardest part would be the begin(Episode 1) since the characters will pretty much stay the same with hte inclusion of like 1 or 2 new characters per episode. If your worried there would be too much work you could just stay with one area of the art and leave the rest to other people(make the job lighter)
Weakjounin wrote:Can I sign up to try the art? I'm not great but I'm rapidly improving and trying different styles. check out my deviantart http://weakjounin.deviantart.com please don't just judge me on one or 2 pieces because I do a variety of styles and I have different amounts of experience working with each, I'm starting to practice more realistic drawings lately :D
Can you show me some sprites or drawings that you think would best represent you skills or best fit the VN.

Edit: I've decided to keep the VN within 3-4 episodes/ volumes.
Writer.
Currently looking for a team to work on Girl//∞//Paradox a Horror/SciFi/ Mystery. Interested? Check out my thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=13088

Weakjounin
Veteran

#10 Post by Weakjounin »

Well I'm not really sure what would fit, but if you have specific references to styles you want me to mimic, I'm okay at mimicking styles and integrating it to my own
I'm really not sure which style of my drawing would fit more, so I'd say if you have a style you've got in mind, just inform me and I'll see if I can do it

Aoki Ko

Re: Team Wanted for Girl//∞//Paradox, Programer Needed

#11 Post by Aoki Ko »

Desperatly in need of programer!
Writer.
Currently looking for a team to work on Girl//∞//Paradox a Horror/SciFi/ Mystery. Interested? Check out my thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=13088

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Mink »

Do you have an estimate for how many words you have? It probably won't be exact (in terms of how LINT counts it), but it could give people an idea of how long it'd take to program and if they'd have time.

*Website, yo*

Aoki Ko

#13 Post by Aoki Ko »

Unfortunatly I can't give an estimate right now but keep in mind that episode 1 will be on the short side.
Writer.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#14 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Uhm~ well, I wanted to help with the art, but I'm drowning myself with my own project Q^Q and I'm kind in a hospital right now...

But anyway: GUT LUCK on your project! The world needs MORE gore! (I'm planning to make a horror one myself btw) Maybe if you have an art already, people will be willing to be your programmer?
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#15 Post by leon »

Aoki Ko wrote:Desperatly in need of programer!
I'll be your programmer... PM me if you'll have me.